"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Jan. 23, 2015

Radio

Rough seas indeed...the low you sailed through is forecasted to bring a foot of snow from NJ, Philly, all the way to Boston tomorrow. You should be happy you are on your way south to the warm weather!

Loving this report...keep the pics coming! Those of us stuck in the cold need them!! Ha! ��

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Um, no. The low they sailed through was the storm that came through a couple of days ago. The storm that will cause the blizzard in the NE, hasn't even formed yet. It's a clipper coming through the mid-atlantic and will form a new low that will become the nor'easter/blizzard.

We sailed back to Baltimore in March of last year following three separate lows that brought snow to the mid-atlantic and we had 30+ foot seas for over 12 hours on our next to last sea day. Those lows can cause widespread heavy seas.

Edited by BND

On our last 3 cruises on RCL we only had to check out our towels if we were bringing them off the ship. At the pool we were given as many as we wanted.

Quick tip. If you need a towel for a port visit, grab one the night before and carry it off. You don't need to check it in and out and can just drop it on the pool deck when you return.

Um, no. The low they sailed through was the storm that came through a couple of days ago. The storm that will cause the blizzard in the NE, hasn't even formed yet. It's a clipper coming through the mid-atlantic and will form a new low that will become the nor'easter/blizzard.

We sailed back to Baltimore in March of last year following three separate lows that brought snow to the mid-atlantic and we had 30+ foot seas for over 12 hours on our next to last sea day. Those lows can cause widespread heavy seas.

Um, no

Um, no

Whatever. The storm the Quantum went through is well out to sea and is not the Low that will bring the blizzard.

Becciboo, those posts were weirdly squished.:eek:

Edited by BND

Hello everyone. . . The sun is out in full today. North Star has opened, as well as FlowRider, and RipCord. The main pool s still covered, but the indoor pool is open and getting some use. There are lots of passengers sunning, and it feels good to be getting warmer every hour.

The Cabin Crawl was very good, and it was very nice for all of the hosts to allow their cabin to be viewed by the Roll Call group. It was nice to see some cabins that I would like to book one day. 138East arranged the event and much thanks should go with her, as there was some time consumed in making sure it went well.

I may have to watch a news program, but here are a few pics from this afternoon.

Radio

I love blue skies, and blue seas . . .

C14.jpg

There is a long line to get on NorthStar

C17.jpg

She wasn't moving side to side, but straight up and down. . . (Maybe the

winds are causing the decision. )

C23.jpg

FlowRider did not have a line today.

C21.jpg

The H2O Zone attracted passengers.

C19.jpg

The indoor pool was the place to go today.

C25.jpg

Not sure how many people you have booked in your cabin but 6614 is listed to hold up to 4 people while 6290 and 6170 both can hold 2.

Both 6290 and 6170 do have larger balconies and only have a 50% obstruction which means the lifeboat that comes almost up to railing height is there but you do not have the davit that goes all the way to the ceiling interfering with your view.

I had 6290 booked but changed it based on people complaining about the noise from Jamie's kitchen that is below it.

I would switch to 6170.

Thanks Ken, I am going to change my cabin and I think I will take cabin 6170, so what cabin did you change from 6290 to? also 6170 is closs to the elevator:eek::cool:

Carol:)

Hmmm.... the Capt we saw on the maiden sure looked like Capt Ban - maybe he was just the PR front end for RCI on the sailing.:cool:

it's confusing, both were on and my source claims Dahlgren was the official captain but my friend could have been confused and Ban was the official master with her friend Dahlgren behind the scenes. :) It doesn't matter now.

Hello everyone. . . I have had my first meal for Dynamic Dining tonight. I was wrong when I said it was American Icon this afternoon. . .Ooops that is later in the cruise. Tonight I had dinner at Grande on Deck 3 (AFT) When I walked up there was no one in line and I was seated immediately. I had the Broiled Lobster and it was very tasty.

When the waiter arrived with the order, he suggested that I would like it so much that he brought out 2 of them. No worries. . . I consumed both of them. There was a small error in that several friend were to dine with me and some of the tablets did not have the reservation. . .But other tablets had it. It seems that RCI may need some IT work to make sure that the tabs all speak the same language.

The food was prepared well, and tasted very good. I was pleased with dessert too. I couldn't make up my mind so I was brought both desserts. (Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, and Key Lime Tart)

We have about 650 nm until we get to St Thomas, and the weather feels much warmer already. We are north of the Turks and Caicos and the seas feel very calm tonight.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Quantum of the Seas Sail Away from Cape Liberty

[YOUTUBE]A51Crpc69eU[/YOUTUBE]

Our current Location

MAP4.jpg

Edited by Radio

Hello everyone. . . I have had my first meal for Dynamic Dining tonight. I was wrong when I said it was American Icon this afternoon. . .Ooops that is later in the cruise. Tonight I had dinner at Grande on Deck 3 (AFT) When I walked up there was no one in line and I was seated immediately. I had the Broiled Lobster and it was very tasty.

When the waiter arrived with the order, he suggested that I would like it so much that he brought out 2 of them. No worries. . . I consumed both of them. There was a small error in that several friend were to dine with me and some of the tablets did not have the reservation. . .But other tablets had it. It seems that RCI may need some IT work to make sure that the tabs all speak the same language.

The food was prepared well, and tasted very good. I was pleased with dessert too. I couldn't make up my mind so I was brought both desserts. (Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, and Key Lime Tart)

We have about 650 nm until we get to St Thomas, and the weather feels much warmer already. We are north of the Turks and Caicos and the seas feel very calm tonight.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Quantum of the Seas Sail Away from Cape Liberty

[YOUTUBE]A51Crpc69eU[/YOUTUBE]

Our current Location

MAP4.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do the review. Great reading about the progress that they have made with DD.

We needed 2 cabins so we just moved to starboard and took 6590 and 6592.

Ken, I see you will be on for Christmas, we are on for the first one out of NJ Nov 10th and it is a good price for a 12 day cruise on a new ship and we have not been to all the ports yet:cool:

We did the 8 day Maiden Voyage from Southampton to NJ on the Quantum;)

Carol:)

Radio, I recall someone mentioning that Quantum pulled away from pier and turned left toward Manhattan, then turned around and headed to sea. I just thought it was a minor deviation due to traffic perhaps. But now looking at your video and following up on marine traffic tracking it was not a slight deviation. Quantum want up channel all the way to the Freedom Tower, turned around and then sailed out to sea. This is not the normal pattern for ships sailing from Cape Liberty. Can you tell me why??? Wanted to give pax view of Manhattan??? Was doing a parade function for some dignitaries??? Wanted to check out a mechanical operation before heading to sea??? I can think of no other reasoning. I figure if anyone would know or be able to find out would be you!

attachment.php?attachmentid=338077&stc=1&d=1422269456

367295231_wrongwaycaptai.jpg.b91529b166caa837df149da77b9b9305.jpg