new..need help

Floridabride

Good Evening Everyone,

We have our first RC cruise booked for August. We are doing the western on the Freedom of the Seas.

We have cruised twice before on disney cruise line,so this is all new!

We have my time dining booked,but not sure how this works, we are a family of 5,2 adults 3 kids,16,11, & 8.

what else do we need to do? i have rung today and booked a character breakfast on our 1st morning....

what excursions do you all recommend?

do you do fish extenders? or is that a disney thing?

thanks x

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I see that you found the RCI board which is a good place to ask all kinds of questions.

You may wish to join your Roll Call and see what others are doing for ship excursions and private tours -- however I looked through 2 pages for the date of your cruise and could not find one. So you may want to start one of your own Here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261&order=desc

Anytime dining is like going to a restaurant at home. The biggest difference is you will have the option of sharing a table with others. You show up at the dining room when you are ready to eat. Sometimes a table will be available and you will be seated immediately. Other times there will be a wait. If the wait is longer you will be given a beeper.

On the Disney ships the "mailbox" thing by the cabin door is fish shaped and the groups will make something to hang off of it to hold presents that are given to the "Roll Call type" group. Its fantastic! Good fish extender and you can see how creative some people are!

Edited by Sauer-kraut

On the Disney ships the "mailbox" thing by the cabin door is fish shaped and the groups will make something to hang off of it to hold presents that are given to the "Roll Call type" group. Its fantastic! Good fish extender and you can see how creative some people are!

thanks - I was wondering the same thing :eek:

Thankyou for your replies.

Do we get assigned restaurants then?

Fish extenders are great,but quite glad we are not doing them as it takes alot of suitcase space up! :D

My Time Dining is for the Main Dining Room. The Windjammer is a buffet where you can enjoy pretty much all day. They put out a breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. I am not sure what other restaurants or specialty restaurants are on that ship...

As others have said with My Time Dining you can just show up when you are hungry or if you have an idea what time you are going to want to eat you can call ahead and make a reservation so that way the kids (or adults) don't get grumpy waiting if there is not a table available right away. I have not personally heard of anyone waiting more than 20 mins, but 20 mins can seem like an eternity to hungry kids.

You also have room service 24/7 but there is a charge between the hours of midnight to 5 am (I think those are the hours)

Definitely read up on the ship on the RCI forum. Freedom is in dry dock now for major changes - they are adding a few new specialty restaurants, adding Hairspray Broadway show, and some new rooms. I am also booked on Freedom next Nov for Western, and it will be our first time on her too. :). I have been trying to learn as much as I can - for example, I think you need to make reservations for Hairspray and the Ice Skating show.

Sent from my iPad using Forums