RCL and Quantum Questions!

NJ04SS

This is my wifes first time cruising RCL, and my second time (my only cruise on RCL was more then 10 years ago) - yet alone we are on the Quantum with Dynamic Dining. We've heard of the good, bad and the ugly with this - as I've read some reviews.

Just have a few questions about RCL and the Quantum...

Any tips/tricks/info on the Quantum? I know its a newer ship.

When will lobster night be on a 7 night Bahamas/FL cruise from NYC?

Any tips for RCL?

Any suggestions you may have for what not to miss, what to order, what not to do?

Thanks in advance! We are looking forward to cruising RCL!

As you can imagine you are not the first to ask all of these questions. Just browse the various threads in the Quantum section (seperate section at the top of RCL section) and you'll find all the answers to your questions and others you haven't even thought of.:cool:

My "tip," read everything with a huge grain of salt. Many complaints came on earliest cruises. It's a new ship, new concept. There will be growing pains and glitches. We go in 2 weeks. I am excited to see the innovation. Dynamic Dining looks great to me. Lots of options and a variety of experiences. Will we repeat some? Sure. Going to Grande twice. But other than that no repeats (am doing 3 upcharge restaurants). But some complaints are that the menus are the same in each restaurant. Well, the menus in traditional MDR's are the same from cruise to cruise. I like the ability to eat a dinner I like more than once on the cruise.

So, I think 80% of "cruise enjoyment" is attitude and expectations. Keep expectations realistic, and go with an attitude of any cruise is fun, and you'll likely love most (if not all) of the experience.

Enjoy the cruise.

This is my wifes first time cruising RCL, and my second time (my only cruise on RCL was more then 10 years ago) - yet alone we are on the Quantum with Dynamic Dining. We've heard of the good, bad and the ugly with this - as I've read some reviews.

Just have a few questions about RCL and the Quantum...

Any tips/tricks/info on the Quantum? I know its a newer ship.

When will lobster night be on a 7 night Bahamas/FL cruise from NYC?

Any tips for RCL?

Any suggestions you may have for what not to miss, what to order, what not to do?

Thanks in advance! We are looking forward to cruising RCL!

Just off the 1/11/15 12-night. We made sure that we reserved dining in advance for most nights and all shows and never had a problem. Lobster Tail on menu in The Grand and a surf and turf special was served the night we dined in American Icon. Loved the ifly and bumper cars.

Edited by funNsun4me

A lot of the complaints centered around folks who rather have traditional dining times and dining restaurants and weren't favoring the newer concept of reservations and switching dining rooms to try something new.

The key, in my opinion, is take the time to pre-plan your restaurants while at home and make reservations in the restaurants that you would like to try. Also make the show reservations...allow about 2 hrs between the end of dinner and the start of a show.

We did this when sailing on the Allure and had an absolute great time and no problem with dinner times/show times. So make a spreadsheet for each day, notice what time you need to be back from the port you are in or whether it is a sea day...and then book your reservations. If you have problems with on line - call RCCL and get someone to help you. You can always change things up when on board....but you will have basic plan.

Of course, some like the plan...of no plan. And that's ok too.

As others have said, be sure to reserve as many restaurants in advance as possible. Make show reservations as well.

We had reservations at a couple of the restaurants and found ourselves ready to eat earlier then the reserved time. Simply walked up to desk and explained what we wanted to do and were accommodated. I'm sure that's easier when there are only two of you versus a large party. Were also told that if we came between 5 and 5:30 without reservations they could most likely take us. It's not as big a headache as many would want you to believe.