Announcements

EMBFlyer

on Nav last week, Captain Frank did a noon announcement once and the last sea day which had crappy windy weather the AD came on to announce that all poolside activities scheduled for the day had been moved to Promenade.

otherwise, it was blissfully silent outside of announcements that we were cleared to go into port.

you do need to turn off the piped in Muzak in your cabin though.

Maybe it was the 'early AM' announcement on the Quantum of the Seas maiden voyage that the Captain became 'embarrassed' about while having several RCI executives onboard the sailing.

I also think the fact that on many RCI ships these announcements are only heard in the public areas and corridors, even when having it turned on 'in-cabin' ,causing many to have to open doors just to hear the announcements.

This new policy reminds me of a company I used to work for. It was always all or nothing. Black or white. There's a lot of grey space that they could work with if they chose.

IMHO, people were tired of hearing the bingo & sales announcements. Not, the captain's daily updates..........

Edited by phoenix1181
typo

This new policy reminds me of a company I used to work for. It was always all or nothing. Black or white. There's a lot of grey space that they could work with if they chose.

IMHO, people were tired of hearing the bingo & sales announcements. Not, the captain's daily updates..........

My thoughts also.

Ok, my next question is who bitched so much that they had to change this policy fleet-wide? Invest in earplugs or a noise canceling headset if they bother you so much!

There is always a vocal minority, not sure which side won. ;)

They were making announcements on the explorer last week. The captain made his daily announcement around noon. They also made announcements when we arrived in ports and couple more during the sea days, but it was windy on deck and couldn't make them out.

They were making announcements on the explorer last week. The captain made his daily announcement around noon. They also made announcements when we arrived in ports and couple more during the sea days, but it was windy on deck and couldn't make them out.

I always get tired of the wife asking me "what did he say"

Bingo!!!

Does the captain still make announcements when you arrive in the ports to tell you it's clear to get off?

We have been on three different ships over the last two months. Thinking about it, each ship did not the "hurry and get to...." announcements and we really didn't notice the difference. We still heard the important ones: updates; cleared to debark at ports, etc. never could hear what was being said on all the other announcements anyway or they were way too loud. We're happy with what we have experienced most recently.

Or the alternative of " Learn to Read" if you need information about Bingo, Art Auctions, Trunk Shows, all of that stuff and more is in the Daily Compass, why do we need pointless announcements that constantly interrupt the day or activities that are going on. :eek:

Ok, my next question is who bitched so much that they had to change this policy fleet-wide? Invest in earplugs or a noise canceling headset if they bother you so much!

Or the alternative of " Learn to Read" if you need information about Bingo, Art Auctions, Trunk Shows, all of that stuff and more is in the Daily Compass, why do we need pointless announcements that constantly interrupt the day or activities that are going on. :eek:

They are also available on all those giant "iPad" like computers all over the ship, too.

My thoughts too. I don't want to hear bingo-bingo-bingo, but do, or should I say did, like the Captain's noon announcement.

M

On Enchantment over the weekend there were fewer announcements, but still at least one for bingo. Marc Walker did minimum announcement relating to safety or port procedures and somehow a bingo announcement slipped in. :rolleyes:

Ok, my next question is who b*****d so much that they had to change this policy fleet-wide? Invest in earplugs or a noise canceling headset if they bother you so much!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

They bother a lot of people.

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

BINGO BINGO BINGO!

They bother a lot of people.

I agree. Those are quite annoying as is the "One of a kind, limited edition art piece that we have 3000 of!" announcements. I do like a quick daily rundown of activities by the Cruise Director or Activities Manager and the Captain's report, either at noon when we're at sea or as we leave port. Last year, Mitch, Rob and Captain Frank were not intrusive at all on the Navigator.

My Allure cruise just won't be the same without a "Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning, this is Captain Johnny!"