What's the first thing you do when you board the ship?

MMR555

I text all my friends at work and tell them I'm now on the ship getting ready for my first drink... just to rub it in! haha :D

Get the drink first and send them a picture text with the drink....rubs it in a little deeper! hahahaha:D

I do not want to introduce a downer. But the first thing I do when I can get in my cabin is wipe the whole thing down with disinfectant wipes. Every drawer pull, handle, phone, remote, flat surface, chair arms...everything the previous people may have touched. I don't know whether they had a sneezing cold, or a gastro issue. But what I know is the cabin attendant will not have had enough turnaround time to clean every knob and door handle they could have touched. So I wipe it all. Just a little insurance for the rest of my cruise.

After that, I get the drink of the day, and get ready to boogie!

Ah, so we are not the only ones to wipe down the cabin:eek:

First thing that we do is head to the MDR and check our table assignment. Then it's usually time to try and get it fixed:(

• 4 weeks later...
First we drop off our carry-ons in the cabin.

Then we go and introduce ourselves to our concierges and have them check to re-confirm the specialty restaurants that I have pre-booked.

Since we are 5 star mariners on HAL we are entitled to 2 free Pinnacle dinners and we have the concierges book them.

Then we head to the dining room for lunch.

How nice.

I do not want to introduce a downer. But the first thing I do when I can get in my cabin is wipe the whole thing down with disinfectant wipes. Every drawer pull, handle, phone, remote, flat surface, chair arms...everything the previous people may have touched. I don't know whether they had a sneezing cold, or a gastro issue. But what I know is the cabin attendant will not have had enough turnaround time to clean every knob and door handle they could have touched. So I wipe it all. Just a little insurance for the rest of my cruise.

After that, I get the drink of the day, and get ready to boogie!

Me, too. Not a downer. Just being smart.

"The very first thing I do after I board the ship is move out of the way so other people can board the ship."

Very cleaver. Thanks for posting such a great response!

Will be taking lucky #13 cruise this year, but I can't tell you what the first thing I do when I get on board is, except what you posted. But soon after I am on board I will be eating...

LOL - We always say "We're in motion".

I love it! Whenever we go on vacation as soon as we leave our driveway we look at each other and say "we're bound!"

Ours is "We're underway" from our years of DH being on a ship in the Coast Guard.

LOL - We always say "We're in motion".

I love it! Whenever we go on vacation as soon as we leave our driveway we look at each other and say "we're bound!"

I can't quote everyone's saying.

For it's lets roll.

If our cabin is ready we drop off our carry on. Then I always like to make sure we know where our dining room is in relation to our room. On Carnival Ships there are little maps of the ship at the information desk and I always grab one; it's very helpful. Then we explore our way to the food. I like to have a pretty good idea of where everything is before we sail away.

• 2 weeks later...

Eat a light breakfast at hotel and get there early...Don't mind waiting and watching fellow cruisers.

Take care of our drink package.

Walk the ship to familiarize ourselves with it from top to bottom, including fitness area.

Have our first drink poolside if weather is good with food from grill. Otherwise deal with buffet.

Go to rooms when ready. Unpack if enough time before muster.

Head to deck above band area for sailaway. Enjoy a sailaway drink.

Stop at bar on the way back to cabin to pick up a glass of wine to enjoy on balcony.

Head back to cabin, unpack if not done already and hang out on balcony for awhile.

Martini Bar, here we come. (Sounds like we drink alot on cruises!)

Then to Select/Anytime Dining. Usually ask to sit at shared table. Other nights, especially after busy port days, we request table for 2.

Entertainment

My sister and I usually do a "happy dance" as we are waiting in line to board. My sister is the planner so she gets the "daily" newsletter (Pitter Patter or whatever it's called) and starts marking what we want to do (she grabs at least two so one will be good for our scrapbook!) while I watch people!

Hi Im a newbie too

Here's what I did

Arrive at the terminal early (10am)

They sent you to the early bird line and you are on board at 11am (Say Bye to the late-comers as you step onboard the ship)

Head to the buffet so you can have a seat and lunch as it is not too crowded

Enjoy...if you feel like it you can explore the ship

Cabins open at 1pm, dump stuff off. Settle any dinning issues

Then head for the pool immediatly! :D

I got this plan from here...and it worked perfectly.