Laundry

Yes, see this is one of the reasons I will never send laundry out. I will wash out a few things in the shower myself and hang them to dry before I send it out. I wouldn't expect laundry to come back smelling like flowers or such (allergies, sensitivities, Save the Waves program, etc.) but I would hope they'd smell like, well, nothing.. then you know they are clean, at least. ;)

Oh I def didn't want them coming back smelling like roses but i also didn't expect them to come back smelling yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just two thoughts:

First, I just wanted to share about how much my husband and I fit into one of those $30 laundry bags on our last cruise (a 14 night Med cruise out of Southampton). I believe we had (approximately) 10 t-shirts, 3 tank tops, 10 pairs boxers, 10 pairs knickers, 20 pairs of socks, 1 pair of shorts, and a pair of ladies pj's. So in terms of value for money, we DEFINITELY got our money's worth. A few days into the cruise the 'special' was offered in the Cruise Compass but we were nowhere near ready to do it, so halfway through the cruise we asked our stateroom attendant when it would next be available, and a few minutes later he delivered a bag and the paperwork for it.

Second, I have always thought of a cruise as an extension of a really nice hotel, which have NEVER offered self-service laundering facilities. Only once in my life have I been at a hotel which did have laundering facilities, and it was one of those extended-stay ones aimed at business people. The only other times I have had self-service laundering facilities is when I have stayed in a self-catering location--whether a rented condo, villa, or at a timeshare resort. Therefore, I would personally not be expecting any self-service facilities in a non-self-catering environment.

Unfort we recieved our clothes back the last day so bags had to be packed and put out that night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then a credit which would have remove that laundry cost from your onboard account would have likely been given.

Just curious.. how does RCI sort out laundry that comes to them in lots of little bags? Do they put your clothes in a separate machine? Throw them all together after marking them some way? I guess the thought of my clothes mixed in a huge washer with everyone else's is not too appealing. Silly I guess...

While on the AOS we sent out laundry.. we used their check off list and how many.. I rolled the items up (military folding) very tight and alternated them in the plastic bag they give.

You can actually stuff them bag to the top. Got three bags of folded clothes the next day.

Did it two days before cruise ended.. was so nice to pack clean clothes and not having to do laundry when getting home.

Just curious.. how does RCI sort out laundry that comes to them in lots of little bags?

Our experience is:

1.for the 'special' bag of T-shirts, underwear, shorts, PJ's etc, they put the whole lot in a mesh washing bag & throw it in the machine that way. The more you scrunch in, the more they are scrunched up. The contents are then folded and put back in a bag for return to you. This method gives variable results in terms of cleanliness & often a lot of creases

2. for regular 'pay per item' laundry, they put washmarks on each item and wash them similarly to a land laundry operation ie not contained in a mesh bag. Your stuff comes back on hangers &/or folded as appropriate

We use both options on board as DW is on vacation as well & doesn't need to be doing laundry. We did 34 consecutive nights last year and used the laundry services as needed - no complaints

Just curious.. how does RCI sort out laundry that comes to them in lots of little bags? Do they put your clothes in a separate machine? Throw them all together after marking them some way? I guess the thought of my clothes mixed in a huge washer with everyone else's is not too appealing. Silly I guess...

Our experience is:

1.for the 'special' bag of T-shirts, underwear, shorts, PJ's etc, they put the whole lot in a mesh washing bag & throw it in the machine that way. The more you scrunch in, the more they are scrunched up. The contents are then folded and put back in a bag for return to you. This method gives variable results in terms of cleanliness & often a lot of creases

2. for regular 'pay per item' laundry, they put washmarks on each item and wash them similarly to a land laundry operation ie not contained in a mesh bag. Your stuff comes back on hangers &/or folded as appropriate

We use both options on board as DW is on vacation as well & doesn't need to be doing laundry. We did 34 consecutive nights last year and used the laundry services as needed - no complaints

So yes, your clothes are washed in a huge machine with other people's, but in their own mesh bag, or with a marking on them.

I wish RCI would have an unlimited laundry package for a reasonable fee.

Yes!!! We went on Windstar a year and a half ago and they offered unlimited laundry for a flat $100.00 per stateroom!!!! We sent out laundry every day just cause we could!!! Went home with all clean clothes!! It was worth it and awesome!