love & marriage game

george35

We love this game & would love to try & get on it ( married 58 years ) but we would like to know what night it will be on when we are on the Seranade leaving on Feb. 14 & also on Feb 21st ( yes we are going B/B ) we don't want to have something else going on to keep us from attending the show evn if we don't get on.

George & Liz

We love this game & would love to try & get on it ( married 58 years ) but we would like to know what night it will be on when we are on the Seranade leaving on Feb. 14 & also on Feb 21st ( yes we are going B/B ) we don't want to have something else going on to keep us from attending the show evn if we don't get on.

George & Liz

It was on thursday on the Navigator. Not sure about the Serenade.

Have no idea which night the show will be on your cruise, but I really hope you get picked for it! DH and I were the newly married couple on our honeymoon on the Grandeur in 2009. We had a blast, and felt like celebrities for the rest of the cruise, since people recognized us all over the ship and were chatting with us. It gave us a great opportunity to get to know the activities staff too, and that was a lot of fun. I don't know if we'll ever feel the same way about a cruise as we did about that one! Good luck to you!

The hubby and I have tried to get on this game show twice now. I'm hoping that third times a charm. It would be do much fun. We "play" in the audience and so far we have guessed each others answers correctly. Crossing my fingers that we can get on this time. We sail the Navigator in May.

After being on 5 RCI cruises, I have found this event to get so routine.

On our last cruise I only made it thru the first 20 min.

Same questions.

And it seemed as the couples were prompted on their answers.

or

They already knew the questions from previous sailings.

Any way...

It does seem the interest for this show is lacking.

But

To those who want it.................enjoy.

Safe travels

Same questions.

or

Any way...

But

Safe travels

Have to agree with you. We also walked out after about 20 minutes on our last cruise as they ask the same old questions (from a pool of around 20) on every cruise. It can't be too hard to come up with some new questions to make it less easy to cheat.

Apparently the couple who won it (longest married couple) had also won it on the same ship a few months earlier :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

We were picked and won(have the video and counted the points) Somehow they decided the newlyweds were the winners(least points of the three of us). When I questioned the activities director he mumbled something about I score it the way I want. We had no less than a few hundred people come up to us and express their surprise as to how we won and the newlyweds were declared winners.

Same questions.

or

Any way...

But

Safe travels

It's up to the Cruise Director to change the questions, they can. We have been on cruise's were the questions were the same and also just been on the Vision were almost all the question were different. This was much more exciting and very funny.

It's entertainment. So they'll squeeze as much out of it as they can. No one should be surprised that the most popular couple rather than the couple with most points win. What do you really "win" anyway. Having said that I have enjoyed those games I have seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's entertainment. So they'll squeeze as much out of it as they can. No one should be surprised that the most popular couple rather than the couple with most points win. What do you really "win" anyway. Having said that I have enjoyed those games I have seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The prizes on Allure for the winners were a matched set of pretty expensive watches. Probably around $1000 for the pair. Not too shabby

Same questions.

or

Any way...

But

Safe travels

We will still go, I'm forever hopeful the CD's will come up with new questions. But for the most part that isn't happening. The same goes for Quest. But for Love and Marriage, you almost gave up after 20 minutes? Carly the CD on Jewel last Spring her entire show was only 20 minutes and it was held between dinner seatings! I'm hopeful for a better show on Freedom. We were the middle couple on Jewel in 2012 and I think we knew at least 1/2 the questions ahead of time. Dennis the CD then did a decent job and we had a good time, I'm hopeful the OP gets picked and enjoyed the experience.

We were the newlyweds on the game and I was prompted by cruise staff on what to answer for certain questions. Not all, but some. My wife adheres to no script though and her answers were way funnier :D

We were the middle couple 20 years ago.

Same experience, CD told me what to answer.

Wife was Pissed, since we were winning after first round.

It was fun though

We find this particular show very repetitive and boring now. It has been done to death. Great for new cruisers but a bit tired in my opinion. I'd like to see them inject something fresh and new into it.

The last Love and Marriage I was on the theater was packed! They won't be getting rid of it when that many passenger still enjoy the show.

Thanks Bob! If I haven't said it before - I really appreciate you always being the first to respond with a very accurate answer to my questions!

So, we have been married five years, will be in Steampunk costumes with our Steampunk group (think Victorian meets Jules Verne!), and be doing a vow renewal. What are our odds and when are the auditions?

Thanks!!

Thanks Bob! If I haven't said it before - I really appreciate you always being the first to respond with a very accurate answer to my questions!

So, we have been married five years, will be in Steampunk costumes with our Steampunk group (think Victorian meets Jules Verne!), and be doing a vow renewal. What are our odds and when are the auditions?

Thanks!!

They usually look for newlyweds, longest married(usually 50+ years) and then an in between couple.

Thanks!!

Can't tell you the odds, but the auditions are usually right before the show. Make sure you go early.

George & Liz

George (or Liz as appropriate), thanks for putting a title on your thread!:)