Laundry

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas in May and we are wondering if there is a laundramat onboard so we can do some wash. I hate sending it out for the price they want! Saves on packing too! Thanks!

RCI doesn't have do it yourself laundry on any of their ships fleetwide...sorry...However they do offer (certain nights..check with your cabin steward) a wash-n-fold all you can stuff in a bag for approx $25-30.00.

We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas in May and we are wondering if there is a laundramat onboard so we can do some wash. I hate sending it out for the price they want! Saves on packing too! Thanks!

noen of the ships in the Royal feet have self serve facilities at all. about half way through there will be a bag left on your bed for a special all you can stuff for one price( usually good for undies and tee shirts)

I like to wait for the special wash & fold bag special, but they only take small things like socks, pjs, t-shirts, and the like. But I will say, when sending things out, I have always been happy with the results.

If princess can offer self service laundry why can't royal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess they don't feel a need to!:D Seriously, while some might be interested in having a self service laundry, it is not something I would want. I have managed to go on cruises as long as 45 days without having to use a laundry room!:D

Sherri:)

If princess can offer self service laundry why can't royal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If Royal can offer a flow rider why can't Princess? Equally dumb question. I have sailed on other lines that had laundries and never had a desire to do laundry on vacation.

The price they want is cheaper than my dry cleaners at home.:)

I go for 2 weeks at a time and always use the wash and fold service. Sometimes if I have something else that needs washing (like I spilled something while eating :eek: ) I use the on board service and have always been happy with it.

And it is cheaper then at home too!

Thank you for the replies about no laundromats onboard RCCL ships. I'm thrilled to know that some of you have no desire to do your own laundry while onboard. I, however, asked the question because I like having the option.

I think having the option is nice, too. I'm cruising on Princess for the first time early next year and that's one of the things I was glad to see!

No laundry machines on board for the Guests. It is 20.00 for a bag of items to be done.

I appreciated the question too. I didn't worry about laundry when it was just two or three of us cruising for a week, but now that we are seven (5 kids) and taking a 15 night cruise it has concerned me. We will have to travel with less clothes for each of us and budget for laundry service.

I like RCL but would appreciate the option of self serve laundry like we've used on Disney. I don't really like sending out my underwear for someone else to wash. Even though we'll have to use laundry service for pants and shirts since we can't pack a lot or expect our young kids to stay clean, I'll still bring 15 pairs of underwear for each of us. We'll just all buy a new pack and bring our more worn undies too and dispose of the worn ones after we wear them on the ship.

FWIW, I don't think Flowrider and self serve laundry facilities are comparable. Laundry is more of a basic need. I respect that it's RCL's decision to include it or not. We'll see how this first long cruise goes for our big family. If laundry is an issue, we'll weigh it more heavily when choosing which cruiseline we choose for our next long cruise.

I appreciated the question too. I didn't worry about laundry when it was just two or three of us cruising for a week, but now that we are seven (5 kids) and taking a 15 night cruise it has concerned me. We will have to travel with less clothes for each of us and budget for laundry service.

I like RCL but would appreciate the option of self serve laundry like we've used on Disney. I don't really like sending out my underwear for someone else to wash. Even though we'll have to use laundry service for pants and shirts since we can't pack a lot or expect our young kids to stay clean, I'll still bring 15 pairs of underwear for each of us. We'll just all buy a new pack and bring our more worn undies too and dispose of the worn ones after we wear them on the ship.

FWIW, I don't think Flowrider and self serve laundry facilities are comparable. Laundry is more of a basic need. I respect that it's RCL's decision to include it or not. We'll see how this first long cruise goes for our big family. If laundry is an issue, we'll weigh it more heavily when choosing which cruiseline we choose for our next long cruise.

To each his own!:eek::D

FWIW, I don't think Flowrider and self serve laundry facilities are comparable.

I don't think the point of that comment was to imply the two were comparable in terms of needs. It's just point out that the "why can't they..." question is rather silly. Of course, they could offer a laundry area on their ships. But they, like other lines, make choices of what to offer.

Some people see no need for a laundry-mat, just as others see no need for a rock wall or skating rink.

I have to disagree! I am another one who doesn't mind using the wash and fold bag (if necessary). I would not do laundry on vacation - had enough of laundromats many years ago and waiting for people who left and did not come back in time to empty their loads! I don't think a laundromat is a basic need - if you really don't want to use the ship's laundry, then find somewhere and do it on a shore day. Prices for the wash and fold bag are reasonable, and the regular dry cleaning and laundry prices are cheaper than I pay at home.

I don't understand why you won't let someone else wash underwear - do you take your own towels, linens, etc. - it's the same idea! Also, if you absolutely don't want to send laundry out wash a few things in your cabin and hang in the shower to dry - you could do that for underwear. Also many fabrics are very quick dry nowadays and can be dried that way. On a 15-day cruise I have often washed things in the sink and hung to dry in the bathroom.

I go for 2 weeks at a time and always use the wash and fold service. Sometimes if I have something else that needs washing (like I spilled something while eating :eek: ) I use the on board service and have always been happy with it.

And it is cheaper then at home too!

It is quite reasonable and so convenient.

I like to wait for the special wash & fold bag special, but they only take small things like socks, pjs, t-shirts, and the like. But I will say, when sending things out, I have always been happy with the results.

Does this mean you can't include things like shorts or pants?