Beverages - what is and is not charged for?

SeaDog70s

It is hard to believe that a simple answer to this question is not findable.

I would expect that a drink (can of soda, etc.) from the mini-bar would be charged for.

I would also expect that a drink of any kind, from a bar on one of the entertainment decks would be charged for....

What about a coffee, if ordered with Room Service breakfast? Is the food and service included, but the beverage charged for?

Water, carbonated soda, fruit juice...what is charged for what, and in what setting?

It is hard to believe that a simple answer to this question is not findable.

I would expect that a drink (can of soda, etc.) from the mini-bar would be charged for.

I would also expect that a drink of any kind, from a bar on one of the entertainment decks would be charged for....

What about a coffee, if ordered with Room Service breakfast? Is the food and service included, but the beverage charged for?

Water, carbonated soda, fruit juice...what is charged for what, and in what setting?

Here is a link to all the beverage menus with charges:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Non-bottled water, juice, milk, tea, hot chocolate, and coffee are free even if you order them from Room Service.

HAL allows you to bring as much soda and water as you want. They will clear your minibar, if you ask, and you can chill your own beverages.

Edited by Crew News

Room service is free. (Some people choose to tip the room service attendant.) Beverages like regular coffee, tea, milk, juice (with breakfast), ice tea, lemonade regular water are all free. Almost anything from a bar is not free. Exception would be water. Bottled water is not free.

Juice in the MDR is not free; at least it wasn't on my May/14 cruise when a tablemate was charged for her lemonade at dinner every night (I believe the waiters went to a bar to get it.)

Specialty coffees, in the MDR and the Explorations Cafe are not free.

Just to clarify from some posts, juice in the MDR, Lido, etc in the mornings is free, including the fresh squeezed orange juice.

You can see the menus if you like at http://www.halfacts.com by clicking the General Info tab which might help a tad. you can see the costs for the special coffees (cappuccino, etc.) there if you wish.

Coffee, tea, iced tea and non-bottled water are always free no matter where they are had room service or at the spot. Lemonade was free in the afternoons.

Of course, the specialty coffees at Explorations or at dinner are with a charge.

hope this helps a bit.

Edited by kazu

Just to clarify from some posts, juice in the MDR, Lido, etc in the mornings is free, including the fresh squeezed orange juice.

You can see the menus if you like at http://www.halfacts.com by clicking the General Info tab which might help a tad.

Coffee, tea, iced tea and non-bottled water are always free no matter where they are had room service or at the spot. Lemonade was free in the afternoons.

Of course, the specialty coffees at Explorations or at dinner are with a charge.

hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for correcting my post. I did mean to say that juice in the MDR at dinner time was not free. Forgot about breakfast!

My DH always has a V8 juice with his dinner so he can take his meds. We have never been charged and it is always sitting there waiting for us. We have late dinning and I don't know if that makes a difference.

It isn't your dining time that makes a difference; it's the source where the juice comes from.

Juices from a bar have a charge. The cranberry juice from a bar, which is used in mixed drinks, is different from the cranberry juice from the galley.

Juices from the galley have no charge. Your V-8 juice is from the galley, and is obtained every night for you from that source before you get there.

I see that you will be on the Oosterdam.

Your cabin will have a mini refrigerator. Anything that you use from it, you will be charged.

BUT -- if you want to bring extra glasses of juice from the Lido breakfast to have later in the day -- just have your cabin steward remove everything from the refrigerator so that you will have room for those extra glasses of juice. You might want to bring from home a closed container to pour your juices into for the mini refrigerator.

Keep in mind that the mini refrigerators are really coolers and do not keep items as cold your home refrigerator.

For those who often drink beverages that are charged for, such as soda, specialty coffees or wine, there are package deals available.

Complimentary hot chocolate packets are available in the Lido next to the complimentary tea bags.

Happy Hour is a special deal in which you purchase a drink and get a second of the same drink for $1; this is available in a given bar for a given amount of time, as listed in the On Location.