Request Robe in Room

Dall

On an Alaska cruise we asked for some robes that would not be documented as being in the cabin and when I shook his hand he found 2 $20s. We have two very nice terry cloth robes in our cabin and they now hang in my closet at home.

Very nice.

Not only are the robes not in our stateroom, but the beds have never been separated into twins as our personalizer always states. I really do not believe that information never ever filters down to the stewards.

So we're talking about the definition of insanity....doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been lucky to find our bed in the configuration we want and 90% of the time robes in the closet. I too, wondered if our personalizer ever got down to the steward. A few cruises ago, our personalizer had the question..what do you like to be called. (Never saw this asked again) Luckily I put down our first names and not some of the "silly" names I thought of. From the time we first met our steward, he called us by our first names, thank goodness I didn't put down "bitch" and "stud". :D

• 2 months later...

When we were on the grand to Hawaii, our room steward told us when we requested robes, we were not entitled to them because we were only in a balcony cabin and not a suite. We did however get them on the Star and the Crown. When I mentioned this he said, all the ships are different.?????Really?:confused:

When we were on the grand to Hawaii, our room steward told us when we requested robes, we were not entitled to them because we were only in a balcony cabin and not a suite. We did however get them on the Star and the Crown. When I mentioned this he said, all the ships are different.?????Really?:confused:

Stewart needs to go back to robe school. :(

• Like 1

One cruise the room steward put the robe all the way back on the closet shelf.

Could barely see it, had to get a hanger to pull it down. Other stewards have put them on the bed when they saw how 'tall' we are.

Edited by SadieN

You are very correct, and being nice to him/her in a monetary way works wonders. On an Alaska cruise we asked for some robes that would not be documented as being in the cabin and when I shook his hand he found 2 $20s. We have two very nice terry cloth robes in our cabin and they now hang in my closet at home. Cabin stewards really do make the ship run.

Wow!! 20 bucks EACH! You seriously overpaid (unless you were in a suite) JMHO;)

Wow!! 20 bucks EACH! You seriously overpaid (unless you were in a suite) JMHO;)

If one wants to steal the robes, what would an appropriate price be?

I've got robes and silly chef's jackets from an ultimate tour

-- all of which I never use -- so I don't think I will be stealing

any, at any price.

• Like 1

Once in 23+ cruises, I had to ask for a twin bed configuration. Doing longer cruises, I think twin beds gives me a little more space, night stands easier to reach.

I've never had trouble getting a robe but I have had to wait until the next day once or twice.

Also, don't be surprised if the robe isn't in your cabin. I put it on the cruise personalizer every time but mostly just to see if it will actually turn up. So far, it has never materialized and we haven't bothered to ask the steward for one once onboard.

The robes are not available when you board because they are in the wash. Imagine how much laundry has to be done on turnaround day. Robes are washed last after more urgently needed linens. If they do not appear by the following morning, ask and you shall receive.

Rick

Just back a couple of weeks from 15 days Vancouver/Hawaii RT on the Grand. We had requested robes, weren't in the stateroom when we arrived but showed up the next day. Steward explained the the ship's laundry was a little behind on the robes. The "free" robes are a little skimpy and are of a waffle-weave type but adequate. My goodie package after my Ultimate Ships Tour contained a very nice, brand new terry cloth robe (among other things) which had room to spare on my 210 lb body !

Edited by VTX-AL

• 2 months later...

Where in the cruise personalizer do you request a robe? I've seen it in the past, but can't seem to find it!

OOPSIE - never mind - I just found it. It is under Guest Check-in!

Edited by metairiegal