Booking Comedy Show, etc.

msnap

Hi everyone - how far out are you able to book entertainment such as the headlining comedy show? We still have a ways to go until our trip (November 8, 2015), but I would rather be on top of it and know when these things generally open for booking! Thanks! :)

On Oasis and Allure the comedy shows are done in a smaller venue, not the main theater, and reservations are generally required. On all other ships the comedy shows are in the main theater and there's almost never any issue walking in and getting a seat so they don't do reservations.

Other than the comedy show, the aquatheater and ice skating shows generally require reservations.

On ships other than Oasis and Allure reservations for the ice show can't be made before the cruise but there is a time on the first or second day of the cruises when free tickets will be handed out.

I made my entertainment bookings for Oasis, It only allowed me to book the comedy club once for the entire cruise.

Is that just to everyone gets a chance or is it really the same show all week?

Thanks.

we have been on several of these cruises. there are always two comedians. one will usually have a set routine and the other plays off the audience so that can very tremendously.

the venue is small. You MUST have reservations on the Allure or Oasis.

there is a waitline they will start letting those people in about 10 minutes before the show. on our last cruise, there were at least 50 people in line when we went in...which was about 25 minutes early because I did not want a front row seat where they might/will pick on you...

And only 7 seats became available. they were all separated so the people could not sit with there partners.

we have been on several of these cruises. there are always two comedians. one will usually have a set routine and the other plays off the audience so that can very tremendously.

the venue is small. You MUST have reservations on the Allure or Oasis.

there is a waitline they will start letting those people in about 10 minutes before the show. on our last cruise, there were at least 50 people in line when we went in...which was about 25 minutes early because I did not want a front row seat where they might/will pick on you...

And only 7 seats became available. they were all separated so the people could not sit with there partners.

I'm sure every show is different, but based on your experience, what age would you say the show is appropriate for? (Not sure if you went to an earlier showing or a later one, which may make a difference)

it used to be the early show was the 'clean' one.

On the last two cruises we were on, the early show was also 18 and over. In fact, they actually asked a few young looking people before they started how old they were.

They also said that if you were easily offended, you should leave because they do not want anyone leaving in the middle of the show. When you see the room, you will understand why.

Foul language, ethnic jokes,imitation of accents,etc.

They did announce at the end that there would be a family friendly comedy show in the main showroom on the last night. No reservations necessary.

it used to be the early show was the 'clean' one.

On the last two cruises we were on, the early show was also 18 and over. In fact, they actually asked a few young looking people before they started how old they were.

They also said that if you were easily offended, you should leave because they do not want anyone leaving in the middle of the show. When you see the room, you will understand why.

Foul language, ethnic jokes,imitation of accents,etc.

They did announce at the end that there would be a family friendly comedy show in the main showroom on the last night. No reservations necessary.

Thanks. Sounds like we should skip the one that you pre-book with our kids.

If you are on Oasis or Allure - as someone mentioned before - WATCH YOUR PLANNER and book as soon as the entertainment time/dates are available to you.

The comedy show is the hardest to book because of the small venue, but it also takes a little pre-planning to arrange an entertainment each night.

Thanks. So upfront I guess we can pre-book, but see if our kids want to go to the kids club that night. Or...we just skip it and try to catch the family one when there. Doesn't sound like its appropriate for them. I don't need them to hear a swear word every sentence IYKWIM. Will see how other nights pan out when looking at the pre-booking schedule.

Thanks for the replies, I did book one comedy day / time online pre cruise for Oasis. It won't let me book any more, so I suppose I need to do that once onboard? or do I have to go 'standby' after getting one comedy reservation.

Thanks,.

I hate to be a party pooper but this stinks. I realize that we can choose to do nothing, but all this pre-planning is getting crazy. We sail the Navigator in May and it's been since 2006 on RC.

First you have to decide early ,late or MTD. We picked late and didn't understand that you have to go to the early shows before dinner. Ouch! Don't want to do show before dinner. No sweat because we usually do the speciality restaurants. Now, I find out it's better to book online if you want a certain day and time! If I want to catch the 8:30 show ...dinner around 6:30pm ??

Now, I have to book tickets for the shows! LOL I need a travel agent and spread sheet to keep up with the dinners, show, excursions and tender tickets!

Thanks for letting me vent!

I hate to be a party pooper but this stinks. I realize that we can choose to do nothing, but all this pre-planning is getting crazy. We sail the Navigator in May and it's been since 2006 on RC.

First you have to decide early ,late or MTD. We picked late and didn't understand that you have to go to the early shows before dinner. Ouch! Don't want to do show before dinner. No sweat because we usually do the speciality restaurants. Now, I find out it's better to book online if you want a certain day and time! If I want to catch the 8:30 show ...dinner around 6:30pm ??

Now, I have to book tickets for the shows! LOL I need a travel agent and spread sheet to keep up with the dinners, show, excursions and tender tickets!

I don't care for the pre planning either. Really you only need to pre book he Broadway show and the Comedy Club. The standbys are going to get in the other entertainment. Probably also the Broadway show. The Comedy Club is a small venue so that is the one that you absolutely want to reserve because you might not get in Standby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As stated by other posters you DO NOT have to prebook shows on The Navigator. Pre booking is for The Allure, Oasis & Quantum. The Ice Show you will be able to get tickets for once on board, all others would be first come first served.

Shows on all other ships have always been planned around early & late seating. This is nothing new, some of the shows will still be later in the evening to accommodate both seatings.