Soon to be Sailing on the Serenade

We are coming back to RC after several Carnival cruises. We will be sailing on Serenade of the Seas to Key West and The Bahamas. I have a few questions.

1. The deck plan on the RC site shows a Rita's Cantina and a Park Café, but in the reviews we've read, we haven't seen it mentioned.

2. We have a balcony cabin on deck 10 underneath the Spa. How's that for a good location?

3. What shows are to be skipped or not to be missed?

4. Is there soft serve ice cream on the ship?

5. I've never been to a cruise ship's private island. Can we count on this as a relaxing day?

6. Does anyone have a link to the menus on this particular ship?

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I am sure I will have more questions later. We've not cruised for a few years, and I am very excited!

We are coming back to RC after several Carnival cruises. We will be sailing on Serenade of the Seas to Key West and The Bahamas. I have a few questions.

1. The deck plan on the RC site shows a Rita's Cantina and a Park Café, but in the reviews we've read, we haven't seen it mentioned.

2. We have a balcony cabin on deck 10 underneath the Spa. How's that for a good location?

3. What shows are to be skipped or not to be missed?

4. Is there soft serve ice cream on the ship?

5. I've never been to a cruise ship's private island. Can we count on this as a relaxing day?

6. Does anyone have a link to the menus on this particular ship?

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I am sure I will have more questions later. We've not cruised for a few years, and I am very excited!

Welcome back.:)

Rita's is a nice place to grab a margarita and some appetizers. They often have a 2:1 promotion going on. We enjoyed it. Park Cafe has salads, sandwiches, soup and other such fare along with a limited breakfast menu and some evening options like pizza. We had lunch there on embarkation day because it hadn't been discovered so wasn't crowded.

Your cabin location should be fine. There isn't much noise from above when you're forward.

I haven't been to any shows, so can't help you there.

There's soft serve ice cream in the Windjammer.

Coco Cay is very relaxing or can be very active, depending on what you want to do. It is a tender port and is frequently cancelled because of rough water. The entrance to the dock is tight and they don't want to risk n accident, after all.

I think that the MDR menus are pretty standard fleetwide. I will say that Serenade has one of the better MDRs that we've experienced.

The "soft serve" is frozen yogurt....real ice cream is avail. nightly in the MDR!

We love Deck 10...so convenient to the pool! Under the spa shouldn't be noisy at all...more noise from the hallway (any hallway) than from above or below!

I LOVE Coco Cay...a pure and simple beach day!

Welcome back! Serenade is gorgeous. It's worth mentioning that I see your first cruise was years ago with RCI - I trust you are already a Crown and Anchor member? If so, you will be invited to the "Welcome Back Party" where they serve complimentary drinks and sometimes snacks. You will also receive some coupons loaded onto your Sea Pass card for various discounts around the ship; details should be in your cabin, and you can also get a list printed out at Guest Services.

Have fun. :)

EDITED to add: here is a link to the fleetwide menus: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/ <--click here

Edited by Langley Cruisers

In December we had balcony cabin #1012 just under the spa. We had no problems at all with noise.

Rita's was always empty, you won't have a problem getting seated, can't comment on the food. They chopped off a small section of the Windjammer and made it Rita's.

Try to attend the aerial shows in the atrium.

Have a sweet tooth and like something sweet in the evenings before heading back to our cabin. Any place available for that? Only things I ever see listed for Park Cafe is pizza, sandwiches, soups etc.

Park Café also has pastries, cookies, and brownies. Park Café closes around 9:00 P.M.. It's not open 24 hours.

There's also Room Service but there is a $3.95 Service charge between the hours of Midnight to 5:00 A.M.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Have a sweet tooth and like something sweet in the evenings before heading back to our cabin. Any place available for that? Only things I ever see listed for Park Cafe is pizza, sandwiches, soups etc.

Park Cafe and Cafe Latte-Tudes have sweets.

Edited by clarea

We're on the same cruise!:D Come check out the Roll Call...there's lots of chatter about activities and the ship itself!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1839061

We sail on the Serenade March 7. Looking so forward! Our last cruise was in May 14 on the Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should come and join our Roll Call, too! :)