Need advice!!!

amqjw

Hi all, my hubby and I will be cruising next april on our first cruise. We are currently trying to decide between sailing on the Carnival Paradise or Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas. Both are basically the same itinerary with 2 sea days and port of call in Cozumel. Any tips or suggestions to help us make our decision? Which has better drink options (ie payment/pre bought credit):confused::confused::confused:

1. Go with the cheaper fare

2. Do they leave from the same port? Can you save money if one port is closer to you?

3. Figure drinks are between $8-$10 each for cocktails. Do you think if you purchase the unlimited drinks package that you will save money?

4. Compare ships, read the posts on each board to see what people have to say about them.

5. Look at how long you are in port! Cozumel has some great Mayan ruins but its a trip to get to them, so the longer in port the better off if you want to see them.

6. Only you can really decide what you want to do. I am familiar with the Carnival product but not Royal Caribbean. You also might want to look into Norwegian, they have a great product as well.

Good luck, have fun and don't stress it!! :D

1. Go with the cheaper fare

2. Do they leave from the same port? Can you save money if one port is closer to you?

3. Figure drinks are between $8-$10 each for cocktails. Do you think if you purchase the unlimited drinks package that you will save money?

4. Compare ships, read the posts on each board to see what people have to say about them.

5. Look at how long you are in port! Cozumel has some great Mayan ruins but its a trip to get to them, so the longer in port the better off if you want to see them.

6. Only you can really decide what you want to do. I am familiar with the Carnival product but not Royal Caribbean. You also might want to look into Norwegian, they have a great product as well.

Good luck, have fun and don't stress it!! :D

This is great advice and the best way to decide which cruise is the best pick!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks!! I think we have decided to do RCI main reason being we can actually be on the cruise during our anniversary! It took alot of debating but I think we are gonna give RCI a try for our first cruise! thanks all for the advice!

Edited by amqjw

thanks!! I think we have decided to do RCI main reason being we can actually be on the cruise during our anniversary! It took alot of debating but I think we are gonna give RCI a try for our first cruise! thanks all for the advice!

Enjoy the Cruise! RCI are my preference however yet to try Carnival

Royal Caribbean are going to be the better choice in my opinion. They are pitched higher up in class and quality. I have never cruised on Carnival but did witness the type of service level you might experience there with hundreds of people trying to reboard in the hot Caribbean sun with no support and just one entry point. I suspect they might have been vigorously searching for illicit alcohol being sneaked back on board. I was on Princess and they had similar numbers reboarding later with more entrance points and the offer of iced face towels. Royal Caribbean were great in all respects when we cruised with them but I found our waiter a bit overbearing in trying to get us to order only his recommendations.

Regards Keith

Edited by john watson

I have sailed on both Carnival (always has best price) and Royal Caribbean. I prefer RC as the quality is much above that of Carnival. RC gives great service on board and in ports. RC was clean and dining choices and food so much better. I am cruising on RC Allure next week!:cool:

We've been on both Royal and Carnival. We are going on Brilliance for the first time in 5 days. Either cruise line is a good choice. drinks are about the same price and both have drink packages available.

You have made a good choice with Royal Caribbean. Surprise your husband and purchase some decorations for your cabin. The room steward will decorate it before you arrive. I did this for my hubby's birthday one year and he actually enjoyed it (made him leave the decorations up for the entire cruise). The room steward kept the decorations up and attached every day! You can order the decorations on the RCL website - I believe in gifts.

Enjoy your cruise and happy anniversary.

We sailed on the Brilliance of the Seas out of Dubai some years back. She was a beautiful ship, about 90,000GT as I recall.

Particularly memorable because we managed to snag the magical JS1100 cabin with the gorgeous balcony.

[YOUTUBE]H3_a4ST3K8U[/YOUTUBE]

Short video clip taken as the ship was sailing into Dubai.

[YOUTUBE]ABFDZ2T3krY[/YOUTUBE]

I put some photos here.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/09/brilliance-of-seas-royal-caribbean.html