Grand Princess Cabin C753- To Aft Or Not To Aft?

kristinar

So I just booked cabin C753 and have never stayed in an aft cabin like this before. The cruise is still wide open, so I could change cabins at this point if need be. Please share your experiences, good or bad!

Great aft corner cabin, I would keep it. ;)

Quiet area, little bigger balcony.

My wife and I sailed Grand in C752 (the same cabin but the port side corner). This was my wife's all time favorite cabin to date. One night I got up in the middle of the night for a nature call and then went and sat on the balcony looking out at the full moon over the wake.

Keep the cabin.

My wife and I sailed Grand in C752 (the same cabin but the port side corner). This was my wife's all time favorite cabin to date. One night I got up in the middle of the night for a nature call and then went and sat on the balcony looking out at the full moon over the wake.

Keep the cabin.

For a moment there I thought you were going to say you went over the rail. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the cabin.

Agreed :)

We had that cabin last month and it was great. Nice and quiet location, beautiful views off the back of the ship.

Only warning I can give is that aft cabins are addictive, one is never enough;)

We had that cabin last year on a Hawaii trip, it was by far the best cabin we have had. Very quiet, and the wake views are amazing. It was very relaxing to just sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. We would book the room again with out any question!!!

• 1 year later...

Hello. For anyone who has stayed in state room C753 on the Grand Princess, will the room accommodate a 3rd traveler? On the deck plan diagram, it doesn't indicate that C753 will accommodate a third person, but when I select 3 travelers and select that state room, it allows me to book it. I'm not certain whether I'll be traveling with one or two others, so I'd like to book a room that will accommodate a third person. Thanks.

Hello. For anyone who has stayed in state room C753 on the Grand Princess' date=' will the room accommodate a 3rd traveler? On the deck plan diagram, it doesn't indicate that C753 will accommodate a third person, but when I select 3 travelers and select that state room, it allows me to book it. I'm not certain whether I'll be traveling with one or two others, so I'd like to book a room that will accommodate a third person. Thanks.[/quote']

On the Princess website/deck plan for the Grand on Caribe deck look to the left side. There is a place to add the number of guests. When I put in 3 it shows C-753 does not accommodate a 3rd or 4th person hence its a double only. Not sure if they will provide a rollaway in that cabin.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I recall it as being a double only

It's been 8 years since we've had that cabin on the Emerald, (still Grand class) but we definitely did not have to dodge bunks on the wall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I just booked cabin C753 and have never stayed in an aft cabin like this before.

I'll pass on what another member said to us when we were upgraded to an aft vista suite. '...The only downside to the aft vista suites are once you sailed in one you will never want to sail in anything less...' Since then we have only booked Vista, Penthouse or Owners suites.

There are lots of great things about the aft vista suites. Our favorite is ordering anything from the MDR menu's and eating it on the balcony.

Keep it, you will love it.

It doesn't apply to this cabin but for the future keep in mind some of the balconies are not as private on the aft as others. I think it was OS A752 we were in and folks from the railing by the pool above could easily look down on our balcony. Felt like they were joining us for breakfast. Would have much rather had a lower Vista with more privacy.

We've stayed in C742 on the Grand last year. It is basically the same size as all of the other cabins on that deck but the balcony is slightly larger. But, because they washed down the balconies from above on the Baja deck ... we seemed to collect all the debris on our balcony ... it was filthy and wouldn't choose that cabin again. Besides that, we did get a lot of motion in the back of the ship ... that doesn't bother some, though. While I never got sea sick, it knocked me right to the floor a couple of times. We were definitely in some rough seas as evidenced by the very empty hallways and sea sick bags set out at all the stairwells ... being in the back of the boat intensified this greatly.

We also did experience some noise back there ... not really so much from other guests talking loudly as they passed by our cabin, but think a lot of carts and such knocking on our wall on the other side of our headboard. It woke us up several times. I don't find Princess cabins to be all that soundproof, though ... so take take for what it is worth. I thought the cabin was ok but not an outstanding choice. We sailed on the Grand again a couple of months ago and got an obstructed oceanview cabin and actually liked it a lot better than the aft balcony cabin. Just my thoughts ...

I've stayed in C752 which is the port side version of C753. Definitely not a cabin for 3. Loved the cabin and the location and sitting on the balcony at night watching the full moon over the wake. Very nice.

As Keith said above, if you look at the deck plans and change the number of passengers from the default of "any" to "3" the cabin immediately becomes grayed out indicating it is not suitable for 3 passengers.