Port or Island in Caribbean or Mexico

beshears

Bermuda and It doesn't fall in either category. Will be visiting for the 3rd time in July. Love the color of the water, the people are friendly and it's easy to navigate with the ferries and buses. We went to 2 beaches recommended by locals and loved them. It's just a beautiful place to visit!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

If you had "one" port or island in the Caribbean or Mexico, what (yes this is YOUR opinion) would it be, and why?
This is not a "correct" answer for Cruise Critic, but my favorite islands have been never visited by cruise ships. No hordes of people, no tacky merchandise, no locals jaded by WAY too many tourists, just some gorgeous beaches, often surprisingly good food and generally welcoming locals. No way am I going to mention names:cool:

Thom

PS Yes I still cruise and enjoy it (and its pricing), but if I had lots more money I'd be chartering the Maltese Falcon (6 cabins, €385,000 per week:eek:, including crew, but not provisions and tips).

As a scuba diver, this is really tough. I would have to go with Bonaire. I haven't been there on a cruise ship yet, but I spent a week there diving.

I would have loved to take the explorer, but none of the dates would work with the teaching schedule to do the ABC islands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a scuba diver, this is really tough. I would have to go with Bonaire. I haven't been there on a cruise ship yet, but I spent a week there diving.

I would have loved to take the explorer, but none of the dates would work with the teaching schedule to do the ABC islands.

Check out Vision out of Tampa in Jan 2016.:)

Serenade of the Seas is going out of Port Everglades at least once a month from Nov 2015 through Apr 2016, Vision of the Seas out of Tampa in Nov 2015 and Jan 2016, Celebrity Eclipse out of Port Everglade at least once a month from Nov 2015 through Apr 2016. There are lots of other lines that also go to Bonaire. I don't know your teaching schedule, but unfortunately most of these are longer cruises in the Winter, which are probably tough to fit in. The 10 night Royal Princess on 20 Dec 2015 might fit your schedule, but being a Christmas cruise it is pricey.

Thom

If you had "one" port or island in the Caribbean or Mexico, what (yes this is YOUR opinion) would it be, and why?

St. Maarten hands down. Always have a blast there. Not only that you get two countries in one (Dutch/French)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by stones902

I already booked the serenade for Christmas 2015 and New Year's

It doesn't go to Bonaire but it goes to two islands I've never been to. 12 nights. I'll check out the Royal Princess. If it is less than the serenade I might cancel the serenade and jump on that one. $4600 is a lot of money for a D1 (aft of course).

Gotta have my aft. Lol

I'm going on the vision again at the end of March.

I'm limited to Thanksgiving week, Christmas vacation, the third or fourth week in March, and then of course summer vacation.

I can't wait till I can retire and go during off peak times.

I would love to try the NCL Haven, but it is out of my price range and I don't have three or four friends that would pay over 2000 for seven nights. I would do it in a heartbeat and share a cabin to have all those perks. That price was for five people in July of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums