how do you know WHICH MDR you are in?

ginka

I had asked a question a while back about which dining room was used for traditional dining (assigned) and which was used for anytime dining on the Sunshine. The answers I received were (paraphrasing...)'only one of the 4 dining rooms is used for anytime dining and the other 3 are used for traditional' and 'usually the middle one is used for anytime dining and the others for traditional, but not always'........so...we have traditional dining, early seating, how do we know which dining room of the 4 we will be assigned to, especially if as far as I can see, there are only TWO names (sunrise, and sunset), and are on different levels? I understand that for ATD, you check in on one level and then go to another to be seated, but have not heard this about traditional dining. Mainly trying to get my bearings straight and the layout from my room (which just now has been assigned..25 days out) yea!! OV aft, promenade (5).

Most people in traditional dining will get assigned to the room closet to their cabin

You will not know until you board. Its located on your sign and sail card. If you get the aft dining room you can only get there by the aft elevators.

If you get the midship you can get to the front of the dining room using the forward elevators

or by going through the back entrance by taking the midship elevators

Edited by serene56

thank you all for your replies so far, but I guess I didnt explain part of my question very well. It is my understanding..i can could be very wrong...but the there are 4 sections to the 2 dining rooms. The two dining rooms are named Sunrise and Sunset, but are all located in different locations or on different floors. So if it says I am in the Sunset dining room, how will I know WHICH Sunset dining room I am in? I am way confused here??

thank you all for your replies so far, but I guess I didnt explain part of my question very well. It is my understanding..i can could be very wrong...but the there are 4 sections to the 2 dining rooms. The two dining rooms are named Sunrise and Sunset, but are all located in different locations or on different floors. So if it says I am in the Sunset dining room, how will I know WHICH Sunset dining room I am in? I am way confused here??

I believe the answer is still, "it will be printed on your S&S card" when you check in/embark. Will say something like, Sunrise - Lower with table # I believe if you have tradtional dining..or YTD if you have that.

We've sailed Sunshine twice, had YTD both times in Sunrise AFT dr. One was upper once was lower.

Edited by bar1068

There is only one Sunset Dining room and only one Sunrise Dining room. The Sunset Dining room is located midship on Deck3. The Sunrise Dining room is located all the way aft on Decks 3 & 4. If you are assigned the Sunrise Dining room, your Sail & Sign card will indicate Upper or Lower level.

Hope this clears any confusion.

Edited by Jamman54

I just took a peek at my 2 Sunshine S&S cards hanging on the fridge they read

Sunrise Lower Deck 3 AFT YOUR TIME DINING

Sunrise Upper Deck 4 AFT YOUR TIME DINING

Between us, I hope we settle the OP's confusion. All she needs to do is check the S&S card:)

Between us, I hope we settle the OP's confusion. All she needs to do is check the S&S card:)

lol! I know...she should have the info she needs now. All thats left is to provide pictures...and thats like work to get them on here. :D:D

The puttiing you in the closest dining room to your cabin has nnever come our way. We have 9 cruises and all have been in the aft dining room, with all our cabins in the forward section of the ship. Our last cruise was on the Sunshine, in the Sunrise dining room (aft).There were 3 or 4 tables around us that had different people eating each night. Looked to me to be ATD diners. I would say you just have to wait until you get your S&S card for your dining room.