MTD and Shows...

ciera123

We're on FOS May 17, and this will be the first time using MTD on Royal Caribbean and I have a couple of questions. I've made our reservations in the main dining room for 7:30pm, but then realized we may not make it to the shows that start at 9pm. I tried to change them to 7pm, but nothing is available. First, will the 7:30pm reservations be cutting it too close? With Princess Anytime Dining it worked out fine, but I'm not sure about Royal. And second, if it's too close, should I just straight to the dining room when we board and ask if we can get in at 7pm? What are the chances??? Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by ciera123

in my opinion 7:30 will be cutting it a bit close. Depends on size of your party. If you are a table for 2 then you'll likely make it. If you are a table for 10 then it'll be tough. Personally I'd look at changing it. But you might want to check the show schedule if anyone has one. They may not all be 7 and 9. If you are at a table for 2, just let your waiter know when you have a show to get to and you'll likely be ok.

We are a group of 10 people ranging in age from upper 50's to late 70's. For most of us its our first time to cruise (this is my 12 cruise though). So our group would like to eat together and probably go to the show. What time would you recommend we request reservations for MTD if we want to make the shows?

Thanks

Teanne

We are a group of 10 people ranging in age from upper 50's to late 70's. For most of us its our first time to cruise (this is my 12 cruise though). So our group would like to eat together and probably go to the show. What time would you recommend we request reservations for MTD if we want to make the shows?

Thanks

Teanne

If you are asking about Freedom, the traditional dining times are 5:30pm and 8pm. The shows will be convenient for those times.

Great, thanks! It's just the 2 of us , but I do think I'll try and change to 7pm, or just show up early. I'd rather not be in a hurry! :)

You should be able to change reservations to 7:00 or 7:15 after you get onboard easily. if not, like you said, go for your reservations 15 minutes early -- may get seated earlier.

Edited by nednrom

Thanks

Teanne

See if you can find the compasses to see show times. Sometimes shows don't start until 9:45 or 10:00 so a 7:30 pm dinner reservation may work. If you do a FOS (eastern or western) compass search, you will find approximate times for shows.

You can't book the most popular times in advance...they simply don't allow it. You can book that on the ship, or show up...whatever.

The shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional seating times...that's why those seating times make so much sense, if you're into the shows! No guesswork or scheduling needed!

Early seating goes to the AFTER DINNER SHOW. Late seating goes to the BEFORE DINNER SHOW....how easy is that?

There are a couple of shows that start at 10:30pm...anyone can make those shows!

Edited by cb at sea