DCL girl will be on Radiance this summer...

The Alaskan Running Cruise I went on last summer on HAL is going RCCL this year - Radiance of the Seas!

I decided on an interior cabin this time because while I loved my verandah last summer, I really found myself skipping some group social time to make it worth the cost of a verandah - and even an ocean view was about twice as much, so I decided I'd try it. Any advice? (Changing isn't an option as I'm not doing verandah again, and we have sold out of the group's allotment of ocean view.)

What do I need to know about Radiance? :)

You will love the Radiance - she was built specifically with Alaska cruises in mind with ocean views from every venue!

There's a 24hr coffee station on Deck 11 Starboard in the Windjammer Verandah. The pub and movie theater are tucked away on Deck 6 forward. The pub generally hosts trivia in the evenings -- it was a must do for us last summer.

The Boardwalk Doghouse on Deck 11 Port side is no fee, so enjoy a variety of hot dogs there! The Park Café in the Solarium (adult pool) on Deck 11 is also no fee and have sandwiches/Panini's, salads, desserts, etc. When the Windjammer is kinda crazy, it's a nice place to go to avoid long lines.

You can also go out on the helipad on Deck 6 forward for a "I'm king of the world" Titanic moment.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

You will love the Radiance - she was built specifically with Alaska cruises in mind with ocean views from every venue!

There's a 24hr coffee station on Deck 11 Starboard in the Windjammer Verandah. The pub and movie theater are tucked away on Deck 6 forward. The pub generally hosts trivia in the evenings -- it was a must do for us last summer.

The Boardwalk Doghouse on Deck 11 Port side is no fee, so enjoy a variety of hot dogs there! The Park Café in the Solarium (adult pool) on Deck 11 is also no fee and have sandwiches/Panini's, salads, desserts, etc. When the Windjammer is kinda crazy, it's a nice place to go to avoid long lines.

You can also go out on the helipad on Deck 6 forward for a "I'm king of the world" Titanic moment.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Thanks so much!!

Is the coffee station you mention included or is that one with pay-extra coffee? I'm debating drink packages this year - I opted not to get one on HAL this past summer and resell regretted it as I only budgeted a set amount for on board spending and with things besides drinks, it dwindled fast. Knowing how my group likes to socialize, I know I won't regret getting a package. I'm just trying to figure out if I want ultimate or premium.

Thanks so much!!

Is the coffee station you mention included or is that one with pay-extra coffee? I'm debating drink packages this year - I opted not to get one on HAL this past summer and resell regretted it as I only budgeted a set amount for on board spending and with things besides drinks, it dwindled fast. Knowing how my group likes to socialize, I know I won't regret getting a package. I'm just trying to figure out if I want ultimate or premium.

The Verandah 24hr coffee station only has self serve regular coffee, hot tea, and water. For lattes, cappuccinos, etc. you'd have to pay extra or get a package where it's included (and go where it's offered). Café Latte-tudes on Deck 5 sells those specialty coffees. In order to get the premium coffees in a drink package, you'd have to go with the ultimate.

The Verandah 24hr coffee station only has self serve regular coffee, hot tea, and water. For lattes, cappuccinos, etc. you'd have to pay extra or get a package where it's included (and go where it's offered). Café Latte-tudes on Deck 5 sells those specialty coffees. In order to get the premium coffees in a drink package, you'd have to go with the ultimate.

Again, thanks so much!! Knowing that I can purchase the drink packages even on board will make it a bit easier as I can see what our run and free-time schedule will be and if I'd be getting specialty coffees or not and how often before deciding. (We'll have the general schedule a little in advance of sailing.)

Again, thanks so much!! Knowing that I can purchase the drink packages even on board will make it a bit easier as I can see what our run and free-time schedule will be and if I'd be getting specialty coffees or not and how often before deciding. (We'll have the general schedule a little in advance of sailing.)

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise, you're going love the Radiance!

Thanks!

As to the night lights, yeah...I figured I'd take one or two. :)

Get a couple of led tea lights I got that idea hear on cc and tried it last cruise 1 light in the bathroom or on the desk is sufficient to get back and forth to the bathroom at night!

Get a couple of led tea lights I got that idea hear on cc and tried it last cruise 1 light in the bathroom or on the desk is sufficient to get back and forth to the bathroom at night!

Great idea on the tea lights...I brought night lights for my daughters when I got them their own inside cabin and they didn't fit in the outlets...wish I had those tea lights then!!

We did the southbound route on the Radiance in August 2012. Fantastic! Can't wait to do it again. Make sure to take your camera, etc. My wife says it's a photographer's dream.

Here's a link to her website in case you're interested in seeing the slide shows she made with some of her pictures from that cruise

Radiance of the Seas - Southbound Alaska Cruise

Alaska is amazing! Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We had the royal replenish....non alcohol package and got cappuccinos etc included on the Radiance.

We did the southbound route on the Radiance in August 2012. Fantastic! Can't wait to do it again. Make sure to take your camera, etc. My wife says it's a photographer's dream.

Here's a link to her website in case you're interested in seeing the slide shows she made with some of her pictures from that cruise

Radiance of the Seas - Southbound Alaska Cruise

Alaska is amazing! Happy cruising!

Thanks so much! :) We're on the southbound as well. Last year I cruised with the same group (The Great Alaskan Running Cruise) on Holland round trip from Seattle, so I'm excited to see some new places and see some sort of familiar places. :)

The pictures are great!

Another vote for a battery or similar nightlight. You don't have numerous plugs, plus sometimes nightlights don't fit because of their shape. Another option is a flashlight. Personally like the battery/LED type - used the ones that look like "domes" - the kind that are wireless that you can put in a closet - they give a little more light than a tealight kind.