Reflection Luminae Construction Feb 7 2015

C 2 C

Hi Elena7seas,

I heard from someone who should be in the know while onboard Equinox, and they were pronouncing it Lumin-A, or, Luminaayyy for us native New Yorkers :)

I'm curious to hear if Arno hears the same, or something different.

Glad to hear that input -that's how I've been pronouncing it (Loo-min-NAY) mentally since they announced the name. Like Canidae (the dog food, not that big country above the US.)

Edited by Caribbean Chris

In your copy of Celebrity Today, it shows opening time for the El Bacio cafe as 11:30 am, in the past (on the Constellation) it has been 7:00 am. Is this a fleet wide change? Or, a (I hope) misprint?

Sounds right - it was embarkation day.

Thank you for the up updates on this and for always being so helpful to us! Enjoy this trip!

Does anyone know if the new dining area will be open for lunch each day or only on sea days?

We just decided to book silhouette 4/12 to try it before the ship leaves for europe! Can't wait! New menus! 😃

Hi there, everyday including embarkation day!

Hi Elena7seas,

I heard from someone who should be in the know while onboard Equinox, and they were pronouncing it Lumin-A, or, Luminaayyy for us native New Yorkers :)

I'm curious to hear if Arno hears the same, or something different.

Lumina is an extinct car made by Chevrolet,

Luminae pronounce Lumin-eh is very familiar to the Canadian way of ending a word or a sentence.

Latin class 101'. Terra, Terrae.....

A rose by any other name will taste as great.. ;)

Google

"A sisterhood of six young warriors are tasked with protecting the mysterious Luminae, a holy creature of Light in exile from those forces of Darkness that would decimate humanity. Each chosen for their individual strengths, powers, and force of will, they serve their duty in tales most believe to be merely legend. When one of their sisters disappears after a surprise attack by otherworldly creatures, the others know it is the sign of a superior evil soon to arrive… and a looming danger for the saint under their protection!"

Luminae pronounce Lumin-eh is very familiar to the Canadian way of ending a word or a sentence.

Arno,

Have you been told if Zeniths will be able to dine in Luminae, or will it be suites only?

Arno,

Have you been told if Zeniths will be able to dine in Luminae, or will it be suites only?

I asked a year ago and the answer was no.

However there are 7 Zeniths on board this sailing, and all of us are having dinner in the specialty dining areas just like the suite passengers.

Sorry no new pictures today. I asked the HD if it was possible to get an interior shot but it seems X wishes to keep it secret for now.

I asked a year ago and the answer was no.

However there are 7 Zeniths on board this sailing, and all of us are having dinner in the specialty dining areas just like the suite passengers.

Every night? WOW - I guess that I am on the wrong ship! Are the Sky suites included in the unlimited specialty dining (during construction)?

I am dismayed that this degree of construction is taking place in a major public venue like the MDR during a sailing. This is another example of chasing revenue...this ship and the others undergoing conversion should be taken out of service for a quick trip to the boatyard and come back online with ALL improvements complete, 100% operational and ready to function exactly as advertised. This is such poor planning and shows total disregard for the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, suite and non-suite. Cruising in a construction zone does not resemble anything in their marketing materials...I expect to get away from that kind of activity when I'm living in my parallel universe, sailing on the high seas...I don't want to see it, hear it, smell it or know anything about it.

Every night? WOW - I guess that I am on the wrong ship! Are the Sky suites included in the unlimited specialty dining (during construction)?

Arno,

Are you able to get a reservation time of your liking? Over on the Equinox thread people have been saying the only reservations available are after 9:30 PM.

Tom

Wow Arno, 7 Zeniths on one 7 night sailing! Aren't there only like 50 Zeniths altogether?

Glad to hear you are included in the specialty restaurants.

Enjoy!!!

On the Connie in December we had 9 Zeniths onboard together. With two other suite couples it made a very large group seated together in Michaels.

There are new people becoming Zenith every week. Probably closer to 70 now.

I am dismayed that this degree of construction is taking place in a major public venue like the MDR during a sailing. This is another example of chasing revenue...this ship and the others undergoing conversion should be taken out of service for a quick trip to the boatyard and come back online with ALL improvements complete, 100% operational and ready to function exactly as advertised. This is such poor planning and shows total disregard for the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, suite and non-suite. Cruising in a construction zone does not resemble anything in their marketing materials...I expect to get away from that kind of activity when I'm living in my parallel universe, sailing on the high seas...I don't want to see it, hear it, smell it or know anything about it.

As a shareholder, this makes zero sense. Taking a ship out of service costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. It just isn't going to happen, and is one of the nuances of a cruise vacation. Hotels remodel and don't close down entirely either.

You have a very unrealistic expectation with regard to such matters.

From the year end 10K filing by RCL:

• 8,825,623 Passenger Cruise days in Q4 2014
  • $1,817,826,000 Revenue in Q4 2014
  • $205.97 is the average revenue per day per cruiser
  • 2800 is Capacity of the S class ships generally
  • $576,716 is the lost revenue per day to take a ship out of service.
  • Travel to and from the dry dock is at least 1 day each, assume at least 3 days to do the work, we are at 5 days.
  • This would cost $2,883,580 in lost revenue
  • Net Cruise costs per passenger per day are $121.07 or $338,996 per day, however even tough the ship is not servicing customer, the staff still is being paid.
  • The only real savings would be from food savings which averages about $12.75 per person per day or $35,700 per day. So an argument can't be made that the expense are an important figure to compare to the rvenues as an offset being generated. Also the food cost includes the cost of feeding crew, so I'd say let's only take 2/3 of this figure as savings, as the other 1/3 is still being spent to feed crew and staff.

Edited by cle-guy

Arno,

Are you able to get a reservation time of your liking? Over on the Equinox thread people have been saying the only reservations available are after 9:30 PM.

Tom

We like 6 to 6:30 dining. No problem. The other Zeniths like 8:30, no problem.

The stress in the dining room is much less than expected.

As a shareholder, this makes zero sense. Taking a ship out of service costs hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. It just isn't going to happen, and is one of the nuances of a cruise vacation. Hotels remodel and don't close down entirely either.

Perhaps a more practical approach would have been to leave some cabins unbooked while the renovations are underway. If this impacts, say, 5% of the dinner seating, book 5% less passengers for that cruise.

But that's based on the assumption that the loss of seating is indeed enough to cause a significant dining disruption. If that's not the case, no need to take any steps to alleviate what isn't a problem.