Quiet Sail Away Spot

tvaud

We will be sailing on the Coral next month for the first time and want to find a nice bar to enjoy a relaxing sailaway, away from the deck party chaos. We've been on the Island, sailing to Alaska, but watched the ship sail from our balcony. Is the Bar & Grill on Sun Deck open for sailaway? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

We will be sailing on the Coral next month for the first time and want to find a nice bar to enjoy a relaxing sailaway, away from the deck party chaos. We've been on the Island, sailing to Alaska, but watched the ship sail from our balcony. Is the Bar & Grill on Sun Deck open for sailaway? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, the Bar & Grill on the Sun Deck will be open and both operational. There will be other passengers around as this is one of the preferred places to watch a sail-a-way. The 'deck party' will be on decks 14 & 15 near this bar and the one on the lido deck below. You could try to go forward on deck 15 or 16. While there are no bars there, I have sometimes seen bar waiters in rolling temporary carts all around these decks.

OP is asking about the Coral. Coral class predates the Grand Class, so no shopping cart handle bar called Skywalkers. I may be on the same cruise, so I'm loathe to suggest this, but there are several public balconies at the stern of the ship which will probably be where I may be.

Edited by martylouie

OP is asking about the Coral. Coral class predates the Grand Class, so no shopping cart handle bar called Skywalkers. I may be on the same cruise, so I'm loathe to suggest this, but there are several public balconies at the stern of the ship which will probably be where I may be.

Actually, the Grand-class predates the Coral-class... :) Another place I'd suggest is the Promenade deck. It's very wide on the Coral and has very comfortable teak steamer chairs...