Just off the Star 15 day Panama Canal cruise LA to Miami

ship-disturber

Just off the Star, we had an amazing time with an amazing crew, one of the best I have ever sailed with. While the Star is showing why she is going into dry dock, it was clean, the shows were good, the staff went out of their way to please you, The itinerary exceeded my expectations. We did private excursions in every port and they were amazing. I will be writing a full review. Oh yes I realize food is a subjective thing but we had absolutely no complaints.

I was watching the Star webcam last week and surprised to see you were in the locks at the time. I don't normally track where the Star is but I've been pretty lucky so catch most of the transits the Star has been doing recently.

There were two laundry bag days, we did not take advantage of it for as Platinum members we got one laundry free. The canal was wonderful and they opened up the deck where the crew have the hot tubs that you see on the web cam, they provided water and fresh fruit during the crossing as well as providing a commentary.

As far as the dry dock, we were told by the Hotel Director Hugo that it would be extensive, All staterooms will receive new mattresses and carpets, some of the restaurants will be reconfigured, a great deal of recarpeting, and a makeover of the atrium. The Blue Lagoon will become a New O'Sheehans bar and grill, and the theatre is getting a much needed makeover.

As far as the dry dock, we were told by the Hotel Director Hugo that it would be extensive, All staterooms will receive new mattresses and carpets, some of the restaurants will be reconfigured, a great deal of recarpeting, and a makeover of the atrium. The Blue Lagoon will become a New O'Sheehans bar and grill, and the theatre is getting a much needed makeover.

A makeover of the atrium is fantastic news. I'll be so happy to see those plastic fountains under the stairs gone when we sail in May!