CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Thank you for your reply. How did you like the Anthem?

Where did you park in the new garage or old parking lot?

I noticed the Anthem is sailing on April 30 from the port, does

anyone know what the the parking situation will be i.e, will there be any available parking on May 1 for the Summit.

Thanks for your help

If the garage is full, there is still plenty of outdoor parking. Summit only sails from Cape Liberty May to Oct.

Is there a time that's too early for Port Liberty? I see a suggestion of 10AM for embarkation, would it be too early to arrive at 9 and visit the tier?

Roy

If you arrive at 9 am, you can visit the 911 Memorial area, but an hour might be a bit long for that. I'd arrive between 9:30 and 10 so you can drop off luggage curbside, check out the memorial, and then check in. Anthem boarding has started as early as 11. Don't know if that is the same for Summit.

There's really nothing else to do at the port except people watch - no nearby stores or services.

Thank you for your reply. How did you like the Anthem?

Where did you park in the new garage or old parking lot?

I noticed the Anthem is sailing on April 30 from the port, does

anyone know what the the parking situation will be i.e, will there be any available parking on May 1 for the Summit.

Thanks for your help

We liked the Anthem. The staterooms were really nice. Lots to do and nice to be on a new ship.

We have parked in the new garage on our last 2 cruises - 10/22/15 (day it opened) and 3/7/16.

I answered on the other thread you posted on that since your May 1st cruise is the first cruise Summit is doing out of NJ since the new garage opened we won't know about parking situation until then. We are planning on taking 2 Summit cruises this year so I hope we get to park in the garage. I am spoiled now.

Is it correct that you can drop off bags in the garage?

I have never seen that. In all my cruises (15) out of Cape Liberty they make you pull over before you get to the parking area to drop of your bags with a porter.

If you want to park and carry your own bags on or carry them back to the porter drop off you can do that, but much easier to drop them off and then go park.

I have never seen that. In all my cruises (15) out of Cape Liberty they make you pull over before you get to the parking area to drop of your bags with a porter.

If you want to park and carry your own bags on or carry them back to the porter drop off you can do that, but much easier to drop them off and then go park.

Saw in a previous post that someone did that, was trying to get verification. Thanks for your response.

On our January Anthem cruise, we arrived at the port around 11:00 am. There was already a 20-30 minute line to drop bags. There is not a shortcut to the garage that bypasses the check-in line.

As you arrive at bag drop area, tell the person directing traffic that you are parking in the garage - you can skip past the curbside drop off area and go directly to the garage. The garage has their own bag drop area on the ground level. Then go up the ramp and pay for your parking. Remember where you parked (don't ask).

Here's a good tip - there will be check-in personnel with iPads by the elevator on the ground floor. You can check in right there with no waiting. They will stamp your set sail pass indicating that you have checked in. Go through security and if they have started general boarding, just walk onto the ship. Head for Cafe 270 (aft) and enjoy one of the roast beef sandwiches.

Lou

From a different thread. Has anyone done this? Any help is appreciated. TIA

When you drop off your bags at Terminal then proceed to garage are the bags in a secure location and/or do they then take care of loading them on ship? The Baltimore Pier does it that way - you drop off and go park and the next thing you know the bags are at your cabin door. Or do you need to park and come back to retrieve your bags before entering the Terminal?

We (me, DH,DS8,DS6) are planning to stay at the Ramada the night before our cruise (through trinity reservations). It will be about a 3 hr drive to get there, we are trying to decide when to leave. There does not seem to be much to do in the area and the hotel does not have a pool.

We have kicked around going to a Yankee game or going into the city but we can pretty much do these things any time and we have done both before.

Any suggestions for something low key to do that afternoon/evening so as not to be stuck in the room with the kids? We may just leave the house later in the afternoon but I know everyone will be anxious to go and we would prefer to be there and not have to worry about the drive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We (me, DH,DS8,DS6) are planning to stay at the Ramada the night before our cruise (through trinity reservations). It will be about a 3 hr drive to get there, we are trying to decide when to leave. There does not seem to be much to do in the area and the hotel does not have a pool.

We have kicked around going to a Yankee game or going into the city but we can pretty much do these things any time and we have done both before.

Any suggestions for something low key to do that afternoon/evening so as not to be stuck in the room with the kids? We may just leave the house later in the afternoon but I know everyone will be anxious to go and we would prefer to be there and not have to worry about the drive.

How about the Liberty Science Museum at Liberty State Park? http://lsc.org Have you been to the Statue of Liberty? You can also go out there or to Ellis Island from Liberty State Park. IMO no need to make advance reservations to go to the SOL in the afternoon from NJ.

How about the Liberty Science Museum at Liberty State Park? http://lsc.org Have you been to the Statue of Liberty? You can also go out there or to Ellis Island from Liberty State Park. IMO no need to make advance reservations to go to the SOL in the afternoon from NJ.

How far is Liberty State Park? If we got to the hotel early afternoon do you think that Statue of Liberty/and or Ellis Island would be doable? For some reason I was thinking we'd have to find our way into Manhattan first and it would be about an hour each way. If we can go directly from New Jersey that would be great - kids would love it!

How far is Liberty State Park? If we got to the hotel early afternoon do you think that Statue of Liberty/and or Ellis Island would be doable? For some reason I was thinking we'd have to find our way into Manhattan first and it would be about an hour each way. If we can go directly from New Jersey that would be great - kids would love it!

The Ramada is at Exit 14 the NJ Turnpike and Liberty State Park is at Exit 14B. Should be about 20-30 minutes. Ferry parking is $7. Here's a sample ferry schedule: https://www.statuecruises.com/departure-schedule#/?day=4_9_2016

When you come back, you can go the Jersey Gardens Mall at exit 13A for a food court, Johnny Rockets, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, or IHOP if that works with the kids.

Edited by 138east

And what about on the way back? Do you carry them if yourselves?

Lots of folks do self disembarkation at Cape Liberty, but it is not required. If you don't carry off, there are porters available in the arrival area to assist with your luggage.

Hi - we are sailing to Bermuda on the Summit at the end of May. We are thinking about arriving at the Cape Liberty terminal after lunch - maybe about 1:30 pm so we can go directly to our stateroom. (Sail-away is at 4 pm.)

Is there any disadvantage to arriving later rather than earlier? We'll just be coming from one of the airport hotels so not a long drive.

Also - we arrive back to Cape Liberty ~7 am on a Sunday and our flight does not depart from EWR until about 1:30 pm. Other than the ship excursion, is there any type of NYC tour that we could get, or will the livery drivers who are at the terminal provide a driving tour for an additional fee with a drop of at the airport?

Thanks so much - Kay

Do you know if the Carnival Sunshine leaves from Cape Liberty or Manhattan? (I might be wrong in even thinking there are two ports in New York.) We will be doing the New England/Canada cruise in the fall and hope to spend two days in New York prior to the cruise.

We do not even know at this point which New York airport we should use or when in New York we should stay.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.