2 legs cruise

jovian1998

Hi All,

My first post here :)

I've just booked a 2-leg cruise with Carnival Splendor:

1. from New York - San Juan (5/24/15 - 6/1/15)

2. From San Juan - New York (6/1/15 - 6/9/15)

They had a good sale last week which makes airfare back was half of the cruise cost. So we jumped on the deal.

My questions:

Since it's the same day/ship, Is there a way for me to avoid having to check out and check back in on 6/1?

Any other advice is appreciated since I'll be travelling with 3 small children and retired parents (i.e Immigration/Customs,etc).

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

What you have booked is called a "back-to-back" cruise. We have done many of them.

Hopefully you have booked the same cabin for both segments. We always book early enough to get the same cabin.

Since I don't know your exact itinerary, I am assuming that you have a foreign port between New York and San Juan?

You will have to go through immigration in San Juan.

Near the end of the first segment, you should get a letter giving you instructions on what to do on what is called "turn around day" or "In Transit" day in San Juan.

We did great number of b-to-b's. You will not have to go through the whole check in process again.

If you have the same cabin, leave all your things in place. If you have a different cabin, you will have to move but the stewards will help you and it is fast and easy.

[/b]

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on this:

My kid will turn 2 on the 4th day of our 8-day cruise.

We're taking Carnival splendor next week, and would like to know if he can be admitted in the camp carnival program from the very beginning of the cruise, or right on the day he turns 2.

We called Carnival customer service, and they couldn't give definite answer. They told me to just ask the camp personnel on the second day of sailing.

Any advise/experience will be appreciated.

We're taking Carnival splendor next week, and would like to know if he can be admitted in the camp carnival program from the very beginning of the cruise, or right on the day he turns 2.

We called Carnival customer service, and they couldn't give definite answer. They told me to just ask the camp personnel on the second day of sailing.

First, you should have started a different thread for this question, because it doesn't relate at all to the title of the thread and not many will open it for that reason. Second, the place for research on this is the Carnival board, located under Cruise Lines A-O. Third, consensus on Carnival is that your child is the age he is on the first day of the cruise. But that it doesn't hurt to go to Camp Ocean the day you board and ask. They might allow him in the day he turns 2. Their insurance coverage would not allow it earlier. EM

You can ask, but be prepared for them to say no, not at all during the cruise.

It may depend on how many other kids are in the camp and the mood of the person in charge, but kids are considered to be the age at boarding for the entire cruise.

If your son will already be 2 for the second leg of your b2b then it's not a problem.