Where is the Grand in early May?

Maclet

The Grand Princess arrives in Vancouver on May 1st for the Alaska season. But the next sailing isn't until May 9th. I've searched for a sailing from May 1st to 9th but can't see anything. What am I missing here???

The Grand Princess arrives in Vancouver on May 1st for the Alaska season. But the next sailing isn't until May 9th. I've searched for a sailing from May 1st to 9th but can't see anything. What am I missing here???

Maybe drydock?

They have been doing some in Victoria.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This website--which does not appear to have been updated lately--has Grand Princess on a 3-day roundtrip on May 1 and a 5 day roundtrip on May 4. Another TA site listed the May 1 as Vancouver-Astoria-Victoria-Vancouver but was not actually selling it. My further googling failed to find who is.

Addendum: the "....mate" site has roll calls for both these cruises but again no clue where to book them.

Edited by fishywood

there were posts about this about 6 months ago, they had a cruise available (to astoria) and they canceled it for a charter... people we crazy mad on here because a cruise they had booked was cancelled for a charter

I was one of the ones who was upset. (not crazy). We booked a 3 day round trip from Vancouver with a paid for train trip back to Toronto after the cruise. Then it was "canceled", but really chartered. After finding out the truth on CC, I was finally able to find out the one large TA that was booking the charter. Then before I could book, that was supposedly canceled.

Our train tickets are not refundable, so we could not change dates, Princess lied about the "cancel, really chartered" and when I called, they gave us $15!!!!! That has since disappeared .At least we had not bought the plane tickets yet. We are still doing the train trip, but I do not trust Princess any more. We have taken 5 Princess cruises and enjoyed all of them, but...

Our train tickets are not refundable, so we could not change dates, Princess lied about the "cancel, really chartered" and when I called, they gave us $15!!!!!
While not refundable, you should be able to submit a claim to your travel insurance for your train tickets.

Thanks Pam for the advice. We kept the train tickets because we booked a one of a kind cabin on the first day the tickets were on sale. We are still taking the train trip, but we were disappointed that Princess chartered the cruise as it would have added a lot to our trip. DH is a train buff, but I love cruising. At least we had not bought our plane tickets or we would have had to sit in Vancouver and pay for a hotel where we have already visited for 3 days waiting for the train. The worst part was that Princess said the cruise was canceled when it was really chartered. Then they let new people buy the charter cabins and then they were dumped also. Live and learn.