Oasis Superior Ocean View w/Balcony

banderboo

Nope, the view isn't any better really its more so a "superior location". Was on the NYE sailing in room 14250 which was D2 category, balcony was pretty small only enough room for 2 chairs and a tiny table and the room was the same as a basic ocean view room; it's the suite categories where the room layout changes. The room was nice though and on the top floor so elevators were never an issue, middle of the ship with a nice ocean view. If you are booking and the difference between a balcony, and superior balcony room is significant just book the normal balcony room and buy a drink package with the money saved!

Booked 12240 and 12246 on oasis. These are new cabins that took over for the suite that was originally 12240. Does anyone know if the balcony in these cabins is bigger seeing that it was originally a suite location? It's on the hump but its considered a D5.

Edited by yogi636

Booked 12240 and 12246 on oasis. These are new cabins that took over for the suite that was originally 12240. Does anyone know if the balcony in these cabins is bigger seeing that it was originally a suite location? It's on the hump but its considered a D5.

Interesting question. According to the deck plans and the location they should have the deeper balcony. I wonder why Royal classified these as D5 cabins when they are D1's on all other decks and typically D1's command a bigger premium than the other categories. Could be a sought after location going forward.

Just an observation; if you like a nice sunny balcony, do not book on deck 14 as there is a big overhang from top deck and one would not be getting much sun. Enjoy your cruise. :)

We're sailing on Oasis Feb 21, 2015 and I booked deck 14 just to be 'on top'.

Thank goodness there IS an overhang on the deck 14 balconies....if you've ever had a balcony (remember...these are all made of metal) without an overhang, it's like an oven in the Caribbean sun. At least the overhang provides some shade depending on the position of the sun. We live in south Florida so we look for shady areas to rest although I'm sure the 'northerners' will be looking for any sun they can get!:D

Edited by Diver2014

Nope..the size will be the same within each category....it's location and number of beds that is the difference within each category.

I concur.....when I inquired, I was told that the category is based on the # of people that can sleep per room.