Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, titanic27 said:

Hello would you have info of MSC Musica 10236 how big of a balcony, it our first MSC cruise.

Thank you

The best I can do is give you a deck plan for the stern, decks 8 to 11, and point out that deck 10 has the largest balconies on the stern.

from information I have this would suggest a balcony size of 50 sq ft , which is the standard size for a balcony on this ship.

it may well be that the balcony is slightly bigger than that, it certainly won't be smaller.

hope this info is OK for you as I have no other info to hand

musica%2010236%20c.jpg

Pete

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, chescocruisers said:

Hi Pete,

We are booked on Divina in Cabin 10279 for February 7 sailing

We are also looking at Magnifica for next winter. Looking at Cabin 10103 or 11089. Just wanted you opinion on these cabins.

Thank you so much.

You have IMHO  a brilliant cabin on Divina with a large balcony 118sq. ft.( standard size is 42 sq. ft.)

A deck 10 aft balcony

divinaaftbalcoy.jpg&key=24c3ac6d35a61fde

On Magnifica the cabin 10103 is directly opposite a stairwell , I'm not sure if it is a crew only or a passenger stairwell. In either case it could be a source of disturbing noise.

11089 is near the hump wall . 6 cabins away, which is just abut the nearest I would want to be so as not to limit the field of view to an unacceptable level. My choice would be the deck 11 cabin 11089.

hope this helps 

Pete

Hi Pete ... do you know if the Aurea balcony cabins on Musica-class ships have sofas?  I'm specifically referring to the ones that don't indicate a sofa BED in them (sans triangles, squares, etc).  I'm looking to book one using the Summer 2020 deck plans for Musica and the only ones open to book for 2 people are on decks 12 and 14.  The cabins are big enough to accommodate a sofa;  they may just not be pull-out ones:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Assets/MSC_Musica_S20.pdf

19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Pete ... do you know if the Aurea balcony cabins on Musica-class ships have sofas?  I'm specifically referring to the ones that don't indicate a sofa BED in them (sans triangles, squares, etc).  I'm looking to book one using the Summer 2020 deck plans for Musica and the only ones open to book for 2 people are on decks 12 and 14.  The cabins are big enough to accommodate a sofa;  they may just not be pull-out ones:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Assets/MSC_Musica_S20.pdf

I suspect the reason that Aurea cabins are only bookable on decks 12 and 14 is because regional offices haven't been told to use the new deck plans and are still using the current ones which only have Aurea cabins, not suites. on decks 12 and 14.

Deck 15 has the suites

As for whether the Aurea cabins have sofas I really don't know. I suspect they will have either a sofa or sofa bed in all the Aurea accommodation.

1 minute ago, Skier52 said:

I suspect the reason that Aurea cabins are only bookable on decks 12 and 14 is because regional offices haven't been told to use the new deck plans and are still using the current ones which only have Aurea cabins, not suites. on decks 12 and 14.

Deck 15 has the suites

As for whether the Aurea cabins have sofas I really don't know. I suspect they will have either a sofa or sofa bed in all the Aurea accommodation.

The rep I was dealing with was using the 2020 deck plan.  The suites aren't open for booking (yet) and the Aurea cabins that indicate a sofa bed only opened up when the rep inputted more than 2 occupants for the booking.

I have a feeling that there are sofas in the Aurea cabins;  they're just not sofa beds so there's no icon indicators for same.  We're sailing Musica next May;  I might wait 'til then and check out the cabins (when they're being made up in the mornings) before booking.

Thanks, Pete!

Hi Pete,

What would you pick if you could choose room 13250 or 13245 on Meraviglia.  13245 deck looks kind of small and I know that 13250 is huge.  I have never been in an aft cabin but would like a nice balcony.  Also any idea on whether the balcony on 13245 would mostly be sunny (any overhang) and if it can be viewed from above?

Thanks so much.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:27 AM, Skier52 said:

Here is an image of the stern and if you look carefully at the profiles of the balcony dividers you  get a good  idea of the balcony depths/ I would say the  balconies get  progressively shallower as you go up through the decks

. As a generality deck plans are usually pretty much to scale and so you can have a modicum of faith in the type of asumtion you make

Pete

meravig.jpg

Hello Skier52.  Can you please give me info on Cabin #9128 on the Divina?  It is a B2 Balcony Fantasia.  Does it have an obstructed view?  What is the size or cabin and balcony?  Thanks!

Renee'

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:45 AM, familyoutdoors said:

Very interesting thread. This will be our first trip on MSC on the Davina. Can you PLEASE give me any info on 9252. It looks like a pretty good location to me! TIA

It is standard balcony cabin 192 sq ft ( living area 168; bathroom 24).balcony 42 sq ft. As it is on the rear hump it has uninterrupted views and is not affected by the overhang.

it Is in a good location so you should have no worries other than nearly a  quarter mile hike to the theatre. but it is going to be a long walk from any cabin to somewhere on the ship just because of the sheer size of it

pete

2 hours ago, Skier52 said:

It is standard balcony cabin 192 sq ft ( living area 168; bathroom 24).balcony 42 sq ft. As it is on the rear hump it has uninterrupted views and is not affected by the overhang.

it Is in a good location so you should have no worries other than nearly a  quarter mile hike to the theatre. but it is going to be a long walk from any cabin to somewhere on the ship just because of the sheer size of it

pete

Thank you Pete,

I guess I won't have any problems getting my daily steps!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, Rob-Bob said:

Hi Pete,

What would you pick if you could choose room 13250 or 13245 on Meraviglia.  13245 deck looks kind of small and I know that 13250 is huge.  I have never been in an aft cabin but would like a nice balcony.  Also any idea on whether the balcony on 13245 would mostly be sunny (any overhang) and if it can be viewed from above?

Thanks so much.

sorry for the delay but i had  major crash on my PC and have had to build the windows system again from scratch

Personally I would have the cabin with the larger balcony although it will be badly affected by the overhang but there again I don't like direct sun and much prefer shade;

13245 also is overhung by the buffet on deck 15 but it can't be viewed from above 

pete

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, Lvtochat28 said:

Hello Skier52.  Can you please give me info on Cabin #9128 on the Divina?  It is a B2 Balcony Fantasia.  Does it have an obstructed view?  What is the size or cabin and balcony?  Thanks!

Renee'

sorry for the delay but i had  major crash on my PC and have had to build the windows system again from scratch

9128 is a standard balcony cabin of 192 sq. ft. (living 164; bathroom 24); balcony 42 sq. ft.

it is not obstructed but has  a slight limitation to its field of view as it is in the recessed area

pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete - I don't know if you will be able to help with this enquiry.  (As we know, we get answers quicker/more accurately here than via Customer Services!). 

We were recently on the Grandiosa for the inaugural - very disappointing that for the short cruise we got absolutely no memorabilia for being amongst the first passengers.  I digress!!  For the first time in ages, we were in an inside bella and noticed that the TV did not air any outside images.  (When you are in an inside it quite good to have a view of the world, so to speak, without going outside).  We are booked an inside bella for the Virtuosa  at Christmas next year but can't change cabins as the price has gone up considerably and am starting to fret.

Hope someone has information!!

ps.  Hi again, Beamafar!!

11 hours ago, panamapd said:

Hi Pete - I don't know if you will be able to help with this enquiry.  (As we know, we get answers quicker/more accurately here than via Customer Services!). 

We were recently on the Grandiosa for the inaugural - very disappointing that for the short cruise we got absolutely no memorabilia for being amongst the first passengers.  I digress!!  For the first time in ages, we were in an inside bella and noticed that the TV did not air any outside images.  (When you are in an inside it quite good to have a view of the world, so to speak, without going outside).  We are booked an inside bella for the Virtuosa  at Christmas next year but can't change cabins as the price has gone up considerably and am starting to fret.

Hope someone has information!!

ps.  Hi again, Beamafar!!

I'm not sure what the question is

pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete, I understand your the one to go to about cabins. Do you know anything about cabin 9003 on the Armonia? Different info from different sites. Even MSC has given my conflicting info. One place it is listed as Aurea Ocean View and one as an Aurea Balcony. Can't be both.

Thanks

dcl

2 hours ago, Barcelona17 said:

Pete, I understand your the one to go to about cabins. Do you know anything about cabin 9003 on the Armonia? Different info from different sites. Even MSC has given my conflicting info. One place it is listed as Aurea Ocean View and one as an Aurea Balcony. Can't be both.

Thanks

dcl

1 hour ago, Barcelona17 said:

Sorry for the bother. Got the answer. It is a family ocean view. Makes sense now.

dcl

this is how I would arrive (in your case) at the information. by using a deck plan in conjunction with an external image.

It is obviously an Ocean View cabin as you quite rightly say

armonia%209003.jpg

armonia%203.jpg

Edited by Skier52

2 hours ago, Barcelona17 said:

Sorry for the bother. Got the answer. It is a family ocean view. Makes sense now.

dcl

the deck plan in the post immediately above comes from the UK MSC web site and is obviously wrong in that it indicates a Fantastica experience

However I have access to a deck plans site which shows the cabin as an Aurea experience, which from knowledge gained by cruising on Opera, Lirica and Sinfonia I know that this cabin used to be a Grade 10, which was the second best grade available. and is marked as an FC (family cabin) in the 2011/12 brochure, So it is logical that it would be designated Aurea 

armonia%204.jpg

armonia%205.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2019 at 3:34 AM, Skier52 said:

the deck plan in the post immediately above comes from the UK MSC web site and is obviously wrong in that it indicates a Fantastica experience

However I have access to a deck plans site which shows the cabin as an Aurea experience, which from knowledge gained by cruising on Opera, Lirica and Sinfonia I know that this cabin used to be a Grade 10, which was the second best grade available. and is marked as an FC (family cabin) in the 2011/12 brochure, So it is logical that it would be designated Aurea 

armonia%204.jpg

armonia%205.jpg

We are travelling in this cabin on the Armonia I. April but have struggled to see where the pull down beds are? We are two adults and two children and didn't really want the sofa bed out at all times if that makes sense, are there any pics of the cabin at all as I have struggled to find anything on the good old internet x

Skier 52 - Do you have any insight on what decks would be best on the Meraviglia?  Specifically, we don't want shade on our balcony from an overhang and we like the biggest balcony possible.  We have cruised twice on the Divina in the aft balconies and loved them.  That doesn't seem to be an option on our Meraviglia cruise so we have booked 10238, a fantastica balcony. they look bigger than the Aurea balconies.  What do you think?

14 hours ago, Maysel said:

Skier 52 - Do you have any insight on what decks would be best on the Meraviglia?  Specifically, we don't want shade on our balcony from an overhang and we like the biggest balcony possible.  We have cruised twice on the Divina in the aft balconies and loved them.  That doesn't seem to be an option on our Meraviglia cruise so we have booked 10238, a fantastica balcony. they look bigger than the Aurea balconies.  What do you think?

To avoid shade from the overhang it is best to be on a hump, which is where 10238 is. However it only has a standard balcony of 44 sq. ft. To get the biggest balcony possible you need to look at cabins that are next to the hump wall eg  10178 / 10278 BUT, these have a problem in that they only have a 90 degree field of view and will be shaded on occasions by the hump wall.

For an even bigger balcony you could enquire about booking an 'H' cabin eg 10083 / 10110 again these are next to a hump wall. These cabins are not always available for booking well in advance as they are reserved for special needs guests., and , if you do manage to book one you are at risk of being bumped out if a special needs guest requires it. They also have  different fixtures and fittings tp accommodate special needs and some  find them  inconvenient.

I don't  believe the Aurea balconies are smaller than the Fantasica balconies.

Finally I keep my eyes and ears open and visit the MSCV web site and do a dummy booking on a very regular basis just in case an Aft balcony becomes available.

I hope this  answers some of your thoughts..

Pete