Cost of adult beverages?

hmcrn

Hi! I am curious about the cost of a martini on board the ship at the lounge? I love a good cold one before dinner, especially when I've been out touring all day. We will be on Avalon - Paris to Normandy this spring.
I am a wine drinker as well, so I am happy we get that at dinner.
Thank you!!

Yes, a martini is around 7euro full price (I was on Avalon Vista in Dec 2014). During Happy Hour (typically 5-7 or there abouts, depending on port schedules) all drinks on the menu are half price.

Someone shared a photo of a bar menu on Avalon - I can't find it on my office computer but hopefully that helpful person can point out the link again ;-) Edited by Hoyaheel

[quote name='2pbears']Do all of the river boat lines have Happy Hour or just Avalon? We are looking at either Viking or Ama Waterways.[/quote]

AMA does not have HH. We tend to be wine drinkers and will order a bottle of wine at the bar and than have the bartender save it for us. Drink prices are pretty reasonable.

Viking did NOT have a happy hour on our September trip Budapest to Amsterdam. No one cared when we walked into the lounge for our cruise/port talks with a glass of wine or scotch from our room. Would have bought more from the bar if there had been a happy hour special!

Vantage's Irrawaddy River Cruise always had a "drink special" they were good and reasonably priced.

We are on Viking again, and figuring out if the drink pkg. was worth it. I found the drink menu with prices by going to FAQ, and then "About My Ship". You don't need to have a reservation or particular ship. I'm sure other lines have a similar way to find info. You can figure about $10 per drink.

I also found the laundry prices on FAQ/My Ship, since we have to pack light this time - China, with a few inter-China flights. Edited by cruzersky2

We will be sailing on Viking Cities of Light beginning in later March. I have also seen the drink prices for Viking - not unreasonable. As "tipping" in Europe is different than US, is there "gratuity" added to the price (as in typical ocean cruises) or is the price inclusive?

If you buy the "Silver Spirits" beverage package, is there additional gratuity or service charge added?

Or does the daily recommended gratuity (12 E pp per day) cover "drink" gratuity.

Thanks,

Bruce

Just re-checked the FAQ drinks/menu. Silver Spirits is priced by the number of nights of your cruise. No extra service charge or tips. You can tip at the bar if you want, but I don't see how it is different from the dining room staff. I consider it part of the tip charges at the end of the trip. I tip the recommended amount and I don't feel like I'm stiffing any one part of the staff.
As an aside, I'm embarrassed and shocked by some posters who take it out on the staff if they are disappointed for some reason, or even worse, because they have "fallen on financial hard times". I really read that here on CC! Rant over...