Canadian cruisers!!

Amounts are all over the place. I finalized my cruise payment today

and was charged $91.78 CAD pp for 7 night cruise.

That's about a 9% rate. $12US X 7 = $84. $84 X 109% = $91.56....pretty close. Maybe RC is dropping their exchange rate by 1%.

Of course, your exchange rate could be tied to the date that you booked the cruise....it's still a pretty good rate. If you'd booked in US$, you'd be paying 125% when you converted the amount into Canadian. :D

I decided yesterday, after reading this thread, to get an onboard credit. My TA phoned and RCL told him that I could get up to $500 with the TA giving them my credit card info. I could have more than $500 if the TA faxed them a copy of my credit card. I said to do $500 x 2 as we are doing a B2B. He just emailed me that he could do $499US for each and the cost will be $550CAD. I saw some questions on here about why $499 and I see now that the reason is because $500 and up they need to actually see your credit card but it can be done.

Now I've decided to pay my gratuities ahead.

Not sure I understand how you could pay less in CAD that it would be in US$. My TA is checking right now but the quote he gave me in CAD is 10% more than the US$ amount would be and I thought that was a bargain. Now two people have said they paid less in CAD than they would have paid in US$ or am I not 'getting' it?

I booked back in October and paid $76.87 CAD per person for gratuities as well. My total cruise fare is also now over $600 more than what I paid back in October - I assume that is a result of our falling dollar.

The last time the Canadian dollar was at par or higher than the US dollar was in Nov 2007. By the end of that month it was back down to the 98 cent mark. I don't think current cruises could be booked that far back. :p

I think the exchange rate has been set by Royal, and they haven't reset it to reflect current exchange rates, which is nice for us. I'm surprised their accountants haven't caught the discrepancy yet!!

I live in a border city and grocery shop in Michigan on a biweekly basis. There was a short period of time this past fall when our dollar was higher than the US dollar. First time in my life that I received more US$ than I paid in CAD.

I booked back in October and paid $76.87 CAD per person for gratuities as well. My total cruise fare is also now over $600 more than what I paid back in October - I assume that is a result of our falling dollar.

I just priced out a cruise that I am looking at for Feb 2016 in both Cdn and U.S. $ it appears that Royal is using a 10% exchange on these prices as well.

I want to add an OBC to my Feb 28 cruise but do not want to do it until the last possible date. Any idea when the latest date would be? Does it have to be a minimum of X amount of days before sailing?

Minimum is 4 days prior to sailing so I would go with 5. Personally I think thus great rate on the exchange could end at any minute and revert to the 30% premium. I would book it now to be sure.

We prepaid our gratuities for our upcoming Adventure cruise a week or so ago at $82.79 CDN for 7 nights. I actually don't think when you booked has any bearing on what they're charging as we booked a year ago but after getting that price for us I called back and prepaid my son's and his girlfriend's for their sailing on Freedom next month. They booked three weeks ago and were given the same rate of $82.79.

Whatever the reasoning this is a screaming deal for all of us.:)

I want to add an OBC to my Feb 28 cruise but do not want to do it until the last possible date. Any idea when the latest date would be? Does it have to be a minimum of X amount of days before sailing?

Dont hold back do it ASAP. I did mind weeks ago. Surprised they dont change it now, They must be getting tons of calls from Canadians jumping up for this great offer

I just tried to purchase $300.00 US and was quoted $378.00 CDN.

ARGH! I have been trying to convince hubby for days to buy the OBC now but he kept saying to wait until the last minute. Serves him right!!

That is a 26% exchange vs the 10% everyone got before. I hate men... LOL

ARGH! I have been trying to convince hubby for days to buy the OBC now but he kept saying to wait until the last minute. Serves him right!!

That is a 26% exchange vs the 10% everyone got before. I hate men... LOL

I don't have a lot of faith in the guy I was talking to so I am going to call back and see if I get the same quote again, just to be sure.