First Impressions - Infinity en route to Ushuaia

GottaKnowWhen

My 3rd cruise, 1st on Celebrity.

Good food in MDR B, L, and D. Cafeteria ok as well. Good coffee!

I upgraded to Premium Package, probably didn't need to.

Internet has been slow but reliable.

Good service top to bottom, front to back. I feel like I am at home among old friends who happen to be looking after my every need.

Dynamite speakers. MickeyLive, Mylos, Anthony Dalton, all good.

First night, tried to find a quiet place for a late evening glass of wine. Pool Bar and Sky Bar closed. Loud, really loud recorded music in the Constellation Lounge. They said " go to the Rendevoux." Live music there. Nice music, amps turned way too loud. 2nd night we didn't bother. Last night we went to the special iCelebrity "broadway " production. Great dancing, good music, painfully loud. I mentioned my issue to Esperanza on the way into the show. Very understanding, she'll look into it. So at the end of the show there she is screaming into an over amped mic, praising the cast etc. Our cabin is quiet but I hate to have to avoid public spaces.

Everyone I saw at the first Formal dinner was appropriately dressed.

Great trip, so glad to be here!

Stan

Good service top to bottom, front to back. I feel like I am at home among old friends who happen to be looking after my every need.

First night, tried to find a quiet place for a late evening glass of wine. Pool Bar and Sky Bar closed. Loud, really loud recorded music in the Constellation Lounge. They said " go to the Rendevoux." Live music there. Nice music, amps turned way too loud. 2nd night we didn't bother. Last night we went to the special iCelebrity "broadway " production. Great dancing, good music, painfully loud. I mentioned my issue to Esperanza on the way into the show. Very understanding, she'll look into it. So at the end of the show there she is screaming into an over amped mic, praising the cast etc. Our cabin is quiet but I hate to have to avoid public spaces.

Stan

Thank you for the report! How are the seas so far?

I'm fairly sensitive to sound, I'll make sure to pack some foam earplugs in case I need them in the public venues.

Stan

Glad you're enjoying your cruise. We just did this cruise in Jan. Wait till you wake up tomorrow in Ushuaia it's beautiful! Loved the Martini Bar, Imade & Carl were great! Have a safe trip.

Irrespective of what they tell you on the ship...the ship controls the sound level...and the CD is really in charge. I suggest you stop her....ask her to look around at the age of the passengers and then to decide if she wants to play the volume at caribbean cruise levels or perhaps something more appropriate to the folks on board.

The music on our cruise on the infinity to the Antarctic was actually almost too quiet...but we had a different CD.

Thanks for the quick update. We will be boarding the Infinity in Buenos Aires on February 15th for a B2B2B set.

Glad to read that Milos is on your cruise and hope that he will be at least on the first leg of ours -- he is my favorite! First time we ever had him was on a Panama Canal cruise on the now gone Mercury.

You might, in desperation, tell the F&B manager that you aren't buying drinks at night because there is no quiet place to do so. Perhaps his desire for $'s (from those who don't have packages) might make him an ally in getting the music turned down somewhere.

Thanks for the quick update. We will be boarding the Infinity in Buenos Aires on February 15th for a B2B2B set.

Glad to read that Milos is on your cruise and hope that he will be at least on the first leg of ours -- he is my favorite! First time we ever had him was on a Panama Canal cruise on the now gone Mercury.

Quick update from the Drake Passage, North bound.

Seas have been calm, sorta, a bit bumpy from Ushuaia to the Antarctic Peninsula, but no big deal. We have seen the sun occasionally. Foggy entrance to Paradise Bay, but enough visibility through the period there to be able to enjoy. We walked with Penguins in Ushuaia (Pira Tours), found a good microbrew in a dingy old general store (El Almecen) in Ushuaia. We've seen penguins whales, and sea lions alongside the ship. We have enjoyed.

Music is still loud. We can avoid it. Morning coffee in MDR is very good imho. Food generally good, service is top notch. Esperanza is CD, I haven't met any of the other key personnel.

Quick update from the Drake Passage, North bound.

. . . Esperanza is CD, I haven't met any of the other key personnel.

Yes, Milos is with the ship through April. Saw some King Penguins etc. on an ice shelf, edge of a berg off of Elephant Island. Weather continues good, seas moderating as we head back north. Life is good.