Harmony of the Seas

Midwestgal

I need to book something by March 20th (that's another story), do you think the new ship will be ready to book by then?

My guess would be no. Can't you just book a cruise far enough out that you have no intention of sailing on then transfer the booking to Harmony once they become available?

That makes perfect sense. Why have Oasis or Allure do a TA to Europe in the spring when Harmony is already there. I would assume that she will make her way to Florida in the fall.

Yeah I think that will almost certainly be temporary, or BRIEFLY seasonal at best. No way they don't put a new ship in Florida, something that is waaaay overdue. RCI already ticked off enough loyal customers by shipping the Quantum to frickin Asia, they can't afford to deal another slap in the face to the customer base that put them on the map in the first place. That said, I think the real question is whether it will be a Port Everglades or Port Canaveral home port.

I need to book something by March 20th (that's another story), do you think the new ship will be ready to book by then?

My guess would be no. Can't you just book a cruise far enough out that you have no intention of sailing on then transfer the booking to Harmony once they become available?

But doesn't Royal normally release their Europe itineraries

for next year around 15 March?

I was hoping Oasis 3 would head directly for Florida but I guess it makes sense to spend the season over in Europe instead of shipping her directly over here and having to send another ship over there.

Maybe winter 2017 I'll get on Harmony.

Hoping for a connoisseur club, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps this will finally silence those who seem to believe that no cruise ship is complete without a water slide, despite all of the other more innovative options available on RCI ships. But I suspect that it will only encourage those folks to lobby for their addition to the ships currently in the fleet. Still wondering if there is an equal number of folks on Carnival, NCL, or Princess, lobbying for zip lines, bumper cars, bungee trampolines etc.;)

ive not seen anyone wanting all that stuff on princess or celebrity forums. Loads of people don't like the quantum after going on her because of all the junk.

On a business level though, the company's are all trying to pull in family's with children or teenagers and give them all that they require to make a fun family holiday. But there will still always be people who just want to relax in a peaceful setting and cruise serenely.

Yeah I think that will almost certainly be temporary, or BRIEFLY seasonal at best. No way they don't put a new ship in Florida, something that is waaaay overdue. RCI already ticked off enough loyal customers by shipping the Quantum to frickin Asia, they can't afford to deal another slap in the face to the customer base that put them on the map in the first place. That said, I think the real question is whether it will be a Port Everglades or Port Canaveral home port.

Let's face it, many of the so called "traditional" cruisers are not happy with the revolutionizing concept of Quantum anyhow. I think the ship will be a huge success in Asia, and from a profitability point of view I am sure the Chinese market will maximize the revenue on that ship. The cruise industry is changing and the low yielding caribbean market is not lucrative enough anymore from a revenue perspective looking at all the competition, and if chances arise for areas that are still much less developed with greater potential for profitability RCL has to react, which they did by deciding to move part of their fleet including Quantum to Asia, a market with great potential and at this stage less competition. From somewhere RCL needs to finance their new ships :D

Royal Caribbean Norway office announced on their FB page that from April 2016 the ship will sail from Barcelona....

Very interesting and not the least bit surprising given that the ship debuts in April, the perfect time to kick off a summer Western Med season...

I realize they've since deleted the post, but it just makes too much sense. I'll look to sail her when she (hopefully) returns to the Caribbean in the fall.

Let's face it, many of the so called "traditional" cruisers are not happy with the revolutionizing concept of Quantum anyhow. I think the ship will be a huge success in Asia, and from a profitability point of view I am sure the Chinese market will maximize the revenue on that ship. The cruise industry is changing and the low yielding caribbean market is not lucrative enough anymore from a revenue perspective looking at all the competition, and if chances arise for areas that are still much less developed with greater potential for profitability RCL has to react, which they did by deciding to move part of their fleet including Quantum to Asia, a market with great potential and at this stage less competition. From somewhere RCL needs to finance their new ships :D

I'm think its great that they are going into Australia (where I live & Asia) new places to cruise. We really love the voyager & hope we see more ships like her here. More & more people are starting to cruise, giving money to the cruiselines & opening up new revenue sources. The more revenue the more money for new ships. A