Cabin amenities

VTcruisenut

We haven't cruised since 2011!! sigh.............and are on the Eurodam on March 15th. I am sure things have changed. I am wondering what the cabin amenities are these days- do they still supply the soaps, shampoo's and conditioner, lotion etc? Elemis? are there hairdryers still? and what are laundry services and cost like if we need to use them? I don't see a self service laundry listed on the Eurodam. We are flying from Vermont, and need to plan what things to purchase in Fort Lauderdale before we sail! Thank you!

Hi - welcome back to cruising! Hope this helps:

- do they still supply the soaps, shampoo's and conditioner, lotion etc? YES

- Elemis? YES

- are there hairdryers still? YES

- and what are laundry services and cost like if we need to use them? They have packages you can buy for unlimited laundry or you can use the laundry bag and pay per bag (if you roll your clothes will accommodate more than you think) at about $20 per bag.

Edited by take us away

Eurodam has the Tamarind Restaurant and that menu has not changed.

The Pinnacle menu just changed again.

You can see menus, On Location, etc. at HALfacts here:

http://halfacts.com/

Thanks all! I scoped out the HalFacts page but didn't see anything about the toiletries...........we don't do the specialty restaurants- maybe we will this time though! DH loves the Main DR and the service there.

The only thing I don't see answered, and I'm tired so may have missed it, is that there are no self-service laundry facilities on the Eurodam. Only the smaller R and S class ships and the Princendam have self-service laundry facilities. No facilities in the "newer" Vista and Signature class ships.

Thanks all! I scoped out the HalFacts page but didn't see anything about the toiletries...........we don't do the specialty restaurants- maybe we will this time though! DH loves the Main DR and the service there.

you know, that is a really good point. We tend not to put stuff on http://www.halfacts.com that is on the HAL website, but that stuff isn't.

I have added a mental note to put that on as there have been a couple of questions in that regard this week. Thanks for the suggestion:D

I can't remember if this started in 2011, but the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are in dispensers on the wall of the shower/tub - not in little bottles. I always bring a bar of soap for showering as the body wash irritates my skin.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN

Just an FYI...they may want you to use body wash because of the scum that bar soap causes. Most bar soaps have a liquid counterpart. I speak from experience. Owned and operated a B&B. I provided body wash. I also charged extra if you chose to use bar soap. Lots more work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Elemis lotion is still in a small bottle in your cabin bathroom. They still provide a small bar of white soap; the yellow citrus glycerin bar of soap is no longer in the rooms (may be available by request from room steward?). I think you can pick up small bottles of shampoo and conditioner in the spa shower - ask for confirmation on that if it is important to you.

Yes, hairdryers are still provided. m--

Edited by RMLincoln