Favorite Celebrity Entertainers

67Miner

The female Impressionist Karen Grainger is one of my favourites.

I have also seen Karen Grainger and she is terrific!:D.........she is really good!!!!

I agree. The first time we met Karen, she was on Paul Gauguin. She was the Cruise Director. She told us, she hated that job, she had to get up early. :p But, she also said that is what gave her the "helping hand" to get into entertainment on ships. :)

Hi Everyone,

Some of our Celebrity favorites are Perry Grant, Lindsay Hamilton, and Mark Preston. Lately, I feel that some of Celebrity's guest performers are not of the same calibre, than in past years. I suspect they are booking cheaper acts, which is disappointing, as we've always enjoyed the entertainment.

I've always enjoyed the string quartets.

I've always enjoyed the string quartets.

Sadly, the string quartets have been slowly chipped away at, recently. :(

Last year, we could only find string trios on our cruises. Our recent Eclipse Holiday Cruise only featured a string duo -- viola & violin. However, they (Beacon Street Duo) were VERY good -- we rarely missed a chance to see them perform! :cool:

Sadly, the string quartets have been slowly chipped away at, recently. :(

Last year, we could only find string trios on our cruises. Our recent Eclipse Holiday Cruise only featured a string duo -- viola & violin. However, they (Beacon Street Duo) were VERY good -- we rarely missed a chance to see them perform! :cool:

Yes,Beacon St. was excellent. Really added a touch of class when having lunch in Murano & Tuscan Grill.

The first two that came to mind were "Cat's Pajamas" which is an acapella group on a cruise for my grandmother's 80th birthday and Jordan Peterson when we were last on the Summit.

Cat's Pajamas are still performing although mostly in the midwest. While I am not related to Jordan (a la his parents), I would highly recommend ordering his cd - its perfect when I want music to help me relax and destress.

Brooks Ahrens gets out vote
The same here.

We have been on a number of cruises that had good pianists whom we enjoyed, but Brooks Ahren was the best of them all, in a class of his own.

Unfortunately, we have not seen him on any recent cruises.

Another fan of Jordan Peterson:) I always enjoy listening to him and

hopefully one day will be able to do that again.:)

I have also seen Karen Grainger and she is terrific!:D...if she has been

with Crystal for the past couple of years? She was with Celebrity

before then......I can't remember when I saw her:eek:.....but I am almost

positive it was on SUMMIT.....she is really good!!!!

I saw Karen on Crystal Symphony in October and she had an awesome production show with singers and dancers. She has been on that ship for over 2 years! She told me her contract is up in February and she will be back to ship hopping on various lines including Celebrity, RC, HAL etc starting in March :)

The name of the cruise line is Celebrity. Wouldn't it be nice to every once in awhile have a "named" Celebrity perform? We saw the Celebrity singers and dancers and they are very good. The Cirque show was terrific. Unfortunately, the rest didn't turn us on again (no name recognition) and we didn't go to the theater. I know, our loss but that's how it is for us.

The name of the cruise line is Celebrity. Wouldn't it be nice to every once in awhile have a "named" Celebrity perform? ....

If they're doing away with Fresh OJ to cut costs the chances of getting Streisand are slim :D

P and O sometimes apparently has the odd D list celebrity from the 1970s doing an hour - people like Tom O'Connor. They also do a few celebrity chef tie ins where the chef will be on board and are are also doing a TV Dance Show tie in. Cunard seems to get the odd better one for its Queen Mary World Cruise.

Celebrity ran some wine cruises last year around Europe, I heard that the relatively well known wine expert who was supposed to be on the cruise didn't make it in the end.

Edited by DYKWIA

Speaking of celebrities, be careful what you wish for.

We were on Princess several years ago and had Willie Tyler & Lester appear. It was a painful experience. I wanted to see the vibrant funny act "they" were in the '70s. Instead, half the show was Willie and Tyler singing "together."

I imagine cruise ship budgets don't particularly allow for top bill performers.

I tend to like the comedians on board and would like to see an all-comedy cruise. On the condition that no comedian can do "cruise humor." No buffet or toilet jokes.