Purchasing onboard credit in AUD how much is it in USD onboard?

pkw

I am struggling to be confident that you will get US25 for AUD25. . Right now at the official Exchange Rate of approx 80c, you would get US20 for AUD25..

Like I booked my cruise at US $6000 but had to pay over AUD $7000... Lets say you are Indonesian , you would not get US $10000 for IRP 10000, you would onlg get about US $1.

A dollar is not always a dollar. Not saying it is incorrect, just saying dont sound correct.

By the same token, if you buy Shore Excursions pre cruise, you pay in AUD $, but at a rate converted from US $ . So for a Excursion that costs say US $100 on Celebritys US site, you would pay around AUD $120. on Celebritys AUS site... If you did buy it in AUS in US $, your cedit card would convert the actual charge to AUD $ and then charge you extra 3% for the conversion

I can't even find on the Australian site where we can purchase OBC. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I found it in small print that says shop - it is under the gift section but it is really easy to phone them & order over the phone

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am struggling to be confident that you will get US25 for AUD25. . Right now at the official Exchange Rate of approx 80c, you would get US20 for AUD25..

Like I booked my cruise at US $6000 but had to pay over AUD $7000... Lets say you are Indonesian , you would not get US $10000 for IRP 10000, you would onlg get about US $1.

A dollar is not always a dollar. Not saying it is incorrect, just saying dont sound correct.

I know it is hard to believe but unless things have changed since we did it last year it is $25US for $25Aus. The official exchange rate when we did it was around 90 cents so were worried they were going to change the purchase price but it has not changed for years. When we purchased in 2010 we had to pay something like $27.80Aus for $25US but all other times it has been dollar for dollar.

Pkw and vikstar. Did you buy the cruise via Celebrity or via a TA. I found that when I booked through TA that I could not do some things direct with Celebrity such as upgrade Drink package

Hi jveevers

We always book direct with Celebrity but even with if you book with a TA you should still be able to go onto the website & buy a gift for yourself which can be onboard credit

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pkw and vikstar. Did you buy the cruise via Celebrity or via a TA. I found that when I booked through TA that I could not do some things direct with Celebrity such as upgrade Drink package

I booked my next cruise via a TA.

I purchased the OBC directly with Celebrity yesterday and late last night Celebrity sent me the invoice-Amenity Confirmation.

Edited by upwarduk

OBC is sold in US$25 units. It does not say this on the website [at least not the UK website] but that is how it is sold. However, as has already been pointed out, if you purchased your cruise US dollars, then you will have to purchase OBC in US$.

It does not matter how you purchased a cruise. OBC was originally set up for when friends or relatives wished to purchase OBC as a gift for you. Thus anyone can order it [provided you know the reservation number].