Cozumel-Senor Frogs or other activities

Cruiselover2121

Hello all!

This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing this right. If not please inform me of where I can go to ask this question! I am going on the Carnival Freedom this Spring and we are stopping in Cozumel. I have planned some excursions at the other ports we are stopping at, but was hoping to avoid paying for an excursion at this port. I know there is a Señor Frogs there, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was close to the port or not. I am also open to any other recommendations about what to do in Cozumel that is close to the port! There is a group of 15 of us going, so I am looking for something fun and entertaining!

Thanks! :)

Senor Frogs is downtown and it all depends on where you dock. If you are at International Pier, which is where most of RC and Carnival dock, it will be about an $8 cab ride to downtown. It is $8 for the cab of four people. We shared with another couple of each of us only paid $4. Great deal. If you end up docking at Punta Lungusta, Senor Frogs is across the street. Have a great time and if you have a chance, I would recommend the Cozumel bar Hop. It takes you out to the other side of the island without power or the tourist. It has wonderful drinks, food and views of the water and beaches.

Carnival uses the Puerta Maya pier. Its about 5 miles south of the International pier. Puerta Maya is a shopping complex that includes a Fat Tuesday and Tres Amigos restaurants. You will have to catch a cab to go to other places on the island.

If you really want to enjoy some time at Senor Frogs, take the ferry to Playa del Carmen. Senor Frogs is immediately at the pier. The ferry takes about 45 minutes. That Senor Frogs is a lot more fun. Also the trip would allow you time to visit 5th Avenue. There are a lot more bars as you walk around there. The vendors will continually try to get your attention, but a firm, pleasant " no thank you" or "no gracias" will work. I don't remember the cost of the ferry, but you will need to get a taxi downtown from the pier and then get on the ferry. Also, if you just want to visit a Senor Frogs, there is one right inside the shopping area as you get off the ship. You can sit there, enjoy yourself, have fun, and look at the ship. It probably is not the greatest Senor Frogs, but we had a very nice time there on our last trip. Plus the added feature.... you are much less likely to miss the ship! Whichever way you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.

The ferry to Playa del Carmen sounds interesting, but it involves risk. If the weather goes against you or there is some trouble with the ferry, you can miss the ship. No particular Señor Frog is that much better than any other to warrant the hassle of a couple of ferry rides. Also, there are bars everywhere but not that many beaches good for swimming/snorkeling in the spring - building your day around Señor Frogs is not what I would recommend.

Senor Frogs is a tourist spot..built for cruisers and tourists!...if that's what you want...go for it!

For other things, besides going to a bar, get a guidebook at your library...or google Cozumel! Lots of info...and the more info you have, the more you will get from your day ashore. You do NOT need excursions for most things....so do a bit of research...it will save you a bundle and enhance your time ashore!

Carnival uses the Puerta Maya pier. Its about 5 miles south of the International pier. Puerta Maya is a shopping complex that includes a Fat Tuesday and Tres Amigos restaurants. You will have to catch a cab to go to other places on the island.

Are the cab rides safe to take in Cozumel? How easy is it to get a cab?

Thanks!

Senor Frogs can be loads of fun but keep an eye on the time. (And make sure you're on Ship Time). I've heard that Cozumel has a reputation for people staggering back to the ship as it pulls away!

ahhh Senor Frogs has contributed many times to some of the best pier-runner watching!

Hello all!

This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing this right. If not please inform me of where I can go to ask this question! I am going on the Carnival Freedom this Spring and we are stopping in Cozumel. I have planned some excursions at the other ports we are stopping at, but was hoping to avoid paying for an excursion at this port. I know there is a Señor Frogs there, but I was wondering if anyone knew if it was close to the port or not. I am also open to any other recommendations about what to do in Cozumel that is close to the port! There is a group of 15 of us going, so I am looking for something fun and entertaining!

Thanks! :)

As mentioned, check out the Ports of Call board for Cozumel.

Having been to Cozumel, I found it to be a fantastic port. Tons of different things to do there.

Check out the info on the "wild side" of the island. Incredible over there, beautiful, with some fantastic bars and restaurants. Nothing like it anywhere.

As mentioned, check out the Ports of Call board for Cozumel.

Having been to Cozumel, I found it to be a fantastic port. Tons of different things to do there.

Check out the info on the "wild side" of the island. Incredible over there, beautiful, with some fantastic bars and restaurants. Nothing like it anywhere.

I agree with LA - one of the best excursions ever we took in Cozumel; we rented a jeep on the dock for about $50 and spent the day on the other side of the island - a couple of great bars and that was it commercially, plenty of quiet beaches and coves.

• 2 weeks later...
What would be on the TOP of your list of things to do in Cozumel?

LuLu

Well,.....hire a cab for the day and take a trip around the island with a stop at Playa Chen ( used to be Playa Chen Rio, but the Rios is gone since the storm).

Visit Mr Chile for an EXCELLENT ceviche.

Walk through town and visit things.

A poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Probably the Island tour would be at the top but any from that list would be better than Senor Frog's.