Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

1 hour ago, allmotormark said:

Hi looking for info on msc fantasia room 8136, 8132. Concerned I guess about the lifeboats and such. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

There are lifeboats that will limit your view.

if you had thought about making the balconies link you will be disappointed as they are not next door to each other.

there is 8134 in between

This is where your cabins are located as seen from the outside of the ship 

fantasia%208136.jpg

I hope this helps

Pete

2 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

There are lifeboats that will limit your view.

if you had thought about making the balconies link you will be disappointed as they are not next door to each other.

there is 8134 in between

This is where your cabins are located as seen from the outside of the ship 

fantasia%208136.jpg

I hope this helps

Pete

Thanks Pete, one more question to the left of the 8136 what is the white? Seems to go up the ship every deck? Also anything else i should have issue with? Should be just normal balcony? Correct? 

1 hour ago, allmotormark said:

Thanks Pete, one more question to the left of the 8136 what is the white? Seems to go up the ship every deck? Also anything else i should have issue with? Should be just normal balcony? Correct? 

Nothing to worry about, they are the Special Needs cabins which are 50% wider but have the same size balcony doors, so the white is  extra wall required for those cabins. They are designated "H" on deck plans. They have wider balconies as well.

here is an image of an H balcony and you can clearly see the extra white wall

balconyHcabin.jpg

Hi Pete - 

I'm in 13342 on the Meraviglia. It and 13245, 14213 and 14256 are aft facing, but look to have a small balcony - and may even be slightly enclosed ... I've tried enlarging photos, but still can't figure out the balcony size/shape.

Any insights?

TIA ....

7 hours ago, Canadian Scarlett said:

I am looking at booking a Bella balcony on the Seaside.  There are a couple of cabins on deck 11 at the back, near the front and back and hump on deck 10.  What would be more favourable?  Any information?

Looking at the deck plans you can see that all the Bella cabins on the front or back of deck 10 and the rear of deck 11

are metal or metal/glass balustrades as shown on the key to the deck plans

The grey infill of the metal balconies is very hard to see, a trick by MSC to disguise the,m

The relevant part of the key

seasie%20key.jpg

THE RELEVENT PARTS OF THE DECK PLAN

DECK 10 FRONT all the Bella cabins are marked as metal balconies 10004 to 10029

seside%20front%20deck%2010.jpg

DECK 10 REAR

CABINS 10260; 10262; 10269;10271

all marked as metal balconies

seaside%20rear%20deck%2010.jpg

DECK 11 REAR

cabins 11260; 11269 are partial metal

cabins 11258; 11262; 11267; 11271 are metal

seaside%20rer%20deck%2011.png

here is an outside view of the ship with the relevant areas highlighted

seaside.jpg

so IMHO I would go for a cabin on the hump and avoid having a metal balcony

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lookn4Sun said:

Hi Pete - 

I'm in 13342 on the Meraviglia. It and 13245, 14213 and 14256 are aft facing, but look to have a small balcony - and may even be slightly enclosed ... I've tried enlarging photos, but still can't figure out the balcony size/shape.

Any insights?

TIA ....

try this link

Hi

You kindly gave us information on ours and our friend's cabin selection on Preziosa (9230/9232) which was fine and we were happy with, but MSC  have now changed our cabins to 13043 & 13028 - apparently this is a upgrade as these are Aurea cabins (although we don't know if we will get the Aurea benefits - we are currently Fantastica).  We are a little concerned as these cabins are nearer to the front of the ship and as they are on the 13th deck will there be an overhang blocking out any sunshine or any overhead noise?

I should be grateful if you could let me know if this is the case.

Many thanks

Hi Pete!  I really appreciate all the cabin info you provide to others.  I was hoping you could now help me out.  We are sailing on the Meraviglia next year and want an aft balcony cabin.  Every diagram I see online looks like the 13th level aft balconies are smaller (don't extend out as far) as the balconies on the the 10th, 11th, or 12th levels and may be smaller.  Can you confirm whether or not this is the case please?  Also, the balcony for cabin 13253 looks to be larger than its neighbor 13255, is it a bit wider?  Here is the list of cabins I am looking at booking, any pros or cons on them would be very appreciated.....

13249, 13253, 13255, 12263, 12350, 12342, 11265, 11380

Thank you so much!

Mark

datio

14 hours ago, WindyCityMark said:

Hi Pete!  I really appreciate all the cabin info you provide to others.  I was hoping you could now help me out.  We are sailing on the Meraviglia next year and want an aft balcony cabin.  Every diagram I see online looks like the 13th level aft balconies are smaller (don't extend out as far) as the balconies on the the 10th, 11th, or 12th levels and may be smaller.  Can you confirm whether or not this is the case please?  Also, the balcony for cabin 13253 looks to be larger than its neighbor 13255, is it a bit wider?  Here is the list of cabins I am looking at booking, any pros or cons on them would be very appreciated.....

13249, 13253, 13255, 12263, 12350, 12342, 11265, 11380

Thank you so much!

Mark

I ve been able to get info on cabins 13253 and 13255..

13253 is part of a family complex and indeed does have a larger balcony

I wonder whether it is only available to guests who are making a family booking

here is the info

meraviglia%2013255.jpg

meraviglia%2013253b.jpg

meraviglia%2013253a.jpg

I haven't been able to  get any info ,of the same kind, on any other cabin you mention 

I'll try again a bit later for more info for you

pete

Speaking of aft cabins on Meraviglia, center aft cabin 12352 appears a bit narrower than its two neighbors on the deck plans.  Could this actually be correct?  Center aft cabins on other decks appear a bit narrower as  well.  Are individual cabin dimensions published anywhere?

2 hours ago, neptuno said:

Speaking of aft cabins on Meraviglia, center aft cabin 12352 appears a bit narrower than its two neighbors on the deck plans.  Could this actually be correct?  Center aft cabins on other decks appear a bit narrower as  well.  Are individual cabin dimensions published anywhere?

This correct as the aft cabins have family complexes on them and these have different size and width cabins , so the balconies are different widths as well /

I don't know anywhere that quotes all the cabin dimensions but look at the post above yours to see how the balcony sizes are on deck 13

Yours choice would be similar

6 hours ago, Skier52 said:

datio

I ve been able to get info on cabins 13253 and 13255..

13253 is part of a family complex and indeed does have a larger balcony

I wonder whether it is only available to guests who are making a family booking

here is the info

meraviglia%2013255.jpg

meraviglia%2013253b.jpg

meraviglia%2013253a.jpg

I haven't been able to  get any info ,of the same kind, on any other cabin you mention 

I'll try again a bit later for more info for you

pete

Pete, thanks for the quick reply.  What do you think about the balconies on the 13th level vs. the 12th and 11th levels?  Looking at the diagrams, it looks as though the balconies don't extend as far out on the 13th level.  Thanks again - Mark

616128756_Deck11.png.f260d842fb59b272c0ba87b950326b61.png1875532684_Deck12.png.a26283c8cb7b2bc6419cff6ebebc164b.png823294422_Deck13.png.c4adaf1ea628725ef0d0a7f5dde39e6c.png

14 hours ago, WindyCityMark said:

Pete, thanks for the quick reply.  What do you think about the balconies on the 13th level vs. the 12th and 11th levels?  Looking at the diagrams, it looks as though the balconies don't extend as far out on the 13th level.  Thanks again - Mark

616128756_Deck11.png.f260d842fb59b272c0ba87b950326b61.png1875532684_Deck12.png.a26283c8cb7b2bc6419cff6ebebc164b.png823294422_Deck13.png.c4adaf1ea628725ef0d0a7f5dde39e6c.png

Here is an image of the stern and if you look carefully at the profiles of the balcony dividers you  get a good  idea of the balcony depths/ I would say the  balconies get  progressively shallower as you go up through the decks

. As a generality deck plans are usually pretty much to scale and so you can have a modicum of faith in the type of asumtion you make

Pete

meravig.jpg

Pete, thanks for all the great info.  With your help I have booked an aft balcony room.  Just as a sidenote, I called MSC today before I booked and asked if the balconies on the higher decks did not extend out as far as those on the lower and was told that they are all the same depth and that it is just a graphic issue on the diagrams.  Hope this is true!  Thanks again for all the help and info, it really is greatly appreciated!

Mark

1 hour ago, monza said:

Hi Pete, do you have any information on Cabin 10346 on Meraviglia, cabin pictures or balcony pics and details? Are the elevators and or stairs nearby for crew only or guests?

\\the cabin is nicely situated on the corner of a hump and so will have uninterrupted views in all directions

The lifts close by are for guest use and a s such could give rise to a modicum of noise from unthoughtful guests but that is true of anywhere on the ship

here is a floor plan of that type of cabin

and also a link to a video of this type of cabin

meraviglia%2010346.jpg

Edited by Skier52

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, cruisingnewtoit said:

Hello

I'm booked in cabin 14003 on the Meraviglia. The selection of YC was limited. Any issues with this cabin? I'm especially concerned with the Balcony.

Any information provided is much appreciated.

I don't see any issues with this cabin. the balcony will be a standard YC 2 balcony. it will have a good view into the flying bridge which can be interesting when maneuvering in port.

I've included a foot print of  this type of cabin. I think you will be just fine I this cabin and have  a very enjoyable cruise.

meraviglia%2014003.jpg 

I certainly enjoyed my cruise in the Meraviglia YC...... link to my review

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Pete

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skier52 said:

I don't see any issues with this cabin. the balcony will be a standard YC 2 balcony. it will have a good view into the flying bridge which can be interesting when maneuvering in port.

I've included a foot print of  this type of cabin. I think you will be just fine I this cabin and have  a very enjoyable cruise.

meraviglia%2014003.jpg 

I certainly enjoyed my cruise in the Meraviglia YC...... link to my review

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Pete

Thank you I appreciate the info. I saw some YT videos where YC pax were surprised with the set up of their balcony on MSC.