Mini Bar Setup

atdahop

This is info on the elite minibar setup...

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non- alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini- bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Depends on the ship. Just off the Emerald last Sunday and my options from room service were to trade alcohol for coffee card and/or trade non alcohol items for coffee card or trade entire setup for 2 coffee cards. Specifically asked to trade entire setup for one coffee card and mixture of Sprite and Diet Coke and was told no. Room Service stated they only trade for coffee cards.

Depends on the ship. Just off the Emerald last Sunday and my options from room service were to trade alcohol for coffee card and/or trade non alcohol items for coffee card or trade entire setup for 2 coffee cards. Specifically asked to trade entire setup for one coffee card and mixture of Sprite and Diet Coke and was told no. Room Service stated they only trade for coffee cards.

Based on the Captain's Circle FAQs that I previously posted this is consistent with their policy. It's a full minibar setup for 2 coffee cards & spliting the minibar (1 coffee card & soda or alcohol) is a violation of their stated policy.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Sorry, but does not depend on the ship. Full mini bar for two coffee cards is the only option. Or, full mini bar for one bottle of cheapie wine.

As I stated, the Emerald does not follow the policy. I requested exchanging the alcohol for soft drinks which is in compliance with the policy. I was told I could exchange the entire setup for 2 coffee cards or exchange nothing.

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis is the quote of the policy and I was refused the exchange. As I stated, depends on the ship and the way they handle the policy.

Not trying to start a problem, just stating that the Emerald did not follow Princess policy, so I am stating it depends on the ship and how they handle it so other passengers do not plan on exchanging the mini bar and find out it will not work.

As I stated, the Emerald does not follow the policy. I requested exchanging the alcohol for soft drinks which is in compliance with the policy. I was told I could exchange the entire setup for 2 coffee cards or exchange nothing.

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis is the quote of the policy and I was refused the exchange. As I stated, depends on the ship and the way they handle the policy.

Not trying to start a problem, just stating that the Emerald did not follow Princess policy, so I am stating it depends on the ship and how they handle it so other passengers do not plan on exchanging the mini bar and find out it will not work.

Something is wrong. Very wrong. Yes, the Emerald does follow the same procedure, so you evidently got some dummy who told you otherwise. You should have followed thru further with the front desk and/or CC rep. You could have had soda or beer or water for any alcoholic beverage.

We were on the Emerald last October for a 17 day TA followed by a 5 day cruise out of Houston. On both cruises we exchanged our mini-bar for 8 Dos Equis in addition to the two that were already there.

Edited by billco

We were on the Emerald last October for a 17 day TA followed by a 5 day cruise out of Houston. On both cruises we exchanged our mini-bar for 8 Dos Equis in addition to the two that were already there.

Mike prefers Becks and if you ask, you can have that or something else other than the DosEquis.

I have always exchanged the mini-bar alcohol for Coors Light. Room service said I could only get Dos Equis. No amount of discussion would allow them to give me what I wanted. I went to the Captain's Circle host who absolutely refused to allow my request. She went so far as to say Dos Equis was all that was allowed and said it has always been Princess policy. When I mentioned that I had always been able to make the exchange for Coors Light she indicated that she would report it to Corporate and anyone that had done the exchange for me in the past would be disciplined. Needless to say she ranked at the top of the worst Princess folks I have encountered and there are only a couple of them, everyone else on all the ships we have dialed have ben fantastic. Not because she denied my request, but because of her overall attitude.

I have always exchanged the mini-bar alcohol for Coors Light. Room service said I could only get Dos Equis. No amount of discussion would allow them to give me what I wanted. I went to the Captain's Circle host who absolutely refused to allow my request. She went so far as to say Dos Equis was all that was allowed and said it has always been Princess policy. When I mentioned that I had always been able to make the exchange for Coors Light she indicated that she would report it to Corporate and anyone that had done the exchange for me in the past would be disciplined. Needless to say she ranked at the top of the worst Princess folks I have encountered and there are only a couple of them, everyone else on all the ships we have dialed have ben fantastic. Not because she denied my request, but because of her overall attitude.

Crazy. I recall getting Coors too, but in recent times he wants Becks, so he gets Becks. And this is on every ship, so obviously corporate as she put it, does not enter the equation. Our recent changes were Coral, Ruby, Crown and Royal.

This was on the Island repositioning from San Francisco to FLL last September. Never had the problem on previous ships which included the Coral, Star, and Sapphire. I noted my concerns on the customer survey but never heard from anyone at Princess. And quite frankly never expected to.

Edited by TM

Mike prefers Becks and if you ask, you can have that or something else other than the DosEquis.

Crazy. I recall getting Coors too, but in recent times he wants Becks, so he gets Becks. And this is on every ship, so obviously corporate as she put it, does not enter the equation. Our recent changes were Coral, Ruby, Crown and Royal.

Becks & Dos Equis have been my options although once I requested Heineken and apparently they made a mistake by giving me them to me.

I remember when the CC rep was the onboard advocate for passengers & not someone to rat out crew to HQ. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Becks & Dos Equis have been my options although once I requested Heineken and apparently they made a mistake by giving me them to me.

I remember when the CC rep was the onboard advocate for passengers & not someone to rat out crew to HQ. :eek:

+1 :)

Srpilo

Anyone know if we can exchange the mini-bar for Strongbow Hard Cider?