Switchin ships for B2B

getaway101

Does anyone know the process for doing a b2b with Princess but on two different ships? I guess technically its not a b2b if it's 2 different ships, but we will be on the Royal for 7 days and then upon disembarkation will embark on the Caribbean Princess. Does Princess help with this or are we on our own to get to next ship? :confused::confused:

Unfortunately, you are on your own.

We did this last month. Talk to a porter he will tell you how to catch the shuttle that they use to transfer crew from ship to ship.We were the first to get on CB That day.

Don

We did a B2B on Regal Princess and Nieuw Amsterdam. We got off the Regal, caught a cab and asked him to take us to the Nieuw Amsterdam. It was around $8.00 and we tipped him too.

FYI, we asked for the latest disembarkation from the Regal, which was about 9:50. By the time we got off, got our luggage, went through immigration, went out and got a cab, the time was just perfect to check in at the New Amsterdam.

Does anyone know the process for doing a b2b with Princess but on two different ships? I guess technically its not a b2b if it's 2 different ships, but we will be on the Royal for 7 days and then upon disembarkation will embark on the Caribbean Princess. Does Princess help with this or are we on our own to get to next ship? :confused::confused:

We did that in November. After repeated visits to Future Cruise Consultant and Passengers Services Desk we were told to use the hotel transfer bus and that it would stop for us at Caribbean Princess which was at a terminal usually used by HAL. Well, it was such a mess and noise from all buses, plus the outside coordinator had no info on us, we just got a cab to the new terminal. Gave the cabby a $20 since he had lost his place in a long line plus did not give us a hard time. We had last debarkation and went right to the check in for Caribbean Princess.

Disembark Royal,Embark Caribbean Princess!What help will you need?

Thanks everyone for your prompt responses.

I guess I will ask while on the ship and if the ships aren't close together we will catch a cab. We will also ask for last departure.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that will be staying on the Royal for the TA but we preferred the itinerary of the Caribbean.....not to mention the great aft cabin we got for less money than the Royal. :D

Thanks again.

Last year we were on the Royal Princess for two weeks, then transferred to the Ruby for the TA. There were 4 couples doing the same thing, plus another group going to the Coral for the Panama Canal. The Circle Hostess coordinated a bus for all of us. It was well done.;)

Did this in Nov for the CB and Regal. Talk to the Captains Circle person, they will get you free transportation to the second ship if the ships are not adjacent to each other. You will be the last people off the ship. We went on a bus (the only 2 people on the bus). painless and efficient.

Edited by weedpindle

Disembark Royal,Embark Caribbean Princess!What help will you need?

If, as is likely, one ship is at berth 2, and one ship is at berth 21

-- it is about 2.5 miles of industrial roads with no sidewalks between

the two terminals.

I presume that people doing this would have to get themselves

and their luggage from one to the other. You?

Of course, there is always a chance that one will be at berth 2, and

one will be at berth 4, and you can simply dray your stuff across the

parking lot.

If, as is likely, one ship is at berth 2, and one ship is at berth 21

-- it is about 2.5 miles of industrial roads with no sidewalks between

the two terminals.

I presume that people doing this would have to get themselves

and their luggage from one to the other. You?

Of course, there is always a chance that one will be at berth 2, and

one will be at berth 4, and you can simply dray your stuff across the

parking lot.

Thanks for the info. I did call Princess and they said more than likely one will be a Pier 2 and the other at pier 21.

We will grab a cab if Princess has no shuttle. :)

Thanks for the info. I did call Princess and they said more than likely one will be a Pier 2 and the other at pier 21.

Princess WILL get you to the other ship, however if you want to spend unnecessary money, get a cab.

Personally, I would grab a cab, as I am type-a, except more

impatient.

The north port parking garage is adjacent to berth 2, and the mid

port parking garage is adjacent to berth 21. If one of the ships

is returning to a different berth than it left from, there will be a

shuttle running between the parking garages. It is free, and

in my experience, very quick. The last time I used it, there were

at least 3 buses running; we waited about five minutes, and left

with maybe 8 people on the bus. We didn't sit around and wait

for the bus to fill up.

This is a small 20-passenger bus, like rental car companies use.

Princess arranged transportation on one recent cruise I was on. I was not involved so I don't know the details, but I saw a listing on the disembarkation guide for one group for passengers transferring to a specific other Princess ship. I guess in this case they had enough passengers making the transfer to be worth establishing a specific disembarkation group for them.