On board booking

juicyjuju

• 4 months later...
Can the 5% discount for booking on board be combined with a discount offered by our TA when we transfer the booking to them?

Yes. It's not like the on-board credits you get offered in various places. You have given Seabourn $500 advance payment. In effect they are paying you interest for the time they have been using your money. As Mr L said what's not to like?

On my last Seabourn cruise, I purchased two future cruise credits ($500.00 each), and have since applied them to two cruises for 2016. I have now seen another Seabourn cruise that I want to do (is that being greedy????!!!), but don't have any more credits to apply. Does anyone know if it is possible to book a cruise, without using a future cruise credit, then purchasing a future cruise credit later when on board a Seabourn ship, and applying it to the booked cruise to reduce the cost by 5%, and attributing the $500 credit as well?

On my last Seabourn cruise, I purchased two future cruise credits ($500.00 each), and have since applied them to two cruises for 2016. I have now seen another Seabourn cruise that I want to do (is that being greedy????!!!), but don't have any more credits to apply. Does anyone know if it is possible to book a cruise, without using a future cruise credit, then purchasing a future cruise credit later when on board a Seabourn ship, and applying it to the booked cruise to reduce the cost by 5%, and attributing the $500 credit as well?

Not that I am aware of.

I had a similar situation last year when I wanted to book Antarctica before our May Cruise on Sojourn, I waited until we arrived on the ship before booking Antarctica so I could get my 5% onboard discount, unfortunately the airfares increased by 50% ($5,000 dollars) in the meantime, so that was false economy on my part!:)

(I didn't want to book the air earlier in case I couldn't get the cruise ?

Not that I am aware of.

I had a similar situation last year when I wanted to book Antarctica before our May Cruise on Sojourn, I waited until we arrived on the ship before booking Antarctica so I could get my 5% onboard discount, unfortunately the airfares increased by 50% ($5,000 dollars) in the meantime, so that was false economy on my part!:)

(I didn't want to book the air earlier in case I couldn't get the cruise ?

Yes, our airfares to South America are very high, aren't they. I was very lucky a few weeks ago to get a cheap airfare on a QANTAS special, just over $5000 per person business class, AUS to BUE and SCL to AUS (For Seabourn's Antarctica itinerary!!) Normally they are at least $7500 per person. I used one of my future cruise credits for Antarctica, and then booked a Norweigan Fjords cruise for June 2016 with the other one. Now I have seen another Seabourn cruise I would love to do later in 2016, but may have to wait until Jan 2016 to book it once on board the Quest. I thought having 2 future cruise credits up my sleeve would be enough, but I may need to purchase a few more next time!!!

Yes, our airfares to South America are very high, aren't they. I was very lucky a few weeks ago to get a cheap airfare on a QANTAS special, just over $5000 per person business class, AUS to BUE and SCL to AUS (For Seabourn's Antarctica itinerary!!) Normally they are at least $7500 per person. I used one of my future cruise credits for Antarctica, and then booked a Norweigan Fjords cruise for June 2016 with the other one. Now I have seen another Seabourn cruise I would love to do later in 2016, but may have to wait until Jan 2016 to book it once on board the Quest. I thought having 2 future cruise credits up my sleeve would be enough, but I may need to purchase a few more next time!!!

We have had this experience :).

Unfortunately it is only applicable if you have it prior to booking. Some other cruise lines let you book then apply it when you get on board but I am pretty sure they don't give you 5% with every booking. I think it is more like 2 - 3%

We thought we would only need one future cruise credit on hand when we first started sailing.........then the bug bit and we got caught with no future cruise credit spare. So now we go with about three for those just in case a good cruise with a good price shows up.

Julie