Souhern carib

bspiritbreeze

Try http://www.cruisetimetables.com and choose US ports from the top list. then choose your month. It will give you the ships sailing and their itineraries. In June/July, I'm seeing Carnival Conquest 8 days from FLL, visiting Aruba and Curacao. Carnival Breeze does the same itinerary out of Miami. In June and July, those are your only options. Just on Carnival. Your only choices in the Caribbean at that time of year are Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney. Other lines do longer cruise to the Southern Caribbean over the winter, but those ships have gone to Alaska and Europe for the summer. EM

You do not have a lot of choices since most ships relocate to other parts of the world (i.e. Europe and Alaska) during the summer months. But Carnival does continue to operate some 8 day cruises out of Florida and RCI still runs their 7 day Southern Caribbean cruises out of San Juan. There is nothing wrong with the Southern Caribbean that time of the year....but the cruise lines have found that they can generate far more profits in other markets.

Hank

I found a bunch when I put in the months, 8-13 days & Caribbean (all). There were various 8 & 9 day voyages on Carnival from Miami, FLL/PE, NYC, and Port Canaveral. RCL had one Liberty of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ.

The OP asked about Southern Caribbean, and cruises to Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten are not southern. EM

The OP asked about Southern Caribbean, and cruises to Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten are not southern. EM

Well then the answer is NO. Because those were all the cruises I found that were 8 days or longer. If the OP wants Southern it will have to be shorter than 8 days. If the OP wants 8 or more days, those are the options. If the OP wants both, a different time of year may be in order.

Thanks Essiesmom. My research showed at least three ships that leave FLL, Orlando and Miami in late June and early July including Carnival's Sunshine formally known as Destiny. Now, was it the Destiny that made international news when it became stranded at sea for a few days:confused:.

I think of Southern Caribbean cruises as Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao.....

HAL visits those islands on 10-11 day cruises closed loop FLL but not in June or July.

Many of the ships leave the Caribbean in late April and reposition to Alaska, Canada/NE and Europe.

Carnival spent $155 million redoing the Destiny. I don't believe this was the ship that got stranded, that was the Triumph wasn't it? It is now the Sunshine and completely different from the Destiny. They had to change her name because she is no longer the destiny. We were on the Destiny once but the Sunshine 5 times. We won't go on her unless we can get a cabin on deck 5! This is the promenade deck with so much night time activities but the cabins are past the back elevators so you never hear a thing.

It is going into dry dock next January and the rumor is it may go to Charleston, SC when she comes out.