Hemmingway House

hunt182644

If you like Hemingway - and you're not allergic to cats - it's an interesting tour, and worthwhile. It averages 4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor. There are almost 5,600 ratings for the house, so that's probably a pretty good gauge. A guided tour is included in your admission, so make sure you take it.

Edited by POA1

Hemmingway House Key West is there a charge to go thru it, and do you feel it is worth it.

We took a ship excursion a number of years ago that included the Hemmingway House. We are cat lovers, so we enjoyed seeing all the polydactyl cats:). The house and grounds were beautiful. Our tour also included the Truman House...very interesting.

Karen

We booked the HOHO trolley with the Hemmingway House add on when we went this past December. Did the trolley route and got off at the house. Visited and had the tour and got back on the trolley. Worked great.

Edited by shrimpboat123

I was there about a month ago. The price is $13 for adults (not sure of the children's price). I've done the tour twice and would definitely recommend it - the tour guides tell some interesting stories and usually throw in a little bit of humor. Easy to walk to as well. :)

If you are thinking of doing it, I would definitely get a tour through the ship or another company rather than just walk over. The last couple of times I have been the lines have been incredibly long and if you're on a short port stop you may not have time to see it and other things unless you're on a tour that allows you to cut the lines.

We went there on our own a couple years ago and I think it was very worthwhile, even if you are not a big fan of Hemingway. (I am not.) Definitely take the guided tour, but afterwards, walk around the house and the grounds on your own to see things close-up and at your own pace. (On the 1-hour tour, you don't have time to look at things very closely.)