Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, buffalobob716 said:

Skier, you appear to be the expert on room questions. I am booked in room #14237 on the Seaside in a couple weeks. Some maps show this as a regular balcony room, and some show it bigger than others. Do you happen to know if it is in fact larger?

Screenshot_20190113-195509_Chrome.jpg

I've been looking at this and am having trouble getting to the bottom it

from the deck plans there appear to be the two larger cabins, each 50% bigger than a standard cabin. So these 2 cabins would be in the place of 3 standard cabins.

notice it's not the same on the starboard side.

If I look carefully at exterior images there appear to be the same number of cabins on both sides, which would lead me to believe that the "H" cabin doesn't exist. It may have been put in at the planning stage and the deck plans drawn at that time, but at some point during the build it was reverted back to 3 standard cabins.

non of he other decks have an "H" cabin  at this point,, That would be the norm as they usually stack these cabins through the decks.

Anyway here are some images for you see what I mean        

THE SITE IS BLOCKING FROM POSTING THE

IMAGES

Edited by Skier52

Here is the deck plan and clearly there are less cabins on the port side

total%20balconies%201.jpg

The port side view with the same number of cabins on all decks and there doesn't appear to be an H cabin on deck 14 and there are the same number of cabins as the starboard side

total%20balconies%203.jpg

the starboard side

total%20balconies%204.jpg

I'm sorry I can't give a definitive answer to your question

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks skier52. I did some searching on facebook and found this picture of the room. It looks like it is larger, not sure if it is 50% bigger, but definately bigger. I wonder what is going on with these balconies though. Maybe the room next to us has two balconies?

35284218_10212370176350120_3593259984470671360_n.jpg

There are Bella OV cabins on both decks 5 & 8.  The cabins on deck 5 will not have obsruction, as the lifeboats are two decks above them.  Those on deck 8 will have the lifeboats one deck below, so you might look out across the tops of the tenders, but not see as much of the other lifeboats.  Suggest you go to https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/MSC-Meraviglia and study the deck plans...EM

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/MSC-Bellissima

Edited by Essiesmom

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, cruisequeenbella said:

Hi booked on Splendida round Dubai next week got 3cabins close together numbers 11173, 11175,&11177 are these cabins in a decent part of the ship and size wise are they nice cabins. Thank you for any information. 

The cabins are in the forward recess and close to the hump wall, so will have limited views backwards.

They will be affected by the overhang from deck 14. as you can see the shadow in the second image below

They are standard size cabins so nothing to worry about on size

They are close to the central bank of lifts which gives you easy access to the main parts of the guest spaces 

They have cabins above , below and to either side but are opposite "white space" on the deck plan. This could be anything from linen storage cupboards to crew access to their stairwells . so there may be some noise issues from that area. on the other hand there could be no noise at all.

Personally I prefer not to be in any cabin in a recessed area, but, if I am in a recess I would have  a cabin at least 6 from the hump wall.

They are not bad cabins by any stretch of the imagination but there are much better situated cabins on the ship, eg those on the rear hump an those on the front hump with a plexiglass boundary fence and my personal favourite those on the aft decks

10 and 11.

Where your cabins are close to the hump wall

SPLENDIDA.%202jpg.jpg

What the affect of the overhang is like , you can see the shadow on decks 11, 12 and 138125.jpg

this is a view of the overhang from deck 1

overhang%203.jpg

Hope this is of use to you

pete

@Skier52 How do you find all this info?  I've been looking for photos of Divina 8014. I know it's an in-hull balcony. I was upgraded to it from an inside, so I'm thrilled.  I had one of these in-hull balconies on Epic. The balcony was very deep and offered shelter from the wind and weather. 

What can I expect from Divina?

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

@Skier52 How do you find all this info?  I've been looking for photos of Divina 8014. I know it's an in-hull balcony. I was upgraded to it from an inside, so I'm thrilled.  I had one of these in-hull balconies on Epic. The balcony was very deep and offered shelter from the wind and weather. 

What can I expect from Divina?

Thanks!

This is what you can expect from an in-hull balcony

deck%208%20steel%20balvony%208011.jpg

Pete

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sweet Dreams said:

Is there any way to determine in a fantastica balcony on seaside if bed is next to balcony or next to closet? Thanks 

I have no knowledge of getting the answer, although I have seen posts on this site which say you can work it out

Pete

Edited by Skier52

19 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

This is what you can expect from an in-hull balcony

deck%208%20steel%20balvony%208011.jpg

Pete

That's much more open than the one on Epic.  Not nearly as deep but more open. Here's a shot of the one I had on NCL. You can just barely see the arms of the chairs in the foreground.

20190201_205552.jpg

20190201_072249.jpg

20190126_200610.jpg

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

Any views on the angled Aurea cabins on deck 13 or 14 on MSC meraviglia, are they too shaded or noisy from pool deck in respect if deck 14?

I assume you mean a cabin on deck 14 and not that the  pool is on deck 14 (it is on deck 15)

I would expect any cabin immediately below a pool to suffer from noise

judge for yourself about h how shady the cabins are

they are circled in red

meraviglia%20112.jpg

Edited by Skier52

• 2 months later...

@Skier52 Could you please tell me if cabin 13256, 13269 in the aft and 12005-12013 in the front of the ship on the Seaside have a full or partial clear or metal balcony?  Would you know if there is a lot of foot traffic by the lift at the end of the ship near these cabins as well?

Hi Pete.  I was interested in information on room 13250 on the Meraviglia.  What do you think of this room and any pros or cons?  We are 11 months out and can switch it up if needed but I like the angled balcony (I think) unless you see any downside.

Thanks Pete.  You are a tremendous resource that I truly appreciate.

20 hours ago, duegwb said:

@Skier52 Could you please tell me if cabin 13256, 13269 in the aft and 12005-12013 in the front of the ship on the Seaside have a full or partial clear or metal balcony?  Would you know if there is a lot of foot traffic by the lift at the end of the ship near these cabins as well?

13269 and 13256 have a part metal part plexiglass balustrade

12005 - 12013 all have full metal balustrades

given the small number of cabins further away from the lifts/stairs I would not expect there to be heavy footfall past those cabin named.

9 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Hi Pete.  I was interested in information on room 13250 on the Meraviglia.  What do you think of this room and any pros or cons?  We are 11 months out and can switch it up if needed but I like the angled balcony (I think) unless you see any downside.

Thanks Pete.  You are a tremendous resource that I truly appreciate.

PROS:-

!)  A larger than standard balcony

2) close to a set of lifts but not so close as noise from the lift mechanism is likely to be an issue****

CONS:-

1)  the balcony will only have  a 90 degree field of view with no view forward and

2) it will be in a very shaded area of the ship as it is quite badly affected by the deck 15 overhang (see images)

3) it has two walls that are next to the corridor so may be subject to a lot of footfall/voices noise from guests using the lifts****    

4) between the cabin and the lifts just across the corridor is a "WHITE " space this may be a source of noise or be entirely innocuous

**** noise can be subjective so i've put it down in both the pros and cons

given these pros /cons and the fact that I don't like direct sunlight on me and I do like larger balconies I wouldn't say no to having this cabin and take a chance on the possible noise issues, but it wouldn't be on my first or second choice lists.

balcony13250 outlined in red

mraviglia%2013250.jpg

you can see how the overhang shadow affects the recessed areas in this image

meraviglia-13250%202.jpg

Edited by Skier52

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grapta said:

Hi,

Could you give advice on cabin 8208 on Meraviglia, I know is a bigger balcony, but is the view too obstructed?

Hi,

Can you compare 8208 and 8148 on Meraviglia , which one is better located?