Coco Reef Resort has raised price again.

Jetswdo

Firstcruiser, thank you for sharing your experience! If you don't mind me asking, did you have a reservation at Coco Reef for the day pass? Just curious because my family and I made reservations for the day pass for our cruise in two weeks and we were under the impression from the information we were provided that an umbrella was part of the reservation price. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

You would think for $69 they would have enough umbrellas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the information I received when we booked w/ Coco Reef. Hope it helps anyone w/ questions

Thank you for getting in touch with us at Coco Reef! Our day pass is $69 per person ages 12 and older. It includes a 2 course lunch, glass of beer, wine or a soft drink, use of the beach and pool facilities and towels. We have 2 small changing rooms but we do NOT have lockers to store belongings. Children under 12 are complimentary but that does not include their lunch, which can be purchased separately off the menu.

You would think for $69 they would have enough umbrellas.

It's first come, first serve. As to the price I checked the regular menu for what we ate at lunch for purposes of leaving a tip. Lunch without a tip would have been $30pp easily depending on what you eat. Remember these are Bermuda prices which are extremely high. I didn't have any problem in effect paying $39 pp for using the facilities.

We have been 3xs each time price went up by $10 pp. We still love it there. Staff is fab. It is very quiet and laid back. The food is very clean eating fresh. They let us get ice tea instead of drinks but I dont think it is free refills. They give us as many towels as we want. We are going back again this September. We hire a driver it is $24pp roundtrip. There are umbrellas on the beach but it is first come first serve. My parents love it too.

Yes, we did have a reservation. I reserved two passes about 6 weeks before our trip. Once all of the beach umbrellas were in use, I did see a couple of ladies that arrived later ask for one. A nice gentleman in a tie brought one out for them. I think you are fine if you arrive sometime before 11am.

For 2015 it is now $69.00 per person over the age of 12. I just reserved for the two of us for a June cruise. Not such a great value any more, I don't think. Bummer.

We are reserved for August. Last August, we truly enjoyed the peace and quiet at Coco Reef- for the $69 pp you get use of the hotels facilities, including the pool area, rest and changing room, the beach with an umbrella and lunch including a beverage or glass of wine. IMO not expensive when you look at the price of tours. You are also directly next door to the Elbow beach club hotel and can walk around it also.

We no longer enjoy tours as they herd you in buses and on long lines- takes the joy out of the tour. Horseshoe bay is beautiful, but you have to rent a chair and umbrella and it is typically very crowded-

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are reserved for August. Last August, we truly enjoyed the peace and quiet at Coco Reef- for the $69 pp you get use of the hotels facilities, including the pool area, rest and changing room, the beach with an umbrella and lunch including a beverage or glass of wine. IMO not expensive when you look at the price of tours. You are also directly next door to the Elbow beach club hotel and can walk around it also.

We no longer enjoy tours as they herd you in buses and on long lines- takes the joy out of the tour. Horseshoe bay is beautiful, but you have to rent a chair and umbrella and it is typically very crowded-

Enjoy your cruise

I spent the last two days at Horseshoe. If you take a little walk most of it is not crowded. Took the direct shuttle. No long lines. The two days were wonderful. And it is more beautiful than the beach that Coco Reef is on. But hey if you want to spend. 69 instead of 22 to be on a lessor beach. Go for it.......

I spent the last two days at Horseshoe. If you take a little walk most of it is not crowded. Took the direct shuttle. No long lines. The two days were wonderful. And it is more beautiful than the beach that Coco Reef is on. But hey if you want to spend. 69 instead of 22 to be on a lessor beach. Go for it.......

That 69 includes lunch and use of all facilities, in an earlier post I mentioned that lunch would have been $30pp in itself. It was well worth it when you take into account Bermuda food prices. By the way, the lunch was one of the best meals i had on the trip, including on the ship. My wife likes beaches, I don't so having the ability to use the pool a plus. Each to his own but your comparison is not valid.

Edited by dkjretired

That 69 includes lunch and use of all facilities, in an earlier post I mentioned that lunch would have been $30pp in itself. It was well worth it when you take into account Bermuda food prices. By the way, the lunch was one of the best meals i had on the trip, including on the ship. My wife likes beaches, I don't so having the ability to use the pool a plus. Each to his own but your comparison is not valid.

My comparison is valid. You spent $47 pp more than I did. You went to a nice beach but not the best. I have had a bunch of lunches in Bermuda and never spent $30 pp. for lunch. But I never have fancy lunches. Not my big meal of the day. When the price was $49 it may have been worth it but at $69 it is overpriced.

My comparison is valid. You spent $47 pp more than I did. You went to a nice beach but not the best. I have had a bunch of lunches in Bermuda and never spent $30 pp. for lunch. But I never have fancy lunches. Not my big meal of the day. When the price was $49 it may have been worth it but at $69 it is overpriced.
T

Too each his own. When we are on vacation we do not really care about spending an extra dollar or two, If we like it we get it. We are not rich at all, but enjoy vacations. Life gets shorter every day !

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sorry, apples and oranges comparison..Beach access vs beach access, two course lunch with drink, pool, changing facilities.

Edited by dkjretired

Sorry, apples and oranges comparison..Beach access vs beach access, two course lunch with drink, pool, changing facilities.

Horseshoe has changing facilities and a lifeguard. It's a better beach. Plenty of pools on the ship. I go to Bermuda for the beautiful beaches not the pools! Ditto for two course lunches. I don't need that on the beach.

T

Too each his own. When we are on vacation we do not really care about spending an extra dollar or two, If we like it we get it. We are not rich at all, but enjoy vacations. Life gets shorter every day !

I would spend the extra money for something that was worth it. It's not worth it to me to go to that beach (Elbow) instead of Horseshoe. I have been there and it's far down on my list of Bermuda beaches of which I have been to quite a few of over 16 years. If Coco Reef was at some wonderful beach I would consider it.

Edited by Charles4515

IMHO -- it's still a good bargain, when you consider what's included in the day pass:

-- private beach, with umbrellas, lounge chairs, and towels included;

-- bathrooms, with shower/changing facilities;

-- use of Coco Reef's beautiful pool (if you don't like the beach);

-- a very nice lunch, with a glass of wine included.

Bermuda is a pricey place -- you can spend nearly that much $$ on lunch alone!

I agree. Glad to see a day pass offered. If you add everything up for the other beaches, good deal I think. Thanks for the info :)

Horseshoe Bay

horseshoe.jpg

Coco Reef Resort

cocoreef.jpg

Maybe some people are looking for a break from the crowds. I know that is why I personally booked Coco Reef for the day. I've been to Horseshoe Bay several times and plan to also go again this upcoming visit.

Not sure what restaurants other poster are eating at in Bermuda that they were able to get an appetizer, entrée, and alcoholic beverage for less than $30 but I'd love to know so I could check them out. The last time I was in Bermuda an order of fish & chips alone was $24! I'd gladly pay $69 for a nice two course meal, alcoholic beverage, private beach, loungers, umbrella, pool access, changing facilities, etc...away from the crowds.;):)

Horseshoe Bay

horseshoe.jpg

Coco Reef Resort

cocoreef.jpg

Maybe some people are looking for a break from the crowds. I know that is why I personally booked Coco Reef for the day. I've been to Horseshoe Bay several times and plan to also go again this upcoming visit.

Not sure what restaurants other poster are eating at in Bermuda that they were able to get an appetizer, entrée, and alcoholic beverage for less than $30 but I'd love to know so I could check them out. The last time I was in Bermuda an order of fish & chips alone was $24! I'd gladly pay $69 for a nice two course meal, alcoholic beverage, private beach, loungers, umbrella, pool access, changing facilities, etc...away from the crowds.;):)

You show a picture of the most crowded side of Horseshoe Bay. Below is a picture of the other side. You don't have to plop down right at the entrance. I took this last week.

b1e5e281d9280fb2cca245916ce12789.jpg

I have had many lunches for under $20 in Bermuda. But I don't want a huge meal with an appetizer for lunch!

One thing for sure if I fly to Bermuda I won't stay at either resort in Elbow Beach, particularly because they sell day passes. If I pay for a resort I don't want non guests at the resort.

Edited by Charles4515

You show a picture of the most crowded side of Horseshoe Bay. Below is a picture of the other side. You don't have to plop down right at the entrance. I took this last week.

b1e5e281d9280fb2cca245916ce12789.jpg

I have had many lunches for under $20 in Bermuda. But I don't want a huge meal with an appetizer for lunch!

One thing for sure if I fly to Bermuda I won't stay at either resort in Elbow Beach, particularly because they sell day passes. If I pay for a resort I don't want non guests at the resort.

Did you rent umbrellas & chairs or did you bring your own? Did you lug them all the way to the opposite side of the beach? I've been several times to Horseshoe Bay and walked to that side of the beach. Its lovely.... but its quite a haul (I have mobility issues) So that is something to factor in. Also the secret is out on that side of Horseshoe Bay. You used to be able to walk to the opposite side and have it all to yourself. Not the case anymore...at least in my previous experiences it wasn't.

Your personal preferences are just that...yours. I personally would love an appetizer option or salad w/ my lunch entrée. I'd also appreciate a glass of wine or mixed drink w/ my lunch. Not everyone wants to eat on a budget or eat light. Not everyone came to Bermuda to visit the beaches. Just because its not something you personally would want to do doesn't make it wrong or a waste of $.

Edited by sarahc78

Did you rent umbrellas & chairs or did you bring your own? Did you lug them all the way to the opposite side of the beach? I've been several times to Horseshoe Bay and walked to that side of the beach. Its lovely.... but its quite a haul (I have mobility issues) So that is something to factor in. Also the secret is out on that side of Horseshoe Bay. You used to be able to walk to the opposite side and have it all to yourself. Not the case anymore...at least in my previous experiences it wasn't.

Your personal preferences are just that...yours. I personally would love an appetizer option or salad w/ my lunch entrée. I'd also appreciate a glass of wine or mixed drink w/ my lunch. Not everyone wants to eat on a budget or eat light. Not everyone came to Bermuda to visit the beaches. Just because its not something you personally would want to do doesn't make it wrong or a waste of $.

I rented chairs. It is not quite a haul to get to the less crowded area. While the picture is from the far end the crowded area drops off rapidly. From watching I believe those of us who don't want to be with crowds is a minority. I have seen the same at other beaches. As you can see from the picture you can have it all to your self and it is plainly visible. I saw it my first visit 15 years ago. There is no secret. The somewhat unfathomable truth is that it seems most people want to be around other people. They enjoy the crowd. Probably a social aspect. No other explanation as to why they won't take a few steps to an emptier part of the beach. People have done the same for 15 years, they have not migrated to the uncrowded part of the beach. I have pictures from then that are exactly the same.

If your preference is to have a three course meal outside on a hot day is your preference go for it. That's what I have said "go for it." You and others seem to be awfully defensive about spending that $69 for a day pass at a Bermuda beach. I will admit I think it is silly to do that. You are not going to convince me otherwise. Been to Bermuda many times and to other places where it does makes sense to get a day pass. I have gotten many at Sandals and other resorts on other islands. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

I think this sounds like a great deal and am thinking about doing this in August. Just wondering for those that did this, are there certain times that you can check in at, or have to leave by? I was thinking of doing this on the first day and don't really want to rush off the ship to get there.

I rented chairs. It is not quite a haul to get to the less crowded area. While the picture is from the far end the crowded area drops off rapidly. From watching I believe those of us who don't want to be with crowds is a minority. I have seen the same at other beaches. As you can see from the picture you can have it all to your self and it is plainly visible. I saw it my first visit 15 years ago. There is no secret. The somewhat unfathomable truth is that it seems most people want to be around other people. They enjoy the crowd. Probably a social aspect. No other explanation as to why they won't take a few steps to an emptier part of the beach. People have done the same for 15 years, they have not migrated to the uncrowded part of the beach. I have pictures from then that are exactly the same.

If your preference is to have a three course meal outside on a hot day is your preference go for it. That's what I have said "go for it." You and others seem to be awfully defensive about spending that $69 for a day pass at a Bermuda beach. I will admit I think it is silly to do that. You are not going to convince me otherwise. Been to Bermuda many times and to other places where it does makes sense to get a day pass. I have gotten many at Sandals and other resorts on other islands. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

I'm not defensive at all I'm just merely trying to understand why just because *you personally* don't think it's worth the money or it's not your preference to want to have a three course meal on a hot day that doesn't mean it's wrong or not a value. It's you're opinion and last time I checked you're not an authority on Bermuda or Coco Reef Resort.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything just merely wondering why if you have no personal knowledge of coco reef resort what you're even doing in this discussion....well other than to look down on those who are interested in booking a day at "a lesser beach"

Edited by sarahc78

I'm not defensive at all I'm just merely trying to understand why just because *you personally* don't think it's worth the money or it's not your preference to want to have a three course meal on a hot day that doesn't mean it's wrong or not a value. It's you're opinion and last time I checked you're not an authority on Bermuda or Coco Reef Resort.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything just merely wondering why if you have no personal knowledge of coco reef resort what you're even doing in this discussion....well other than to look down on those who are interested in booking a day at "a lesser beach"

It is easy to understand. This thread was started about them raising the price and Coco Reef not being a great value anymore at $69. The thread is on the Bermuda port board. I have been there on about a dozen cruises and was planning a cruise I just completed when the thread started. I am commenting on a subject I have knowledge of. And also expressing my opinion that it is a poor value.

If you don't want to have a discussion about that why are YOU posting in a discussion thread about Coco Reef raising the price? It seems you don't want to read an opinion that disagrees with your opinion.

Edited by Charles4515

IMHO -- it's still a good bargain, when you consider what's included in the day pass:

-- private beach, with umbrellas, lounge chairs, and towels included;

-- bathrooms, with shower/changing facilities;

-- use of Coco Reef's beautiful pool (if you don't like the beach);

-- a very nice lunch, with a glass of wine included.

Bermuda is a pricey place -- you can spend nearly that much $$ on lunch alone!

I agree! We booked for Oct. 15, 2015. I'm not into crowded beaches but I love the water. My sister is more of a pool person so it works for us. The view looks beautiful! :)