What would you do?-Alcohol in your stateroom!

sillysarah456

It 's the best thing to take lost items to guest services. My grocery store is the first and last regular priced grocery store on the way to a majoir multiple ski area and extremely wealthy private area. Well healed folks fly in all the time and leave fancy hats and gloves picking up their groceries if they do not have them prepared and delivered..think about loosing all of that?? A couple of weeks of groceries lol. Folks who normally will not even say hello say thank you in shock if they happen to meet you at guest services carreying their fancy ski garb.

Edited to add....

I sound like a reverse snob in above comment...some folks are friendly too. Where I live smiling and saying hello is common and many get fearful outside of their "group".

The stories I love is when there is an occasional reward for honesty...we all are guilty of that initial thought and probably as a kid or a low adult moment have played "finders keepers". Same grocery store told me the story of cash..I think it was a twenty I turned in and where it would go..and to keep it..never finding home...that small of an amount.

Edited by sjn911

It is very sad that this question was even asked!

I would expect adults to know that stealing is not acceptable! That's what it would be called on land if you took something that didn't belong to you!

Who ever posted this there is something wrong with them. What does this have to do with a cruise this has to do with charector which who ever steals has none.

No, I need as much fodder as I can to show my husband he was wrong! haha

Okay, yes, we returned it, but by my insistence! It was actually pretty late, so I was worried the people in the room would be sleeping, so we called GS and they had someone come and pick it up. Also, if the had received a replacement they might be tempted to "steal" this second case, and if I had to be a good person, so did they! Let GS deal with it.

I'm glad to hear that Carnival will NOT replace it, once that room complained. This was my husbands argument.

Also, we certainly did not have enough room in our luggage for a box of Crown Royal! :P

I don't know if it was Carnival purchased or not, which could make a difference. It wasn't in the carnival "box," but it was in its own box so...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

That's awesome, returning it to GS would be my 2nd choice. Both work just as well.

We kind of had the opposite happen to us. Some folks called us on the last night and said their liquor was sent to our room by mistake because the purchaser had given the clerk the wrong room number (transposed digits). However, the liquor was not delivered to our room and we told the caller that. I didn't think they believed me.

Around 11pm we get a call from GS wanting to know why we won't return the liquor. I told them it was never delivered to our room. Half hour later I get a knock on the door and it's somebody from Carnival saying they are there to pick up the mis-delivered liquor. Again I tell them we didn't get any liquor and to leave me alone.

After they leave it dawns on me. We were on the 1st leg of a B2B and the liquor was marked to come to our room but because we were B2B it was delivered to security for storage until after the end of leg 2. Called GS and explained and their comment was something like "we didn't think of that".

Checked the next morning with GS and I was right. The liquor was delivered to security where it was ultimately retrieved and delivered to the proper room. Throughout this whole process I'm sure everyone thought we were "stealing".

GS apologized and we have one more cruise story to tell.

Edited by travler27

I am still stuck on the part about the cruise line not compensating people when they lose their alcohol. I would be angry to say the least. If they want to have a policy that they take you items then they should be responsible for them until they are returned. I remember being annoyed when we sailed on NCL and on the last day of the cruise I had to wait on line to get my booze. After hearing this I would prefer that to being told they lost it but too bad.

On our last Cruise in October we purchased 4 bottles of Vodka and never received it. Since we didn't get back to our room until after 11:00 we could talk to our room steward until the next morning. When we asked him he said he delivered all boxes to the rooms but couldn't remember if he delivered to ours.

Needless to say someone received 4 bottles of Stoli Vodka and did not return to rightful owner. I hope they enjoyed it. :mad:

I even went down to Customer Service and they said they couldn't do anything and that the crew always delivers to correct room.

We kind of had the opposite happen to us. Some folks called us on the last night and said their liquor was sent to our room by mistake because the purchaser had given the clerk the wrong room number (transposed digits). However, the liquor was not delivered to our room and we told the caller that. I didn't think they believed me.

Around 11pm we get a call from GS wanting to know why we won't return the liquor. I told them it was never delivered to our room. Half hour later I get a knock on the door and it's somebody from Carnival saying they are there to pick up the mis-delivered liquor. Again I tell them we didn't get any liquor and to leave me alone.

After they leave it dawns on me. We were on the 1st leg of a B2B and the liquor was marked to come to our room but because we were B2B it was delivered to security for storage until after the end of leg 2. Called GS and explained and their comment was something like "we didn't think of that".

Checked the next morning with GS and I was right. The liquor was delivered to security where it was ultimately retrieved and delivered to the proper room. Throughout this whole process I'm sure everyone thought we were "stealing".

GS apologized and we have one more cruise story to tell.

I guess the moral to the story here is never buy booze on a Carnival ship!:eek:

1. Either the nincompoops deliver it to the wrong cabin and you might get it back, or

2. The nincompoops deliver it to the wrong cabin and you never get it back because some low life knucklehead wants to play a poor man's Sir Charles Lytton. (the "the Phantom" from the Pink Panther movie):rolleyes:

Correction here. Those low life knuckleheads want to play a poor man's version of those two nitwit burglars from Home Alone! ;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Pardon my ignorance but I've never purchased alcohol from Carnival or brought it onboard from a port. How is it delivered? Does the steward place it in your cabin or does he/she just leave it in the hallway outside your cabin? On my last cruise it looked like everyone that purchase alcohol onboard had to pick it up from the gift shop as I saw a ton of people in the store collecting it on the last day.

We always bring liquor back. Usually some purchased from the gift shop and some while in port. It has always been delivered to our stateroom. I've never seen them leave the stuff outside in the hall. I have heard of some ships having you pick it up from the store, but that has never been our experience.

Pardon my ignorance but I've never purchased alcohol from Carnival or brought it onboard from a port. How is it delivered? Does the steward place it in your cabin or does he/she just leave it in the hallway outside your cabin? On my last cruise it looked like everyone that purchase alcohol onboard had to pick it up from the gift shop as I saw a ton of people in the store collecting it on the last day.

They will deliver it and put it inside your stateroom. You can also pick up the liquor purchased on board in the gift shop after 10:00 pm the night before disembarking if you purchase it after a certain time that evening. That is what we normally do.

I would have called the "room" and told them to meet me at guest services, that I had their booze. This way there are no bad feelings for those who didn't get it, guest services can admit to mistakes and I have a witness that the right thing was done. These days I have learned two things, one good deed goes unpunished, and there are no atta boys for doing the right thing. Except in here-
my heart. Edited by marshhawk

[quote name='travler27']We kind of had the opposite happen to us...[/quote]
We had a similar story, sort of. We changed the cabin during one cruise due to the problem in our original cabin. The cabin we got was not empty from the beginning. The family stayed there was upgraded to a higher category. Anyway, the second night we moved to our new cabin, a guy knocked our door and said they left their iPad charger in our cabin. We looked around with him but could not find his. He left without saying anything, no thank you or sorry. He must think the charger on the desk was his, but it was ours.

The next day we bumped into him and his family in Lido buffet. He saw me but did not say anything. So I said hi and asked him if they found the charger. Well, they found it. His wife misplaced it. Then they left, without saying anything else, no thank you or sorry...

We ordered from Fun Shops for Rum in our cabin and it was supposedly delivered. They tried to say one of our guests must have taken it from our room. Except no one else had our room key. Needless to say I had paid WAY too much for that Rum so I told them it needed corrected. It was fortunately but I wondered who had bonus Rum that cruise.

[quote name='mrstriceasnice']We ordered from Fun Shops for Rum in our cabin and it was supposedly delivered. They tried to say one of our guests must have taken it from our room. Except no one else had our room key. Needless to say I had paid WAY too much for that Rum so I told them it needed corrected. It was fortunately but I wondered who had bonus Rum that cruise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you preorder alcohol it is in your room when you arrive. I kind of remember there being a card with a generic message like "Here's a gift to help you enjoy your cruise" or something along those lines. I can see it going to the wroing room and a person getting in their room, finding alcohol with a message like that and thinking it's a gift from Carnival, a TA or somebody else. Especially if they're a new cruiser. Edited by travler27

[quote name='travler27']Yeah, when you preorder alcohol it is in your room when you arrive. I kind of remember there being a card with a generic message like "Here's a gift to help you enjoy your cruise" or something along those lines. I can see it going to the wroing room and a person getting in their room, finding alcohol with a message like that and thinking it's a gift from Carnival, a TA or somebody else. Especially if they're a new cruiser.[/QUOTE]

Since it was our wedding day we assumed it would come later than when we arrived since we boarded as soon as the ship cleared customs. And it had a personalized note from me to my new husband when it did arrive the next morning. They managed to deliver our champagne and strawberries while we were getting married but not our rum.

I have had the someone else's alcohol delivered to my room. I returned it promptly, without a second thought. I have also had someone else's clothes delivered to my room from laundry and found a laptop on boarding. All returned. Karma man. I have lost on ships and had returned to ME, my passport, a sweater, and a purse.