Perfume...your opinion

CCC3

I am hoping you are truly clueless about what Ruth finds so offensive and not just a bigoted excuse for a human being. The offense is in referring to putting family into a gas chamber- something that happened to over 6 million human beings including members of my family. The outrage has nothing to do with opinions about perfume. Are you still ROFL?

I am hoping you are truly clueless about what Ruth finds so offensive and not just a bigoted excuse for a human being. The offense is in referring to putting family into a gas chamber- something that happened to over 6 million human beings including members of my family. The outrage has nothing to do with opinions about perfume. Are you still ROFL?

Maybe if some posters would use the red triangle, the offensive post will not have to be read by anyone.

Edited by iheartbda

Please. He was talking about being confined in an elevator with a cologne bomb.

Remember, elevators smell different if you're a dwarf.

Your outrage is misplaced.

Please. He was talking about being confined in an elevator with a cologne bomb.

Remember, elevators smell different if you're a dwarf.

Your outrage is misplaced.

I beg to differ. The wording he chose is offensive and unnecessary. He could have said that without using those words. And your failure to understand that this terminology is inappropriate shows your insensitivity as well- especially after it has been pointed out.

...and some migraine sufferers get their headaches triggered by some scent. I know some people enjoy wearing scents; while some get distressed by them. But we all live in one planet (or cruisin' on the same ship) so just hold your breath and walk away....literally

So fellow cruisers, if someone suddenly walks away without apparent reason, don't get offended. It may just be your perfume. And they just need to breathe.

I beg to differ. The wording he chose is offensive and unnecessary. He could have said that without using those words. And your failure to understand that this terminology is inappropriate shows your insensitivity as well- especially after it has been pointed out.

No.

Total newbie here, so forgive the utter stupidity of this question. Booked out first cruise for the end of May to the western caribbean. Will I want to take perfume on the trip? Haha...yes I shower daily and wear antiperspirant--but have never been this far south and not sure if it would even last in the possible heat/humidity. And no...I am not that annoying woman who wears so much you smell her before you see her. I'm talking about a spritz in the morning or before dinner. Forgive a newbie for asking...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please for the sake of all around you, leave your perfume at home!

Thank you for being thoughtful enough to ask, remember that one persons idea of just a tiny bit of perfume is another persons Asthma attack!

Please please please leave it home.

Years ago I wore and loved perfume, but in my forties something changed. I can't say whether it's an allergy and it certainly doesn't trigger asthma in me. But it makes my head ache (unusual for me) and makes me very heavy-feeling and uncomfortable.

Wearing perfume is a pleasure for some, but they should remember that being near it is not a pleasure for others, and for others still, it is a health hazard. You don't know who you will be next to at dinner or in the theatre or at muster drill, but it could be someone you are giving a headache or a breathing problem to if you wear perfume.

Is your enjoyment of wearing perfume more important than someone else's comfort or health?

Geez wearing perfume is perfectly acceptable. A cruise ship is basically a large floating hotel. Would anyone dream of telling a patron of a four star hotel anywhere in the world that wearing fragrance is unacceptable? I'm sorry that one might have a sensitivity to certain smells but it is perfectly acceptable for a pax to wear fragrance.

It is not criminal, not illegal, not unethical, not unacceptable to wear perfume. However, it is a serious medical issue for some. They cannot help it. As mentioned in my previous post , most of those sufferers just walk away. We will never know when our turn is, to be sick.

You know the issue is that the OP was nice enough to come on this board and ask politely what WE though about wearing Perfume.

And many posters told her just as politely to please leave it home. If more ladies (and gentlemen too) would just leave it home so many fellow cruisers would really appreciate it!

Thank you OP for your oh so polite question :)

How is any of this - questions and responses alike - different from the same issue anywhere else, at home, in restaurants, in hotels, movie theaters, shopping centers, or anywhere else people congregate?

Just think in terms of common courtesy.

You know the issue is that the OP was nice enough to come on this board and ask politely what WE though about wearing Perfume.

And many posters told her just as politely to please leave it home. If more ladies (and gentlemen too) would just leave it home so many fellow cruisers would really appreciate it!

Thank you OP for your oh so polite question :)

Many posters? I count ten. . .but okay. . . To the OP, enjoy your cruise, you will love it! And the best advice ever given to me was on my first ever cruise by Ken Rush, the CD -- Enjoy yourself, don't worry what others think. . .you will never see those people again. :D

I use perfume - but usually just a quick spritz in the evening. I use a gentle smelling perfume as strong smells can cause me to have an asthma attack. Since I'm aware of that for me, I show consideration for others by not wearing alot of perfume and not a strong scented one.

I always take perfume with me on every cruise.

Since we have to fly, I do have to worry about it being in a suitcase. I put tape around the opening and place the bottle in bubble wrap and pack between the plastic bags that our clothing is packed in.

DW does the same thing.

DW does the same thing.

So why do you tape down the perfume while traveling? I'm guessing it's because you don't want to have the perfume spilling out all over your clothes. Yes? Because that would be too much perfume for you.

What you are hearing here is that different people have different thresholds for how much perfume is too much. You don't want it penetrating all your clothes. Some other people find that a little of it is okay. Some other people find it makes their eyes water or their head ache. Some people get asthma attacks from it.

So my question is, can there be a good life without perfume? If not, why not?

Total newbie here, so forgive the utter stupidity of this question. Booked out first cruise for the end of May to the western caribbean. Will I want to take perfume on the trip? Haha...yes I shower daily and wear antiperspirant--but have never been this far south and not sure if it would even last in the possible heat/humidity. And no...I am not that annoying woman who wears so much you smell her before you see her. I'm talking about a spritz in the morning or before dinner. Forgive a newbie for asking...

Hi. I am sure you are a sensible woman who knows how much perfume to use! I have no idea how climate in the Caribbean affects perfume. What I will say is that the shops onboard have loads of testers available so you can experiment to your heart's desire. My wife said she needn't have brought any with her!! Have a great cruise! Ken

So why do you tape down the perfume while traveling? I'm guessing it's because you don't want to have the perfume spilling out all over your clothes. Yes? Because that would be too much perfume for you.

What you are hearing here is that different people have different thresholds for how much perfume is too much. You don't want it penetrating all your clothes. Some other people find that a little of it is okay. Some other people find it makes their eyes water or their head ache. Some people get asthma attacks from it.

So my question is, can there be a good life without perfume? If not, why not?

A little is fine and she only takes a small sample with her. It is more a thing that our daughter wants esp. duty free.