Credit card refund time

benjoon

I'll try and not make this a too long a story but we have now been waiting for a refund from Royal for the last 5 weeks.

This all started because of their bad website. I was putting a deposit on a grand suite for an Oasis new years cruise so you can imagine it wasn't cheap. The first time I tried to pay the deposit through my cruises it said this cabin was currently unavailable and try again so I tried again later but this time instead of the deposit it took the final payment off my credit card. This cruise was for Dec 2015 so I would never have paid the full amount. I rang within minutes to try and cancel this payment.

Now 5 1/2 weeks on and 8 phone calls later (which were for a minimum of 40 minutes each) we are still waiting for that refund.

Has anyone else suffered from this incompetence. It takes only hours for the money to appear on the credit card and months to get it back.

No. I had a 300.00 price drop right before my final payment a couple weeks ago. I wanted it refunded back to my card. I called Thursday morning to get the price drop. Saturday morning I had my money back.

I hope they can get it straightened out.

The worst part about all this is every time you ring they have a different story.

After 4 phones calls they realised that nothing had been refunded and it would take 5 to 10 working days to come back. Next call it would take a month. Then then next call I was told it would take 60 days.

I just wish they would get their story straight.

I'll try and not make this a too long a story but we have now been waiting for a refund from Royal for the last 5 weeks.

This all started because of their bad website. I was putting a deposit on a grand suite for an Oasis new years cruise so you can imagine it wasn't cheap. The first time I tried to pay the deposit through my cruises it said this cabin was currently unavailable and try again so I tried again later but this time instead of the deposit it took the final payment off my credit card. This cruise was for Dec 2015 so I would never have paid the full amount. I rang within minutes to try and cancel this payment.

Now 5 1/2 weeks on and 8 phone calls later (which were for a minimum of 40 minutes each) we are still waiting for that refund.

Has anyone else suffered from this incompetence. It takes only hours for the money to appear on the credit card and months to get it back.

Something must be wrong because it takes 5-6 days.

Have you checked with your credit card issuer. Bank of America once took eight weeks to issue a credit to my account because they thought it might be fraudulent. The cynic in me thinks they thought they wanted to keep my money for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe try talking to the accounting department instead of customer service? I have done that once in the past, when they were taking a very long time to straighten out some payments I had made online.

Otherwise, I have been refunded on many occasions and it has usually been a week or two at most. You can dispute the charge for now, so that you don't have to pay the balance and interest will not accrue on that amount, but you may not be able to use that card on RC in the future if you do this.

Can you believe after more phone calls and many emails RCI still haven't refunded our money. We eventually found that their system had rejected the refund even thou we received the deposit back. We have talked to some one in the local Australian office but it still goes on. If by next week we don't receive our refund we will be talking to a lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating our problems. Its now March 2nd and our money is still not refunded. The last we heard was it had been paid into our back on Feb 26th. We are now about 11000 aus dollars out of pocket with all the phones calls and interest. I don't think I have slept properly since before the New Year.

I think they are terrible I have waited since January for a refund because I had to cancel a transfer from ship to hotel because I booked a excursion still not been refunded when I phoned I get different story's all the time then last week I cancelled one of the trips I paid for still not been refunded for that either.

I think they are terrible I have waited since January for a refund because I had to cancel a transfer from ship to hotel because I booked a excursion still not been refunded when I phoned I get different story's all the time then last week I cancelled one of the trips I paid for still not been refunded for that either.

We did so many phone calls we lost count. It is harder when like you we don't live in the US and have to go through call centres. We eventually got to talk to an Australian rep by staying on the line and not choosing any of the options. That seemed to get us to reception who found the appropriate person to talk to. Clarissa was the most helpful person.

We have now been compensated for all the interest we have paid. We got some OBC for our next celebrity cruise.

We have no I'll feelings now and got on & booked another cruise.

QQ... if you prepaid the entire balance, and at some point there is a drop in price for your exact cruise and balcony level, so to speak, is there a credit given then?? TIA!

Yes, if it's before final payment date, and the new price is not restricted to new bookings.