Reflection Luminae Construction Feb 7 2015

C 2 C

Mr. Arno,

Thanks for posting the pictures. :)

Yes, Arno, thank you so much for posting pictures. I don't think our Silhouette sailing will be impacted be the construction but the new dining area will be there. It's nice to actually see the changes! :D

Great info...thanks

I don't remember early dining being at 5:45....I though it was always 6PM???

With select dining starting at 5:15, it's like eating an early bird special :) (very familiar to those who live in southern florida :) )

Please let us know if select (or other) dining is effected. Can one still book specialty restaurants or have they been filled with suite guests?

Finally...what the heck is "society" a club of clubs???

Edited by ghstudio

Hi Arno:

Thanks for all the great photos and up-to-date information.

Just as a point of interest, how are they pronouncing "Luminae" on board?

obviously.....lumina E. You see the name of the restaurant was lumina and this was the fifth design, thus the e at the end :)

Looks wonderful, though I gotta say, I am not a fan of the carpet - wish they did something more neutral to make the lights and "light" theme stand out more....the black in the carpet just ruins it for me.

I'm going to keep an open mind on all the decor until it's finally in place. Sometimes I find I'm too quick to judge things when I don't see all of the different effects, colorings, and other design elements installed all at one time.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Thank you for the up updates on this and for always being so helpful to us! Enjoy this trip!

Does anyone know if the new dining area will be open for lunch each day or only on sea days?

We just decided to book silhouette 4/12 to try it before the ship leaves for europe! Can't wait! New menus! 😃

Looks wonderful, though I gotta say, I am not a fan of the carpet - wish they did something more neutral to make the lights and "light" theme stand out more....the black in the carpet just ruins it for me.

My perception - the carpet we are viewing in the photos is the entire Main DR carpet that has not yet been ripped out for Luminae's section. Arno may enlighten us.

Thanks Arno! Sailing in a suite on this ship in December, so I'm enjoying your photos very much.

My perception - the carpet we are viewing in the photos is the entire Main DR carpet that has not yet been ripped out for Luminae's section. Arno may enlighten us.

Thanks Arno! Sailing in a suite on this ship in December, so I'm enjoying your photos very much.

Good call! That is the MDR carpet.

Arno,

Thanks so much for posting this information. We'll be sailing on the Reflection on the next cruise, leaving Feb 14. Could you post how Select dining turns out during the week? I don't relish eating at 5:15, or 9:30, for that matter. All the Specialty restaurants are already booked on our cruise except for 9:30 or 10 pm seating. I'm hoping that some times were blocked for suite guests that may be freed up as we get under way.

My perception - the carpet we are viewing in the photos is the entire Main DR carpet that has not yet been ripped out for Luminae's section.

Im all but certain that's the case. What you are seeing, is Reflection's current carpet, and they have not installed the new carpet yet. I'm sure Arno will confirm.

Arno : Have a wonderful cruise !

Hi Arno:

Thanks for all the great photos and up-to-date information.

Just as a point of interest, how are they pronouncing "Luminae" on board?

Hi Elena7seas,

I heard from someone who should be in the know while onboard Equinox, and they were pronouncing it Lumin-A, or, Luminaayyy for us native New Yorkers :)

I'm curious to hear if Arno hears the same, or something different.

Edited by Host Andy

Arno,

Thank you very much for doing all this '' live from'' photo-blogging for all of us. Your overall knowledge coupled with your '' on the scene'' factual reportings are excellent and we're all privileged to be invited to share them.