Fitbit on board?

CCC3

Lol. Thanks for the step count. That's a lot of steps and a lot of burned calories. Congrats on the weight loss too. Us Fitbit wearers are obsessed with it. I walked around Lowe's last night just to get my final steps in! We also use My Fitness Pal to track calories. We don't plan on tracking calories on the cruise but we are both so use to watching what we eat now that I don't think we will over indulge on anything. I've lost 20 pounds which isn't a lot for most people but when you are under 5 foot tall it makes a huge difference. I'm glad to see so many people on here using this little gadget! Keep up the good work! I'll report back when we return!

Height challenged people seem to have to work harder.:D Sure not easy as I am one of them.

I find bread is a no no as that adds the calories. I would rather have Wine! So, we pass on the bread at dinner.

If have a fitbit one and have gone a vacation for two weeks. There was no problem to sync the steps when arriving home. I just googled it and they say it will store steps for 23 days. I am hoping to get many steps while cruising, most days I complete 13,000 steps, and have lost a few pounds in the process!!

I have the Fitbit Zip. How many days will it store the data, in between sync's?

I sync my Fitbit to my laptop computer NOT a phone (and don't intend to start doing that) so I wonder how many days it will store the data.

I plan to take the fitbit on my next cruise, but will probably NOT take it everywhere....since I don't (1) want to lose it or (2) get it wet (I love wateractivities).

If have a fitbit one and have gone a vacation for two weeks. There was no problem to sync the steps when arriving home. I just googled it and they say it will store steps for 23 days. I am hoping to get many steps while cruising, most days I complete 13,000 steps, and have lost a few pounds in the process!!

Wow, 13,000 steps.....I have never gotten more than 11, 100 and that was really working hard at it. Has anyone had experience with the fitbit storing more than a week of data? Gee, 23 days would be incredible, but I have no plans for any cruise or vacation that long right now.

Wow, 13,000 steps.....I have never gotten more than 11, 100 and that was really working hard at it. Has anyone had experience with the fitbit storing more than a week of data? Gee, 23 days would be incredible, but I have no plans for any cruise or vacation that long right now.

Here is the storage specs for the fitbit one:

-Tracks 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.

-Tracks daily totals for past 23 days

fitbit zip:

and the fitbit surge:

-Tracks daily totals for past 30 days

-Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times

-Sample rate for GPS is 1 Hz

Edited by tahqa

I did a 7 night cruise and my Fibit Zip sync all 7 days when I arrived back in Fort Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same with me.

No need to sync/download on the cruise, my Fitbit stored 8 days of data & downloaded at home when we returned from our cruise.

Just be sure to fully charge the night before you leave!

Here is the storage specs for the fitbit one:

fitbit zip:

-Sample rate for GPS is 1 Hz

Thanks for this info, since this is the one I have. I like the fact that the fitbit zip has a battery, so I don't have to remember to recharge it....which I would be lax at, knowing me.

Thank you for the storage information on the FitBit Zip. Now I know that after my 15 night cruise I will still have my data!

On the Zip - the battery life is long (about 4 - 6 months for me), but when it goes, it seems to go fast. So, if you haven't changed the battery in a while it would be a good idea to take a new one along. I doubt if the kind of batteries we need are available on the ship and I don't want to spend limited shore time looking for a new battery.

Yes, in fact I hardly ever sync on the computer. Our plan was to put the phones into airplane modes until we found that free wifi, turn the phones on, sync, email, etc, and put them back on airplane mode until the next location.

I didn't know they would store for 7 days. That's so helpful...thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a note of caution ... DON'T take your phones off of airplane mode!! You can connect to Wifi without taking it off of airplane mode. Airplane mode only stops you from connecting to the cellular network. If you take it off of airplane mode, you run the risk of using data and incurring HUGE cell bills.

Here are the numbers that I tallied on the Oasis last week. I ran/power walked 4 times on the ship's track.

Day 1 - 11,134

Day 2 - 15,425 (the 20 minute walk to/from the beach helped these numbers)

Day 3 - 13,210

Day 4 - 11,152

Day 5 - 10,571

Day 6 - 7,307

Day 7 - 10,378

I wanted to average 12K a day but came up short at 11,311.

Thanks for sharing your step stats for your usage on board. So how would that compare to a 7 day period of time when you were not on the ship?

I wear my Fitbit One all the time...it has gone on 2 transatlantic cruises and has visited Europe a bunch of times. I just ignore the time on it...with Europe being 5 or six hours later than where I am it works fine. All my trips are 2-3 weeks and the data has always been there when I got home. I do 25,000 to 30,000 steps every day. Have gotten a little fanatical about it :).

I wear my Fitbit One all the time...it has gone on 2 transatlantic cruises and has visited Europe a bunch of times. I just ignore the time on it...with Europe being 5 or six hours later than where I am it works fine. All my trips are 2-3 weeks and the data has always been there when I got home. I do 25,000 to 30,000 steps every day. Have gotten a little fanatical about it :).

25,000 to 30,000 steps everyday sounds impossible, even for on a cruise ship.....how do you manage that?

Holy cow! I average 10,000 - 12,000 steps a day and work to get there! The most I ever did was 16,000 one day in Vegas and I was constantly on the move. You must sleep walk, LOL!

Holy cow! I average 10,000 - 12,000 steps a day and work to get there! The most I ever did was 16,000 one day in Vegas and I was constantly on the move. You must sleep walk, LOL!

I am trying to get my average up to 10-12K per day. Usually I have one or two days a week that are over 10K and one might be as high as 11K. I am on my feet at work all the time, sometimes walking further distances depending upon what I am doing, but always walking somewhat. My typical work day varies from 4 - 6.5 hours. It takes great effort into the upper 10k number for me.

I do realize I walk more on ships. We almost always use the stairs and the walking back to front and around the pool deck or across the Promenade, adds up; then add in time on the treadmill in the gym.

On one trip this spring my wife recorded 35,000 or something like that in a day. Not much walking involved - most of that came from many hours in a Land Rover crossing rough terrain.

On one trip this spring my wife recorded 35,000 or something like that in a day. Not much walking involved - most of that came from many hours in a Land Rover crossing rough terrain.

That doesn't make sense and it sure isn't what I would say is an accurate assessment of the individuals effort.

LOL! I just tried bouncing up and down in my chair with my FitBit Zip and yep...it recorded the bounces! Of course I was expending energy there, so it was probably accurate. I don't think they made the Zip with bouncy roads in Land Rovers in mind. But then, that would not be a typical day for most of us.

Wouldn't a good pedometer record distance/how many steps walked? We wore pedometers for years and I always loved checking how many steps. I know fit-bit offers more but in a pinch, pedometer is better than nothing.

Wouldn't a good pedometer record distance/how many steps walked? We wore pedometers for years and I always loved checking how many steps. I know fit-bit offers more but in a pinch, pedometer is better than nothing.

Sure, then you can compile your step progress with your abacus, and track it on some graph paper.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I read post after post in this thread mentioning how many steps per day walked. My pathetic little clip on my waistband pedometer tells me how many steps and distance walked. It's just a little thing about 2" x 1.5" and has never failed me. :) No arithmetic on my part required. A simple glance tells me steps and distance.

I don't know what that photo is supposed to be but it isn't anything I've ever seen. :D :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

I don't just wear myCharge HR for the number of steps. I wear it for my heart rate as well. I don't want to just know the number of steps. I want to know if I was working out at a cardio level, or a fat-burning level. because 10,000 steps at a heart rate of 70 bpm is far different than 10,000 steps with 5,000 of them at a heart rate of 150 bpm.

my fitbit tells me the following:

Time

Steps

Heart Rate

Distance walked

Calories burned

Floors climbed

silent (vibrate) alarms

exercise timer

does a pedometer count steps? yes. do I want more than that? yes. So the fitbit was more than worth it for me as it has helped me lose 30 pounds in four months.

Edited by Anthomaniac