What port does Jewel sail out of in San Jaun?

bre

I'm trying to plan hotels for San Jaun. And am trying to figure out, exactly where we will be porting out of. I am finding conflicting info. Can some one help me??? Last time we were there (Sailing with Carnival), we we sailed out of the port that was directly across from the Sheraton in Old Town. Is that the right port? I love how you can just walk across the street from the Hotel to get on the boat. BUT I here, that's not the one. BUT then I keep hearing people talk about the CVS pharmacy that is right across the street from the port, just up from the Sheraton. I'm so confused :). Is there 2 Sheratons? Are the ports close to one another?

Its a distance. Walkable but not recommended. We cruise out of San Juan often. It's our favorite embarkation port. Usually do b2bs or b2b2bs. I usually just grab a taxi on turnaround day and have them take us to Old San Juan. $20 bucks or so each way.

We did Jewel B2B from San Juan for Christmas/New Year's. FYI, when you get your cab to the pier, make sure the driver takes you to the Jewel terminal, not the one next to it where Celebrity docks. We were dropped off at the Celebrity terminal. Got in line, waited, got up front and were told "wrong terminal, it's the next one over". There was no signage. RCL, owning both these cruise lines, may wanna hang up a few signs to help both cabbies and guests.

On a good note, on disembarkation morning from Jewel, the customs people and RCCL staff ran a very swift operation. Likewise, the cab company had people out front directing guests to the next available cabs. Very smooth operation and we were at the airport very quickly. The airport itself, despite many bad reports, was an easy do. Arrived in plenty of time for our flight.

Also, there is a small wine, liquor, snack store just after you go thru the security screening. Nice spot to grab something you forgot to pack.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

We stayed there earlier this month. It is very close to the port but definitely not walkable, mainly because it is a high traffic area without sidewalks. Nice hotel and we had a great view of the ship when it came in.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the ship from the room. Did you have to request a room on the "port" side of the building??

AaaH! Light bulb moment....Thanks!

This map is really out of date as far as hotels go, but I like that it does show where things are, including the piers in old San Juan and the Pan Am pier, which is some distance away (and where your ship will depart from):

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

There are newer online san Juan Hotel maps that will show where things are, but I still like this one just for orientation. :)

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see the ship from the room. Did you have to request a room on the "port" side of the building??

We booked through hotels.com and there was no option on the website to request a port side room but when we checked in I asked if it were possible and the lady said that is what was showing on our reservation. We are early risers and I was sitting up in bed when the Jewel pulled in to port...really lovely way to start embarkation day!!