Freedom vs navigator

spankym13

Looking at both ships in sept. They have the same stops except freedom has labadee and leaves orlando,fl. And navigator has 1 extra sea day (IN PLACE OF LABADEE) leaving out of TX. My cost with airfare is around $1,000 less on Navigator. Is it wort the extra to go freedom? Itd be our first RCI cruise.

Looking at both ships in sept. They have the same stops except freedom has labadee and leaves orlando,fl. And navigator has 1 extra sea day (IN PLACE OF LABADEE) leaving out of TX. My cost with airfare is around $1,000 less on Navigator. Is it wort the extra to go freedom? Itd be our first RCI cruise.

If you have small children that might enjoy the H2O zone and Dreamworks characters on Freedom, that might make a difference to you. Otherwise the ships are very similar now.

I've been on both ships now and they are a lot alike in my opinion.

Navigator is a bit smaller overall, the promenade is shorter (doesn't have a Sorrentos, Cupcake Shop and maybe one or two fewer shops), there is no Dreamworks characters and no H2O/splash zone.

Both ships now have parades and flow riders and the other amenities are very similar.

As long as you don't have small children I would save the money and go on Navigator, just make sure you budget for ground transportation. Getting from Houston to Galveston isn't cheap and there aren't a ton of options.

Great thank you for the advice even Orlando is very expensive to get from the airport to the cruise port I just wasn't sure what things did you want to feed a and if the extra money was work one extra day at a port

Labadee is a beautiful beach day but not worth paying an extra $1000 for a cruise in my opinion.

Flights are both about the same. I leave out of CO so for the most parts thats a draw. Other then TX is $100 pp cheaper. But thats part of the $550. What is there to do on sea days

Both are about the same:

-Rock Wall

-Flow Rider

-Ice Skating

-Pools/Hot tubs

-Trivia

-Art Auctions

-Spa

-Gym

The only sea day activity that I can think of that Navigator WON'T have is the cupcake decorating class.

Are sea days worth having. Or is it better to have 1 less sea day and one more port. That seems to be our hold up lol

I feel the same way except in this case. To me going to the cruise ship island (or Gilligan's Island as my friend calls it) is the same as a sea day. Nothing of significance to see at that port, imho.

Dave

Are sea days worth having. Or is it better to have 1 less sea day and one more port. That seems to be our hold up lol

That's totally personal. I prefer more sea days because I find it more relaxing. Many would likely find that boring.

What is it about galveston that people dislike? Ive heard that alot

In my experience it is just the added "stress" of the logistics. The 45 minute+ trip from the airports to the pier. Finding a hotel, deciding where to stay (airport, Galveston or somewhere in between), ground transportation, etc.

There is just a lot of other headaches that other departure ports don't seem to have.

Is it worth the extra to go freedom? No way! 100% no brainer for me personally.... $1000

In my experience it is just the added "stress" of the logistics. The 45 minute+ trip from the airports to the pier. Finding a hotel, deciding where to stay (airport, Galveston or somewhere in between), ground transportation, etc.

There is just a lot of other headaches that other departure ports don't seem to have.

Port Canaveral is also a 45 minute trip from airport. :o

I think Galveston is a great place to spend a night before a cruise, my only problem is hotel cost seemed to be 2 or 3 times what it cost a year or 2 ago. Very hard to find a decent hotel now

Our problem was not being able to find a nice hotel that didn't require a 2 night stay on the weekend.

Port Canaveral is also a 45 minute trip from airport. :o

Some advantages of Port Canaveral over Galveston:

Multiple rental car agencies open event day (including Sundays) that accept one-way rentals with free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

Nice, reasonably priced hotels in the port area that do not require 2 night stays on the weekend.

Less chance for fog delays.

No liquor restrictions while in port.

Edited by clarea

Some advantages of Port Canaveral over Galveston:

Multiple rental car agencies open event day (including Sundays) that accept one-way rentals with free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

Nice, reasonably priced hotels in the port area that do not require 2 night stays on the weekend.

Less chance for fog delays.

No liquor restrictions while in port.

Bob, have you heard anything new about car rentals in Terminal 1?