Laundry

The wash and fold bag option, is that only available one day or is it available all the time (but at a discount one day). Are other forms of wash and fold available, such as by the piece? Does anyone have prices for any of these? None of our clothes need pressing.

The wash and fold bag option, is that only available one day or is it available all the time (but at a discount one day). Are other forms of wash and fold available, such as by the piece? Does anyone have prices for any of these? None of our clothes need pressing.

The wash and fold is usually bag given once per 7 day cruise. However, you may be able to get it on demand from your stateroom attendant.

This is the latest laundry price list I've seen posted here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

I travel light and use their laundry service everyday. Unfortunately, like any laundry service, they sometimes ruin one of my pieces by burning it while pressing, breaking a button, or touching it with a magic marker while filling out the tag on the hanger. I can't imagine what craziness goes on in their laundry facility servicing 5000 people, staterooms and dining rooms.

Buy hey, I only have one medium suitcase to haul around so I put up with it.

I'm still a bit confused on the bag special. Is it Royal Caribbean policy to only allow small items? I don't iron at home so I'm not worried about them not being ironed. I am trying to pack light and would love to know if I can put pants and shirts into the bag. Thanks!

I'm still a bit confused on the bag special. Is it Royal Caribbean policy to only allow small items? I don't iron at home so I'm not worried about them not being ironed. I am trying to pack light and would love to know if I can put pants and shirts into the bag. Thanks!

The bag is not very large and wont fit most clothing items. Just undies and tee shirts

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

The wash and fold bag has specific items that will be covered by the flat fee. Other items will be charged normal laundry prices. Covered items are things like socks, underwear, pajamas, t-shirts, and shorts. There is a list of covered items with the bag.

While I understand that some would hate the idea of doing laundry while on a cruise. I think it would be nice if they had both options.

With the bag that you give RCC to do. How quickly do you get it back? Is it say taken in morning and delivered back in the evening?

Thanks

While I understand that some would hate the idea of doing laundry while on a cruise. I think it would be nice if they had both options.

With the bag that you give RCC to do. How quickly do you get it back? Is it say taken in morning and delivered back in the evening?

Thanks

The turnaround time for us has been 1.5 days if we turn in the bag in the morning and 2 days if we turn in the bag in the evening.

No laundry machines on board for the Guests. It is 20.00 for a bag of items to be done.

The wash and fold laundry bag special has gone up to $30. It was this price on our last Nov. Serenade TA and our recent B2B2B Navigator cruises.:(

The good news for us is that last Navigator cruise made us D+ so now we each get one free as a D+ benefit for our upcoming cruise.:)

Just a quick note. The wash and fold bag option was not available on the EX 1/18/15 6 day cruise. The problem is that I was on the previous 9 day cruise and the laundry was on day 4. Luckily the room steward was able to get it done for us.

Just a quick note. The wash and fold bag option was not available on the EX 1/18/15 6 day cruise. The problem is that I was on the previous 9 day cruise and the laundry was on day 4. Luckily the room steward was able to get it done for us.

So you can only get laundry done on a set time during your cruise? It's not available every day?

Have to say $30 is a LOT..

We use the wash-and-fold service for $30. If you roll the clothes before putting them in the bag, you'd be surprised just how much will fit into that bag. I was able to wash all our t-shirts, underwear, socks, several men's swim trunks and shorts.

On our first cruise, I'll admit to being panicked when I found out there was no laundry service on board. Being accustomed to a condo, I always did laundry. I'll never do laundry on vacation again. In fact, the idea of seeing the washer and dryer in a condo now panics me. I know ahead of time that I'm going to use the wash 'n fold special and it's an expense I budget for. There will be a couple of days on almost every cruise that you will be in a swimsuit. We always buy a couple of t-shirts as souvenirs. The nylon or quick wick shorts and tops most kids (and even us adults) wear now are easy to include in the wash 'n fold bag or to wash in the sink and hang to dry. We don't wear proper pjs and never have. We use a pair of gym short (men and women) and a t-shirt. I carry a stain stick (someone always spills) and I wash it out after dinner in the sink, use the "roll" method to get as much water as possible out of it and hang it on the back of a chair (with BIG clothes pins) to dry or hang it in the shower overnight. I can stuff a lot of underwear, shorts and t-shirts (especially kid sizes) and we very seldom have more than a couple of pair of socks because we're in flip-flops or sandals most of the time. It's an inconvenience for some, but not for most. You might find that you don't like it and want to consider another line. For most, it's actually not a problem and in fact, it's a blessing they weren't expecting it to be. If not, you're right that you might want to choose another cruise line because I don't see it being added. There are not a lot of people that suggest adding self-service laundry on Royal Caribbean ships.

We use the wash-and-fold service for $30. If you roll the clothes before putting them in the bag, you'd be surprised just how much will fit into that bag. I was able to wash all our t-shirts, underwear, socks, several men's swim trunks and shorts.

Yes, it's surprising how much one can fit if you do that as the laundry bags on our recent cruises were plastic and would stretch to be larger when packed tightly with clothes. ;)

3wks ago i was on the Mariner. They had a special for $30 unlimited amount (or wat could fit in the paper bag). Since the cruise was 7 nights we thought we might aswell do some washing. Well the clothes came back not smelling very nice at all, they def didn't smell clean. Pretty disappointing.

3wks ago i was on the Mariner. They had a special for $30 unlimited amount (or wat could fit in the paper bag). Since the cruise was 7 nights we thought we might aswell do some washing. Well the clothes came back not smelling very nice at all, they def didn't smell clean. Pretty disappointing.

If you had complained about this to the service desk, IMO they would have arranged to re-wash your clothes for free and ensured this was done properly the second time. ;)

Unbelievable that a thread on doing laundry on vacation has gotten to 45 posts................:D Maybe there are people who want to wash dishes and vacuum the floors too???:rolleyes:

My wife is a cleaning fanatic and might just volunteer for these chores!:eek:

...Since the cruise was 7 nights we thought we might as well do some washing. Well the clothes came back not smelling very nice at all, they def didn't smell clean. Pretty disappointing.

Yes, see this is one of the reasons I will never send laundry out. I will wash out a few things in the shower myself and hang them to dry before I send it out. I wouldn't expect laundry to come back smelling like flowers or such (allergies, sensitivities, Save the Waves program, etc.) but I would hope they'd smell like, well, nothing.. then you know they are clean, at least. ;)

If you had complained about this to the service desk, IMO they would have arranged to re-wash your clothes for free and ensured this was done properly the second time. ;)

Unfort we recieved our clothes back the last day so bags had to be packed and put out that night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk